What's new

Dark Heart Nursery Clones

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gauss, all of their plants were quarantined, not my first rodeo. Some plants looked so dudded i tossed them right away, others seemed fine until flower when i got the results i just posted. Am i somehow in the wrong here? Should I really just blame myself? I dunno man, im just sharing my experience.

G

Gauss

Not saying you're wrong, man. Just saying buying clones (sight unseen?) can be a crapshoot. Sounds like you got crap, I'd be pissed too. You have every right to speak out about your experience imo.

That said, it sounds about par for the course for paid clones. I bet if you put them outside for a season they would come back to full force, these aren't grandma's clones. Consider it like a chicken farm chicken vs a real farm chicken, give em a little while to eat well and cluck around like a real bird and then they taste as good as ever.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So an outdoor environment causes plants to dud less or not dud? Truly curious about why that is/would be? Isnt having a climate controlled environment with perfect temps and humidity even more ideal? I use a neutral media(rockwool) and run dwc with a combination of synthetic and some organic nutrients. I really never have issues. I agree i just got unlucky here but its not like I changed anything other than picking up their clones. I mean every word i say with the utmost respect and I felt compelled to share what happened here. Ill go back to not thinking about this anymore haha

Americangrower

Veteran
So an outdoor environment causes plants to dud less or not dud? Truly curious about why that is/would be? Isnt having a climate controlled environment with perfect temps and humidity even more ideal? I use a neutral media(rockwool) and run dwc with a combination of synthetic and some organic nutrients. I really never have issues. I agree i just got unlucky here but its not like I changed anything other than picking up their clones. I mean every word i say with the utmost respect and I felt compelled to share what happened here. Ill go back to not thinking about this anymore haha

I think it has more to do with light spectrum outside, my guess would be UV that is lacking indoors. Now I have never tried it with a dud but I have thrown males outside that were under led and they def perked up.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 630lec mh bulbs are supposed to have more uv. Personally i love them. Ive hit higher gpw with these than ever with hid/1000w

G

Gauss

Once they see you out with the weed eater once they toe the fuckin line. I've done it inside but it makes a helluva mess.

RomulanJake

Romulan Jake...its obvious you make money with DHN... and your trying to discredit people who say their shit is tainted..... cool story bro

They are the Ebola of the industry

Thats not true.. at all. I have a great career working as an electrical engineer designing fire alarm & life safety systems. I only have Romulan Genetics as a side hobby to keep me busy, and keep some friends and family with a paycheck.

The reason I feel it necessary to ask why Crooked is acting the way he is, is it seems useless, and I just dont see being compelled to tell others how crappy a company is that seems to be thriving every where else except this little thread.

I live in a grower town, that has been that way for decades.. and they sell out here over and over again. Everyone I know has good experiences.. and literally this thread is the first time Ive heard any bad about them, at all. So to me, its something other than what it looks like.. which makes me turn full Marine and start asking questions.. which is all I did, so there was no need to come out bashing on me out of nowhere Storm Shadow.. especially when my comments were not even directed at you.

I have become friends with the owner Dan, and some people that work there. I know how hard they work, and how much they put in there. I make ZERO from them.. zero.

I gifted my Romulan cut to them, and told them I want nothing for it.. feel free to ask them.

Here is a copy and pasted email from them, when we got rolling on this:

Hi Jake,

Thank you for the call today, I am excited to get this strain out to the public with you! Use this email thread to send the pictures and grow tips for the Romulan strain. Here is the information I already have:

"Jake is a Marine Corps vet and the history of the strain comes from a long history of veterans bringing seeds from across the world to make the famous Romulan strain in British Columbia years ago. The "legend" is that seeds were originally brought over from the Korean War called "Thai Stick". These were then crossed with landrace Mexican sativas, then Columbian sativas in the 70s. Finally, an Afghani indica was brought over to perfect over 30 years of breeding.

Jake says that it is a powerfully strong strain that can do you in one hit. Medically, it helps with nerve issues and helps his PTSD. It will make your face and teeth numb through the first hit with a sativa-like effect and after a full bowl or joint will induce couch lock through the indica.

He said that is in an incredibly hardy plant and resistant to almost all pests, disease, and physical abuse but is susceptible to spider mites. The flowering time is 8-10 weeks with an 8-week harvest producing a couch lock and it mellowing and becoming more smooth at the 10-week mark.

He is located in _____ near _____, which is how he first found out about us. He began to follow us on Instagram and really appreciates that we go after high-quality genetics and actively care about our farmers. He is not permitted and is working under a medical license. He does not seem interested in any monetary compensation and is only looking to get this strain out the people who need it.

His phone number is _____ and email is ______"

Best,

Savannah Hanks
Marketing Manager, Dark Heart Industries
1 888 627 3275 ext. 216

P.S. You can get mad at me all you want.. but dont go assuming things and making this into far more than what it is.. all I did was ASK ONE PERSON some questions.. and he answered. Now we can move on, and you all can keep hating on a clone company in this thread all you want.

Hopefully what I said makes you think though.. why do others have good experiences and you dont? Could it be something other than what you assume it is?

Its worth at least looking into, rather than spending energy spreading negativity.

:)

Last edited:

RomulanJake

Ive been doing this for 18 years. I know a dudded plant when i see it. They have virally infected material and it was more than clear. They have the dudding happening with more people than just me.

Im sorry to say it all I was hyped to try their gear! It was just so obvious their genetics are tainted. I am disappointed i spent money, lost money and had to throw out their plants. I have no benefit to lying about this. If i had a bad run id admit it. Ill dig through my pics and return w the proof.

So then you should read this..

https://darkheartnursery.com/news/hop-latent-viroid/

And as for your pics, I dont need proof.. I believe you wholeheartedly. But I also believe the hundreds of people that have pictures of those strains, grown from DHN clones, that turned out fabulous. Go research, and you'll see.. literally hundreds of growers had the same cut turn out amazingly.

I get if you had a bad experience, and if perhaps that kept happening. I also understand feeling compelled to tell others.. but did you look into DHN, and any changes they have made recently? And how long ago was this experience you had? Was it last month, or a year ago?

I have no experience with DHN up until about a year ago.. and the reason I picked them to gift my cut to was I could tell they were getting their shit together. Building labs, looking to cure dudding not just for them but for other breeders and growers, and taking what they did seriously with passion. I like that shit. When people work hard, I respect that. Respect is one of the few things that cannot be bought, sold, or faked.

Lastly I am sorry if I came off the wrong way to you personally.. I honestly was just trying to find out what was making you stick around here and say the things you were saying. I meant nothing personal, Im just an asshole at heart and probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday. Please forgive me for my being uncaring, and unkind.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
You dont get it buddy... no worries.. you dont grow obviously... your Buddy Jake the Snake ... They sell contaminated clones... their whole operation is tainted.. it doesnt show up right away ... over a matter of time your clean stock will become infected with their nasty Viruses/diseases aka DUD .. good luck bro

RomulanJake

You dont get it buddy... no worries.. you dont grow obviously... your Buddy Jake the Snake ... They sell contaminated clones... their whole operation is tainted.. it doesnt show up right away ... over a matter of time your clean stock will become infected with their nasty Viruses/diseases aka DUD .. good luck bro

Please read this.. seriously, stop taking this personally man..

https://darkheartnursery.com/news/hop-latent-viroid/

Americangrower

Veteran
So wait.. you got clone it grew perfect the 1st run. Then on 2nd run it dudded and this is DH fault? Maybe you should check you room and tools better because unless they have some NASA scientist working for them. There is no way they can have a clone/mom stay perfectly healthy and grow once healthy. Then dud next round. Unless they are geniuses because that would be a clone sellers dream.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No perfect first run. Just bs from the start. I havent run their same clones more than once. It was always beneath what i already had and seemed virally infected. Where did you get that i ran it twice? My room is fine, especially after i removed their genetics. Did you read what i said?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Romjake if you look back in the thread i even highlighted how ironic it is that they even have that article on their website since they sold me dudded material. Funny right!? All the clones i am mentioning were acquired and tossed within the last 6 months. I have records if anyone cared. In case anyone hasn't noticed im pretty meticulous about data. And you still mention not being sure why i would say this here? Really? I made it obvious that their material cost me money and time. Why would i just tell myself “oh well, im sure they are great and everyone else should still give it a shot even though 80% of my material was virally infected”. Thank god i got rid of them when i did. If i was a novice grower i would have flowered all of them and lost my mind. Btw, Storm Shadow is as og on here as anyone. I remember when he was busting his ass using chitosan and whatnot figuring this dudding shit out. Ultimately, its almost always just a toss and forget it situation. No vertical growth? Abnormally tight nodes? Light short leaves? Hairy material w no smell or barely any trichomes in flower? Yeah its dudded. And i know all about that article and i even approached them about how the tahoe showed half dudded or more limbs and they told me it “comes from infected shears”. Please. Not only do i sterilize my scissors, i HAVENT SEEN A DUD IN YEARS!!! Not since back when Storm had the issue and i saw it w my first gg4 clones. Trashed them and got a new source of gg and never saw it again for over 5 years......until dhn cuts.

RomulanJake

Romjake...

And you still mention not being sure why i would say this here? Really? I made it obvious that their material cost me money and time. Why would i just tell myself “oh well, im sure they are great and everyone else should still give it a shot even though 80% of my material was virally infected”.

Btw, Storm Shadow is as og on here as anyone. I remember when he was busting his ass using chitosan and whatnot figuring this dudding shit out.

The last thing I said to you was an apology. And I meant it brother.. :)

If you act like Storm Shadow did to me out of left field.. I mean you dont command respect by acting like that, and you sure aren't being respectful by saying what he said. At least I tried to be respectful and ask questions, that were directed at you and you alone, without making baseless accusations or flying off the handle (well ok, I may have been a tad much). He acted out of line, and I'm not sure why anyone would say otherwise honestly. He had no right to say I "obviously work for them" without any proof what so ever, and that I "obviously dont grow", and then to use the old internet warrior quote of "cool story bro"... I mean it was immature at best. I'm too old for that shit. But I'm not inclined to actually care.. he has his world, and I dont live in it.

I'll let you all have this here, and will leave this thread alone.. I'm not gonna get any of you to open your mind, and I get that.

Have fun, and please accept my apology for any wrong doing on my part. Truly.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its all good friend. I never meant disrespect myself hope none was taken. I just think that “opening ones mind” at this point is rough for someone like myself, who was so openminded and gave 6 of their strains a shot, from separate drops, only to find identical or similar problems with them all. I promise you i have no urge to hurt or bash their reputation, im hoping they can fix this. But just posting an article about tissue culture and hop latent viroid stuff isnt going to mean shit if youre still spreading it. I just think its dishonest and mean. I wish it had worked out well, im bummed.

RomulanJake

Its all good friend. I never meant disrespect myself hope none was taken. I just think that “opening ones mind” at this point is rough for someone like myself, who was so openminded and gave 6 of their strains a shot, from separate drops, only to find identical or similar problems with them all. I promise you i have no urge to hurt or bash their reputation, im hoping they can fix this. But just posting an article about tissue culture and hop latent viroid stuff isnt going to mean shit if youre still spreading it. I just think its dishonest and mean. I wish it had worked out well, im bummed.

You never disrespected me in anyway. I was the one that was out of line, and should've just bit my tongue and not said what I did.. or at least approached it better.

I guess I got defensive because i had never heard of any issues like this from them.. and well, i picked them to gift a very meaningful plant to me and my family. It sort of reflects on me now.. their reputation.

Obviously they have some issues, and i never should have assumed otherwise just because I've never heard of those problems. But I can say, that I feel like they are good people trying to do things right. Hopefully it's just a process of getting things set straight over there, and people stop having the shit experience that you and some others have had.

I highly respect the way you handled this, and have to keep myself from speaking out of order like I did in the future.. at least here in this forum.

And I still highly recommend you try The Bling.. but maybe go with seeds from THSC instead.:laughing: I think they are on SHN.com. :tiphat: