What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damaged plants from Broad ,cyclamen,Russet Mites

I guess go organic and if it doesn't work, you can get some cheap Avid off of ebay (small amount) and it will def. work, but being in flower and all, that's tough. Maybe that OG BioWar stuff?

Avid would be all bad at this point in the season. I am hoping this stuff works. It's just spotted them this week so I should have a chance.

merkaba

I think the stuff you are using plus some predators would do the trick. I have def. found when using predators that it's best to use waaaaaaaaaaaay more than they suggest. Best of luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

SmellyFlorist

Watsup cabron....:tiphat: just wanted to say a big thank you for creating this thread... your pictures have helped my realise iv been battling these hardy basterds for bout 5 months:tumbleweed:... cudnt quite put my finger on it... almost also ditch my mums, luckily I didt, but I was stressing thats for sure, lost a whole set of clones so flower room stands still now:cry: but iv finally found the root of the problem:woohoo: and its thanks to you and your pics... the say a thousands words pics do...:bow:

zuni

Watsup cabron....:tiphat: just wanted to say a big thank you for creating this thread... your pictures have helped my realise iv been battling these hardy basterds for bout 5 months:tumbleweed:... cudnt quite put my finger on it... almost also ditch my mums, luckily I didt, but I was stressing thats for sure, lost a whole set of clones so flower room stands still now:cry: but iv finally found the root of the problem:woohoo: and its thanks to you and your pics... the say a thousands words pics do...:bow:

me too thanks a lot Carbon!!! please make some contributiuons to our Broad Mite Spider Mite IPM

I got a question. I had a little battle with them but win. I am
An organic farmer that rebuild his soil. Is there a way I can reuse my soil with out worry that they will come back.

merkaba

So you did take care of them in the end? I don't see why you couldn't reuse your soil, esp. if you are in an area that gets a few killing frosts. But I suppose looking at their life cycle, ability to go into stasis etc. would be prudent.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Did you notice a decline in quality and health to the broad mite damaged plants? I lost my killer sativa to BMs--she was high TCH/CBD and a good yielder until the BM attack. After the attack, she became a fussy pussy with diminished yield; had to let her go.

Did you notice a decline in quality and health to the broad mite damaged plants? I lost my killer sativa to BMs--she was high TCH/CBD and a good yielder until the BM attack. After the attack, she became a fussy pussy with diminished yield; had to let her go.

Yeah it hit my yields on a couple of them. They suck the life out of the plants.
That mycontrol spray that I posted above worked but it ain't cheap.
I think I will use it as a preventative spray next year.
I think they came from a pine tree in my neighbors yard.
These things are a nightmare.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Yeah, it has been my understanding (talking to other growers and hydro store owners) that BMs devastate the plants atrociously! I was not alone in kissing goodbye to "one of a kind" genetics. Had I known before I started what the consequences would have been, I would have approached my infestation with a different strategy: cull, clean, restock & IPM.

Rakosnicek

Veteran
hi, what do you think about these? they're on 34.day 12/12, but 'buds' are pretty retarded... all problems started when plants showed first pistils - they were dead, very small and had dark colour

i've very problematic round now... spider mites and some problems with leaves, probably caused by ph, but i know these problems well and i didn't seen this before...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RetroGrow

Veteran
Most likely broad/cyclamen mites. You have to scope them on the undersides of leaves with a 100X scope to look for eggs. Aspirin in the rez would have helped, but at this point, the damage is done, and probably can't be fixed.

the gnome

Veteran
Yeah it hit my yields on a couple of them. They suck the life out of the plants.
That mycontrol spray that I posted above worked but it ain't cheap.
I think I will use it as a preventative spray next year.
I think they came from a pine tree in my neighbors yard.
These things are a nightmare.

my 1st and only BM infestation(lasted 2yrs) hit me in nov 2010
sept-oct 2010 I has white fly prob that i dealt with using Volck oil.
white flies are a known vector for these vermin.
i didn't even know what i was dealing with for 1-1/2yrs.
I lost countless crops and $$investment.
I lost hard earned hard to aquire keepers.
killing them on the plants(veg) is the easy part ime.
if your in flower it's a diff. story.
when i found out It was BMs i was dealing with they were DOA as soon as my avid/forbid arrived
BUT
they kept coming back for over 6months.
until i shut everything down and went nuclear in the grow room
have i been completely BM free.
I sprayed the walls with forbid4ft up.
drenched the cracks and crevasses in the base boards,i
bombed the room with Pylon TR and the gas type bug bombs.
did the heat treatment for 4-5 hrs at a time.
there was carpet under the plastic so I sprayed iso alcohol and put the plastic back down tite
so the fumes killed any live bugs.
I did this for 2wks
i can say Ive been BM free 2yrs this coming march.

you have to be progressive with these things.
keep your scope handy and use it often,
especially if you have a white fly prob
1broadmite_new.jpg