What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is my goal when I start posting new content. 1# with a 315. Love seeing it's theoretically possible. ----dank.Frank

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Question scrappy - which bulbs are you using in flower? I was plannin on flowering with 4200 cuz I heard it has better wavelength but whatever your doing seems to be right...

Scrappy-doo

Great show scrappy d! Looks like with the right strain it would be no problem pulling at least a lb from 1 315!
:lurk:

Yes I believe with the right strain it's possible. There were some flaws to this grow that cost me some numbers. Mainly strain selection, timing, and canopy management.

Also the bulb itself has a painted tip which works well when these lights are used as a group, but as a single light seems to cause a dead spot directly underneath. A non-painted bulb I think will work better.

I do think the person who designed these is right. They work better with 2 or more because you get better penetration with cross lighting.
Wait till I show you all the 4x8 tent with just 2 of these it's gonna blow this one away!

Question scrappy - which bulbs are you using in flower? I was plannin on flowering with 4200 cuz I heard it has better wavelength but whatever your doing seems to be right...

This is with the agro bulb I believe 3100k. The 4200 k work well too tho, when I got 3+ lbs with 3 lights, 2 of them were 4200's. The main difference aside from spectrum is this one puts out a little more lumens with a noticeable difference in brightness.

Scrappy-doo

Hey Frank, I may actually have some of your blueberry genes afterall. Just received a cut of gromberry glue which I believe is glue x (grom x digiberry)? Maybe I'll hit her up with some bx and OSBB pollen. Don't know how much digi shows in that cut but might be interesting anyways.

Scrappy-doo

Looking sweet Scrappy! I love that outdoor, I hope the season holds out for you. We put one big Sour Grape outdoors with a cage over the top to hold her in place in case of a tropical storm or some such but she's starting to stretch now like crazy. Again , hope all goes well for ya'.:tiphat:

Man that sour grape did so well outside last year I couldn't resist driving back and throwing another one in the swamp this season too. Gonna be tricky harvesting and drying without a place to stay down there tho, but the swamp is hard to say no to. The most perfect outdoor spot I ever came across. Sun all day and surrounded by a maze filled with poison ivy, thorns, and critters any sane person would stay far away from. For me tho, it's like a 2nd home. :dance013:

Scrappy-doo

Here's my blueberry bx males

1/2
picture.php

3/4
picture.php

I'm really liking the #4. What a fuckin dimepiece! Working hard for my affection and he got it. Great lower branching, smells awesome, standing tall look at those leaves stretching up and flexing hard. This guy's a champ!

When I cut off his head to collect pollen he smiled at me and said 'You're welcome.'

picture.php

The one female I really got my eyes on looks a lot like him too. Definitely gonna tangle these two together!

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Here's a male from Sam's Ancient Skunk line. I got 3/20 to germ which is what I expected. Hopefully some real skunk is in there somewhere.
picture.php

And a female from the same line. She started slow and mutated but looks to be growing out of it. She topped herself. Twice lol. Less work for me!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Well I'm finished harvesting everything but some lowers on a sour I'm letting go a few more days.

Just found out that my new cuts not only have spider mites, but also powder mildew. Now I got to go treat all my veg plants and hope no spores took hold in the flower room. I quarantined my cuts but didn't consider possible spores flying around in my apartment. So far it looks like it only spread to the other incoming cuts in the quarantine area. Let's hope it stays there, they already got an eagle 20 dunk. Hopefully there's no more surprises with these.

The new cuts are:

AJ Sour Diesel
Gromberry Glue
Dosidos

There were a couple others but I threw them out, they just didn't look good. Hopefully these are worth the hassle they've caused me.

Anyway, here's a couple Stardawg pre harvest shots to lighten the mood. :ying:

picture.php

picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
im tardy to the party but i see its jamming. im gonna cop a squat and puff one.

looking good scraps!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Digging your progress with the Ancient Skunk. It would be so awesome to get some true roadkill type plants. Here's to hoping the project works for you. BTW, one of those Sour Bx's rooted for me. Pulled it out, dipped it in rooting powder again, 3 days later roots were poking out. It looks haggard as fuck, but it's still alive.

Scrappy-doo

Welcome Nameless!

Thanks DTOG, glad that bx made it to the lineup! I'm real interested to see what's in that Ancient Skunk line. Only 3 plants so far, but I got 180 beans left to try and get above ground.

I got the final weights tallied.

Headband OG- 98g
Sour - 66g
Stardawg - 30g
And one tiny OG - 11g

So that's 205g for the last of the crop, added to the 158 from the first bit...

=363g total, just 1 gram shy of 13 zips

=1.15 gpw

Not too bad but I know I can do better with a more controlled approach and some proper training. Overall the buds were a little looser than I'd like. Might have to tighten up the space a little.

I'll be back with some pics from the tent next time. In there I have some glue, OG, Sour, Sour BX, and Lucy at around 6 weeks, so the show is about to begin.

:tiphat:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Nice haul Scrappy! I'm on my second round with a 315 and loving it so far, using that 4.2k bulb like yourself.

I'm working on increasing density on my buds as well, got a gg4 and sour in flower at day 14 right now as well. Feeding veg and bloom and just switched to blumat in coco. Lucy vegging for the next round :)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Hey Frank, I may actually have some of your blueberry genes afterall. Just received a cut of gromberry glue which I believe is glue x (grom x digiberry)? Maybe I'll hit her up with some bx and OSBB pollen. Don't know how much digi shows in that cut but might be interesting anyways.

ayyy gbg makin the rounds.

major bummer to receive her with pests and disease.

gromberry glue is gg4 x (GROM x digiberry bx). icmagger genetic freaked made the beans using josey's glue and a male he selected from a stankbros grom digi pack, aka "snowman".

my friend and i popped a pack and found three unique and lovely females. pheno 1 was the last one we flowered and it ended up being crazy fast solid 8 weeker with dense frosty nugs, decent yeild, and intense menthol/chem nose. thats the GBG

im starting to lean towards the opinion that NO cut is worth the hassle of pest and disease infection but if you do soldier through it i hope you enjoy the fast finish and loud terps on this one.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool Scrappy. Glad to hear there is some trace around. We'll get you more Stank Bros blue lines. I promise. I hate you lost what you had. I only saved 40 of the CB x DB Bx1 but I'll leave some with your name on it, if you'd like. I know you'll actually do something with the line to preserve it. That's all we ever wanted - for people to find good meds, enjoy it, and keep it going. You know what to do.

Glad to hear that gene pool is being shared. G_F was just saying he thought a cut was making the rounds and I figured it had to be from Heady. I know Heady really liked the line as well. You know what to do, F.A.M. :respect:

I'm too small these days and simply don't have the room to get to it all and things are getting old. After my last meeting with Phillthy, we decided it was 100x more important to get these genes out and growing than it was to save "Stank Bros". It was never about anything more than getting good genes out to good people in the safest way possible. Sitting on this stock that people want does not serve that goal.

G_F's Grom x Digi Bx1 male, he dubbed "snowman" was just incredible. One of the frostiest true males I've ever seen in my life. The Grom x Digi Ix1 line he made from that male had some CRAZY potent plants. One in particular had my heart racing so fast I felt I needed to get up and move, but the floor was like the ocean on a stormy day and my legs wouldn't work. So I just stayed on the floor staring at the ceiling surprised by how potent the hybrid synergy was. It was uncomfortably strong to be honest, but mostly because it was two very opposite effects running full tilt at the same time. There is a ton of potential in the few lines he made with that male.

SSSDH, OGx (OG/Chem x OG/Sour D - from Ganja Rebel stock), and GG#4 all got pollen. I imagine the SSSDH cross could hold some real winners.

Good to be back. I've missed this place. Scrappy, you're outdoor looks incredible! Keep it up! :respect:

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Thanks budelight, I'm loving the 315's too, and the 4200 is great for veg and flower. The fact I'm even complaining about 1.15 gpw says a lot! I'd be damn proud if I got that yield with an hps.

HB thanks for the info and for spreading your cut around. The guy I got it from didn't know anything about it at all. He said it was sorta hazey and I remember thinking he must mean menthol. I remember the cb x db f2 I made a while back had a couple phenos that had some menthol terps in there. Hopefully I do her justice.

DF hell yeah man I'd be down to run some stank bros blueberry again! This time I'll be sure to make a bunch of f2's for the fridge or to share. Preserving and backing up my favorite lines is a lot more important to me now than it was back when I ran those, after having lost so many great genetics over the years.

And I've got plenty of space now too. Aside from my little closet grow, I have 2 shared gardens I'm in charge of running. The 2nd one just opened up today. If anyone remembers the power outage saga and security scare from a couple years back... Well, now that the state has gone rec my friends are down to start up again! Gonna be running another 4x8 tent with 2 600's.
:dance013:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ya what im calling menthol reminded me dead on of my 14 week cbdb f2 keeper. it was present in all the OGx x gromdigi we grew too. real staining terpene.

i used a fellow grower's grinder to break up a nug of GBG for a joint at an event last year and he told me a week later it was still all he could smell in there despite the quarter+ of well grown gg4 he'd ground up since :smoke:

the OGx cross was also awesome, dead teeth on top of the menthol. huge rock hard nugs you could clobber someone with. woulda crushed yeild wise but i never got to run her a second time due to a cloning snafu.

besides the three frank mentioned, there was also a ukchem x gromdigi cross g_f made using the snowman male. dont know much about that one but im pretty convinced this male was a bonafide stud from my experience w the first two packs.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The GROM x Digi Bx1 male being discussed:

picture.php

picture.php

It still makes me laugh. When Phillthy said he was going to use my Digi Bx1 male to dust GROM, I told him, "eh...don't see it being a good pairing". It was something I would have never done. It just wasn't something I saw potential in. Glad he ignored me and did it anyway. Those plants came out great!!!

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
I'm so happy people are liking what the Snowman made. I'm still super upset I lost him due to a flood. He was super frosty and took a beating. I once left a cut in a beer cup for 8 months or so to see what it would take. Strong as a bull that boy was.

DF tried all females and you know gives the best smoke reports. I believe he has the smoke reports in the Stank Bros forums in the charity thread.

I hit him with the very strong female gromxdigi DF tried to create a nice Ix line.
Also hit him with
GG4
UK Chem
OGx which is (ogxcd)x(ogxsd) made by Ganja Rebel.
SSSDH

The male is really great because he let the female shine while giving it a little something extra in the high as well as crazy frost.

I'll be following along scrappy and can't wait to see how she looks with your grow skills!

Looking forward to popping more once I get back to growing

Latest posts

Latest posts