What's new

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

mr.brunch

Veteran
Some very interesting crosses happening here, top work...
Can’t wait to see the results
All the best :tiphat:

ozza

Veteran
Really wish I had known about the ancestral skunk seeds before they became unavailable. I’m not looking for the RKS per say but wouldn’t mind either. Honestly what I’d really like is to find a skunk that had bright red hairs(not rust or orange but fire engine red) with an emerald greenish color.
It was something that was around my area in the mid-late 90s and while every bag had a couple seeds, I was in a situation at the time that growing wasn’t an option. I did save the seeds at the time but had them hidden in my moms house in my old room and by the time I was able to grow she had cleaned out the room completely and tossed them.
sounds like superskunk or red dragon from barneys which was red beard

Fitzera

Has anybody seen the guy @blueskiesvienna on instagram? Hes apparently got "pre" skunk genetics from oldtimer1. Story is they are skunk genetics that were used in the breeding of the skunk line. Skunk before the skunk was bred out of them. Hes just starting to get around to selling them.

Theres some drama around it too, a few people are saying they bought thousands of dollars worth of seed and there was/is no skunk. Matt riot has gotten involved and called him out as well.

Anyone know more about this?

maximusmin

When I read people talking about rks they seem to be referring to a 1990’s skunk but i remember it being more mid 80’s.
Could I be thinking of a different skunk? Or maybe an early version of it?

J-Icky

When I read people talking about rks they seem to be referring to a 1990’s skunk but i remember it being more mid 80’s.
Could I be thinking of a different skunk? Or maybe an early version of it?

See I was a teenager in the 90s and the only time I got anything close to roadkill was in 96 and it was a one bag and never seen again thing. What I remember more of from the 90s was skunky smelling weed with bright red hairs but it def wasn’t roadkill. There was also a pineyish NL a Durban Poison that def had that anise smell everyone talks about. But h and can’t forget about the good ole “hydro” which was always moist sticky Not quite fully mature and neon green with a very distinct sweetish smell, honestly I’d love to know what this strain was as it was plentiful and had a great high to it but it was always just called “hydro”.

J-Icky

sounds like superskunk or red dragon from barneys which was red beard

I checked out the red beard and, to me, those are that rust colored I was talking about where the strain I’m looking for had bright red hairs, no brownish/rust tint at all.

I’ll check out super skunk and see if that’s at least close.

I’m under no impression that what I’m looking for is around any more but if I could find something close then I could at least try to work it to what I remember.
That’s also why I wish I had gotten the ancestral before it disappeared. Even though I have a small grow I still think it would be easier to work forward to what I’m looking for than to deconstruct a modern hybrid into what i want, if that makes any sense.

ozza

Veteran
nobody is selling skunk seeds.

The Shit from Shanti has it.

I had a RKS male. A proper RKS and it would not pollinate. out of 100 s of plants it gave me one ssed crossed over an old mango strain.

An Aliens gift cross sour bubble i was given resembles it greatly. bit too much lemon all road kill though otherwise.

Dirt Life

Veteran
For sure there's a pheno of Mr. Nice Skunk/Haze that reeks of skunk... RKS? Prob not, but up to individual opinion, really. But definately skunk(y)...

Dirt Life

Veteran
Mr. Nice Skunk/Haze skunk pheno @ 11 weeks...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Dankwolf

For sure there's a pheno of Mr. Nice Skunk/Haze that reeks of skunk... RKS? Prob not, but up to individual opinion, really. But definately skunk(y)...

Mr nice has some worth wile contribution in his seed stock with out question .

I am using some,of his the cure and plan to possibly implement some critical mass as well should I see fit . :tiphat:

Dirt Life

Veteran
? No . well I guess I should give up search and let you make a few mill on you mystery rks plant that resembles the original in no way . I don't mean to be rude but vague ,useless staments lacking content bother me anymore .

1# why is it her ?
2 # genetic back ground ?
3 # why doesn't she resemble the original in any way ?
4 # the original rks lime green skunk was a indica . "11 weeks " ?

I can come up with more if you would like . but I figure this is a good start . can Wiat for your detailed reply afferming the few ???? Above . also who can confirm your statement .

Hey Dankwolf! I'm a little confused by this... not sure how to answer. Personally, I'm not looking for RKS, but, found a very skunky plant in skunk/haze, current stock, so, thought I'd let ppl know there is a really stinky plant in this cross that are chasing it.

Edit: It just dawned on me, those pics are of the very skunky Mr. Nice Skunk/Haze I found. When I said "Here she is...", I was referring to the MNS Sk/Hz in my previous post, not RKS... my bad. Changed for clarification.

Mr nice has some worth wile contribution in his seed stock with out question .

I am using some,of his the cure and plan to possibly implement some critical mass as well should I see fit . :tiphat:

I agree, MNS definitely has some nice lines... And good luck on your work!

:)

Last edited:
E

ESTERCHASER

not a bad idea buddy

not a bad idea buddy

Is there where I'm supposed to put my pet theory about why I think god made cannabis have sticky resin on the seed pods? Because I think that the calyxes stick to passing animals and that helps spread the seeds around.

for some trees such as kentucky coffee they CANNOT germinate without stratification because hundreds of thousands of years ago dinosaurs would eat them the digestive tract would help in germination and ultimately distribution.......its not an unheard of theory brother.

https://www.uky.edu/hort/sites/www....ext=Propagation-Methods?q=Propagation-Methods

Latest posts

Latest posts