What's new

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Dankwolf

I have to wonder if the RKS might be found by the growers that get to search through all those seeds The Seed Hunter is shipping back to Gipsy? Hell maybe find some of the other long lost strains and phenos!

I hope to get my hands on some eeatger rks is in there who knows .

Dankwolf

Just a thought. secondary project direction ?

Just a thought. secondary project direction ?

So I am starting to think the best way to establish a true rks is to search and find as many rks profile plants as I can with backgrounds heavy in the Colombian gold and afghan side of things and create a landrace by running 1000 plant open polanations with all prefered plants then with no selection for / say 10 open polanations .

Any thoughts ?

Dankwolf

Sounds like a lot of work! Good luck. Still subbed

Not sure if you have read this thread fully but to you and any others I plan to take at least 10+ years . I am 3 yeats in so far and have 2 good examples and many others that are worth while . in all honesty I have ran through 100s of clone onlys and keeped 4 out of them all . this is not just another chem croos . actuly I did not keep any chem at all .:tiphat:

I am not here to make money . so time is not an issue . :tiphat:

J-Icky

I’d say do the initial crosses between the afghanis and the CG as no selection open pollination but after that I would only keep the strongest smelling and those with the smells I want and chop the rest before they have a chance to muddy things too much.

I just think a no selection open pollination for 10 generations risks muddying things up way too much. Too much of a chance of finding what you want but then it getting pollinated by who knows what and it being gone again.

But I also don’t have any way of actually doing this so my opinion means very little lol. No matter what you choose to do I will follow along and keep hoping you are able to obtain your goal.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was wondering if you ever tried the katsu cut of bubba kush? It's most likely an afghani of some sort and has a very nice skunk aroma when it's very ripe. The stench is almost un cover up able when it's grown really well. I figured somewhere in these genetics will be some stinky male or female. For now the bubba kush is enough rank skunk smell for me. But if you are looking for that over powering rude offensive schtank it's in the Affy. Of course this is only an opinion of mine. Good luck finding your holy grail pepe le pew.

Dankwolf

I was wondering if you ever tried the katsu cut of bubba kush? It's most likely an afghani of some sort and has a very nice skunk aroma when it's very ripe. The stench is almost un cover up able when it's grown really well. I figured somewhere in these genetics will be some stinky male or female. For now the bubba kush is enough rank skunk smell for me. But if you are looking for that over powering rude offensive schtank it's in the Affy. Of course this is only an opinion of mine. Good luck finding your holy grail pepe le pew.

Any pics of this girl ?

Funyy thing is I one of the close to rks samles I have is called affie . she is a s1 of a bubba kush cross .

:tiphat:

Dawgfunk

I’m stoked to see what you find, @dankwolf. 1000seeds will give you a better chance for sure. I’d be interested to see what you’re working with crossed to old boel genetics, cuz I tell ya man, it’s still locked in the lines somewhere. I think I’ve mentioned it but check out swami organic seeds. He’s working with heirloom genetics, and everything I’ve popped so far has been a blast to the past for the old timers. The real rks is locked in the lines somewhere!

Dankwolf

I’m stoked to see what you find, @dankwolf. 1000seeds will give you a better chance for sure. I’d be interested to see what you’re working with crossed to old boel genetics, cuz I tell ya man, it’s still locked in the lines somewhere. I think I’ve mentioned it but check out swami organic seeds. He’s working with heirloom genetics, and everything I’ve popped so far has been a blast to the past for the old timers. The real rks is locked in the lines somewhere!

I will check into it .:tiphat:

Dankwolf

Ansestrial crosses

Ansestrial crosses

The lot of them .

Seed strain #1. death star x( blue star f1 = ( death star x whitaker blues) .

picture.php

Great vigour . no males showed makes me think the,line might be fem ? Mm would have to chime in . no matter best vigour out of lot .

Seed strain #2. ogkb 2.0 x Ancestrial skunk

3rd best vigour . some nice males,in this lot .

Seed strian 3# . blue star x Ancestrial skunk

picture.php

2nd best vigour . all look great . nice work mm . there is 1 male that is perfect structure like a sativa yet the most broad leaf of the hole lot . vary exited to see what he can do ....... I will be keeping him for future breeding even if he has no rks terps . mark my words he is special.

Seed strain 4# death star x Ancestrial skunk

Nothing to report as,of yet.

lastly the cure from mns .

Two cal mag defficant and or mutant sativa leaning girls

picture.php

1 indica girl that I have high hopes for considering the lineage of mns "the cure" I am hoping fore a afghan/ skunk . time,will tell

picture.php

all plants are sexed . I will try to take time to report. More frequent and more detaild now that things are getting interesting .

Up to date Group shot .

picture.php

Dankwolf

Ansestrial crosses

Ansestrial crosses

Blue star death star is still exceeding the rest in the vigour department . still not much to report .

picture.php

Dankwolf

Ancestrial skunk x ........

Ancestrial skunk x ........

Not much to report . all plants doing well .

The blue star have best vigour and second best smell.

The ogkb 2.0 x Ancestrial skunk are by far the stinkiest .got a leather/ burnt rubber / rank smell . the over powers rest of room .

Group photo . just defoilated the blue star x Ansetrial skunk and the blue start x death star .

picture.php

Dankwolf

Yes ? Or no?

Yes ? Or no?

Is any one interested in plant by plant results from pre flower to end of flower or should I just start keeping track/ posting results after flower by strian group ?

What would you like to see ?

Dawgfunk

Throw it all up in my opinion! I love watching the progress. About to get a pack of munson in soon, it’s dominion skunk x NL5, that dominion skunk looks like some amazing funk too. It’s (skunk va chem x sssc skunk 1)x(skelly hashplant x sssc skunk 1), then crossed to old nl5 to make the munson. Gonna be the dank. And by the way, I LOVE WEED! Post up the babies, man! I’m never bummed to see more weed pics.

Dankwolf

Throw it all up in my opinion! I love watching the progress. About to get a pack of munson in soon, it’s dominion skunk x NL5, that dominion skunk looks like some amazing funk too. It’s (skunk va chem x sssc skunk 1)x(skelly hashplant x sssc skunk 1), then crossed to old nl5 to make the munson. Gonna be the dank. And by the way, I LOVE WEED! Post up the babies, man! I’m never bummed to see more weed pics.

sound on point where can one acquire such genetics ? :tiphat:

If you are interested in the cure I am documenting it in thr rust thread. Here is a link

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326079&page=471

Dankwolf

The girls and maybe still a few boys .

The girls and maybe still a few boys .

Last full garden veg pic . will upgrade to 2 gallon ports 1 day before flower

I pulled all males,that showed sex in the early sexing.

picture.php

Happy Times

Is any one interested in plant by plant results from pre flower to end of flower or should I just start keeping track/ posting results after flower by strian group ?

What would you like to see ?

I vote for the first- preflower to end of flower:biggrin:

Good either way though, thanks for sharing DW

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts