What's new

Dank Demons SCROGS

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Cheers big ears :good:
As good as it can be I suppose mate, had to go through a divorce and pack up and move to the other side of the country and leave my daughter behind but I got to keep my staffys and all my seed collections and certain hard to get grow equipment nad have kept it all friendly with the X just for my daughters sake and so I can have access to her when ever I want, but besides all that bullshit things are doing pretty good mate, so keep on cranking out the dank cause I ain't growing at this point in time so I live through peeps like yourself instead :D
:plant grow:

B

birdman_

Hey folks,

If you look back through my posts all the aircon questions have been answered several times, but in short yeah they are great and yes they use slightly more elec but results out weigh usage, sorry I did not want to answer all the same aircon questions again. Oh an yes the external unit of the aircon is mounted externally.

Here are pics of my ladies with the lights on for now in week 3 of flower :)

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace :tiphat:

Lookin' Well [AS ALWAYS!] m8.. :)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Looks like a smart and proper set up. The girls look good. I've always wanted to do a scrog. Maybe it's time soon.

sackO

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Cheers big ears :good:
As good as it can be I suppose mate, had to go through a divorce and pack up and move to the other side of the country and leave my daughter behind but I got to keep my staffys and all my seed collections and certain hard to get grow equipment nad have kept it all friendly with the X just for my daughters sake and so I can have access to her when ever I want, but besides all that bullshit things are doing pretty good mate, so keep on cranking out the dank cause I ain't growing at this point in time so I live through peeps like yourself instead :D
:plant grow:

Hey bro, Sorry to hear of your troubles but at least you are seeing the positive side of things and you have your staffys and seeds.
Hope you get growing those beans soon my friend stay well.

Lookin' Well [AS ALWAYS!] m8..

Hey birdman, thanks for the continued support and compliment, take care bro and stay safe.

Looks like a smart and proper set up. The girls look good. I've always wanted to do a scrog. Maybe it's time soon.

sackO

Hey sacko, thanks for stopping by and the kind words, yep scrogs are great for getting the most from the least space but take a lot of training initially and time, but its worth it. Next grow I will be trying 9 smaller plants under each 600 watt light as have heard thats a nice number per light, also I have Chem 4d and Tigers Milk and they seem to stack the weight on and great smokes as well so will be doing a run with just these two ladies under one light.

Peace :tiphat::ying:

Dank Demon

Veteran
Good to see your still on the boards Harry my friend, thanks for the continued support and the compliment :) Stay safe and well.

Peace

Dank Demon

Veteran
Treated myself to some new shades, twin ended bulbs and special 400v adjusta watt ballasts today adjustable from 400, 600 and 1000 watt as well as over drive, so small and light weight as well. Pics to come soon.

B

birdman_

First ive Heard of "3 way adjustable Ballasts" m8! Awesome.. :)

Outta rep+

Dank Demon

Veteran
First ive Heard of "3 way adjustable Ballasts" m8! Awesome..

Outta rep+

Hey bro, yep adjustable ballasts have been out for a while, but they where for the screw in HPS bulbs, but this ballast is for twin ended bulbs that have braided wire coming out of each side of the bulb, also the bulbs have thinner walls which allow more light to pass through them, they also run cooler. The ballasts are a dream to fix as small and very light.

The Space Station Awakens. New Tech on deck. Awesome!

Hey brother, yep I though t it was time to move with the times but not try LEDs again, after the last expensive disaster lol

Looking forward to seeing the new tech hardware brother

b00m my friend, here they are and they work a treat so far so good will complete updates to see if they are worth the £££. I paid £488.44 for the two ballasts, magnum parabolic shades and the special 1000 watt bulbs, which was not too bad but would not pay any more. Here is copy and paste info on these bulbs:
High Frequency Lighting that Maintains its Spectrum at Multiple Output Levels!

Not content to just copy the competition, the research and development team at Sol-Digital have engineered their 400v / 1000w lamp to maintain it's spectrum as closely as possible when switching between different output levels (as is the case for other lamps in the Sol-Digital range). It's designed for use with the new Adjusta-Watt e-Lite 400v /1000w ballast, so you'll have all of the benefits of running three systems in one: a 400w, 600w & 1000w. However, because the lamp reduces spectral shifts and drops in efficiency to practically nothing, you'll also have none of the drawbacks. For this reason, it also makes a great, cost-effective option for those looking to replace lamps in their existing 1000w pro systems (Gavita Pro 1000w and Dimlux 1000w)
One of the finest lamps money can buy
For use with the Adjusta-Watt e-Lite 400v / 1000w ballast and custom reflector
Can also be used in other 400 volt systems like the Gavita Pro 1000w and Dimlux 1000w
Represents amazing value for money - 50% cheaper than the competition
Runs at a higher frequency than standard HPS
Delivers yield increases of up to 20% over standard HPS lighting
Engineered to maintain its light output at varying output settings
Only needs replacing once a year (on average)
Fast warm up and re-striking times
PAR value of 2050 umol/m2/s - as much useable plant light as the sun at midday!

How this Super HPS Lamp Works:
This lamp is designed for use with 400v ballasts and reflectors with special double ended (DE) lamp housings. 400v ballasts convert 230v mains electricity to 400 volts in order to run lamps at higher frequencies. This in turn delivers a more intense light with a broader spectrum, which results in faster growth rates, more resilient crops and bigger yields. The team at Sol-Digital have also engineered the lamp so that there are very few negative consequences when running it at different output settings. Inferior lamps don't always respond well to being turned up or down (particularly down), triggering a spectral shift and a reduction in efficiency. This Sol-Digital lamp will allow you to change lighting output levels without negative effects. Put quite simply, this is one of the best lamps on the market, and brilliant value for money, too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plants under lights on Danish Trays with topspin drippers. Progressive growing system so I always have something ready every few weeks, more can be introduced cropped etc when needed.
picture.php

Now time to sell my 2 Magnum XXXL aircooled shades and adjusta watt 1000 watt ballasts lol

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Looking frigging awesome there brother :woohoo:
I hope the new system helps to push your numbers up higher than before mate :tiphat:
peace an puffs
:smoke out:

Big-Narstie

Nice design on them ballasts they should pay for them selves in no time.

How much u want for the adjusta watts u have? How old r they?

I use lumatek 600w adjusta with adjust wings for now..

W

willyweed

looking good dd, how noisy are the fans in the ballast,s if you have tried them yet ? all the best ww

Dank Demon

Veteran
looking good dd, how noisy are the fans in the ballast,s if you have tried them yet ? all the best ww

Cheers ww mate, the fans in the ballasts are about the same as a 4" pc fan running just a very quiet hum. The plants so far are loving the lights will get some pics up soon. :tiphat:

B

birdman_

Hi Roll' (nc 2 see ya)

DD,your stuff is ALWAYS an Inspiration..:)

Last edited:

Dank Demon

Veteran
Nice to see you around pal hope all's well :tiphat:

RIL my main man, as birdman said its great to see you on the boards hope all is well with you and yours? All is good with me and my tribe thanks, as you can see upgraded the lights and boy what a noticeable difference the plants are well happy and the light is a lot brighter and better and I am not just saying this either, will post some more pics soon.

Hi Roll' (nc 2 see ya)

DD,your stuff is ALWAYS an Inspiration..:)

Hey bro,

Cheers for the kind words, the experience just comes from loads of mistakes and time lol.

Peace :tiphat:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
All is well here bro needed a break and am ready to grow some plants again

Thread coming soon

Al look back a few pages at these lights and see what's what :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts