What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

GastroGrower

It looks like you're getting decent tric coverage, so I think the lack of swelling may be due to an environmental issue (ie. your lights, humidity, temp, etc).

Sounds a lot like the pheno I have. Really powerful smell even with underdeveloped or small buds. I've got a clone of it rooted in coco now and it's gonna start vegging out for run #2.

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDh Clones

SSSDh Clones

So first up we have A clone from #1 Bushy Girl.. Not to sure why shes flowering like this. She looks better then the same clones that are flowering indoors at my place..But this outside clone looks like shes going to have really airy buds.. She has airy buds to begin with but the inside clones are still ALOT firmer but not even close to being as frosty as this outside girl. IF I remember right, she has about 4 weeks left?

#1 Bushy Girl Clone

#2 Tall&Lanky Gir Clone #1

#2 Tall&Lanky Girl Clone #2

Close Up

I know it doesnt look to good, but atleast the flowers look and smell really good on these clones lol.. They actually ALL smell like some Dank Fire, and the calyx are covered in trichomes.. BUT they dont look as nice as the outdoor clones, and they dont have alot of sugar trim like there sisters outdoors...

Dakine

Veteran
The clones outside at A friends house got A feed of Dyna-Grow instead of the bloom that ive been using during flower the entire time. After adding Bloom,Great Whhite, and BSM to the water, it measured 600ppm.. Some of the lowest leaves turned completely yellow though, some died off. Im getting the same issue with the clones I have flowering in the tent..

I've also placed 2 decent sized containers filled with just plain water in the tent.. Hopefully that will help with how dry it feels in there.. Hopefully it makes for A better enviroment for the plants to grow some real flowers? Haha wishful thinking huh.

I noticed that all the lower budsites, not the main tops on the 2 clones of #2 Tall&Lanky Momma have cool calyx structure/formation.. All the calyx are growing outwards and layering perfectly on top each other, making them super firm.. Even the VERY tops of those lower budsites have the calyx growingn outwards lol. I'll take some pics of what im talking about next time, I forgot cause I was in A rush..

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
once i had a chronic mom, first run from seed was very loose buds, each run of clones off the cloned mom got tighter over 3-4 runs and unded up having tight and dense if not somewhat light buds

Dakine

Veteran
Whats up Nameless! Thats exactly what I feel is going on with my clones from 2 different plants right now.. Theyre getting denser and stickier/frostier each run!

FYI- My phone recently broke you guys. Screen is completely black. Im waiting for the replacement to come into the mail. I took these pics and uploaded them to my computer before that happened though!

Clones from #2 Tall&Lanky Momma

Dankwolf

So first up we have A clone from #1 Bushy Girl.. Not to sure why shes flowering like this. She looks better then the same clones that are flowering indoors at my place..But this outside clone looks like shes going to have really airy buds.. She has airy buds to begin with but the inside clones are still ALOT firmer but not even close to being as frosty as this outside girl. IF I remember right, she has about 4 weeks left?

#1 Bushy Girl Clone

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1533.jpg]View Image[/URL]

#2 Tall&Lanky Gir Clone #1

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1534.jpg]View Image[/URL]

#2 Tall&Lanky Girl Clone #2

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1535.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Close Up

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1536.jpg]View Image[/URL]

I know it doesnt look to good, but atleast the flowers look and smell really good on these clones lol.. They actually ALL smell like some Dank Fire, and the calyx are covered in trichomes.. BUT they dont look as nice as the outdoor clones, and they dont have alot of sugar trim like there sisters outdoors...

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1540.jpg]View Image[/URL]

When running sativas inside use 11 on 13 off light schedule. They will frost up better and yeiled higher quailty nugs.usually two weeks faster then 12 on 12 off

Last edited:

Dankwolf

I watched kush's yields doulbe from the right hours of light and i seen dam near wiled satives yield worth saleable buds under the right hours .

Ya i cant spell for shit .....

TnTLabs

to loose even more cred, i have never flowered a pure sativa...
sativas have never interested me that much...
so ye some sativas wont flower with 13hrs..
but 11hrs will yield less, but flower quicker...
best times are either 11.5/12.5 or 12.5/11.5 for hybrids.. depending on sativa or indica dom.. thats from my experience anyway

TnTLabs

cause i said...
you stoned bro? :comfort:
indicas - 11 h
sativas - 13 h

i have played with many different cycles for a while, 18hr day, martian moon, theres a few... but never with pure sativas like i said..
BUT i had no problems what so ever flowering mosty sativa hybrids under 12.5 or 13 hrs, like i say yield was better.. might have taken a few days longer but overall plants were happier and flowered better i had the feeling
if you veg under 18/6 or 20/4 then switch to 13/11 and induce flowering properly, im positive you will get any Sativa to flower... without it revegging

Dakine

Veteran
Looks like the tent is coming down early lol.. Im going to let it go till the 14th, just so it reaches 8weeks. I wanted to let it go for 9 1/2-10 weeks, but I have A problem...

Theres White Flies I think.. For somne reason theyve only invaded 1 of the SSSDH clones in the tent.. If I shake the plant I can see them flying around. Also when I look closely on the buds/flowers I can see them crawling away..

IF any of you guy know A way to stop them, please let me know. Im just so late into flower already its crazy.. The sooner I take the tent down, the sooner I can clean it. But once I clean it im going to let it sit for A few days with nothing inside.

The pistils are almost still all white on all the clones.. Atleast If I take it down now, it actually wont be that early.. But it seems early for this strain.. Ahh wht to do? I want to get rid of them so I know how to do it.. But I dont want to ruin this small harvest..

TnTLabs

spinosad should do the trick,
i wouldnt use neem this far into flower and spinosad will disperse in 3-4 days max.
BTI in mosquito dunks will also not harm your buds, but dont know if the would work on wf..

Dankwolf

Spinosad in my experience does not do well if you use hps lighting. It had a reaction or at least appered that way in my garden. Also if you use spinosad try to keep it off your skin it made my bare skin feel like lots of mini needls poking me when exposed to light .Only killed the flyers and not the eggs last time I used spinosad.

Neem oil worked on flyers just as well my last run in with site flys. also I had been over watering (happens to the best of us). I cut back my watering so the top1 1/2 to 2 inches of soil could dry out to help prevent reproduction rate.

Plants breath on bottom side of leafs so go easy on spraying underside of plants . sprays work best at lights out .

Not trying to undermine any one or there intelligence but thought I would share a little info .

Plants are looking good dakine. Vary impressed on your capacity/ability to turn your garden around like you have . wish I was always able to turn my mistakes/fuck ups around . any way nice work

Dakine

Veteran
Ill look up both of those kinds of products..

Dank, ive read that any type of foliar spray is supposed to be sprayed when lights are on. But it has to be cool and with good dair flow/circulation.

The Stomata on and under the leaves close when its night time. So imo A spray is pointless during lights off because its not going to be absorbed.. The stomata are sucking in co2 and other good stuff, while letting out oxygen.. Tempature,humidty, and co2 levels all effect how big the stomata open up..

Ahhhh do you guys think 8 1/2 weeks is long enough? I dont want the problem to get worst. I also want enough time to fully disinfect the tent&room, so its ready when I need to throw the TnT Strains into flower...

Dankwolf

Ill look up both of those kinds of products..

Dank, ive read that any type of foliar spray is supposed to be sprayed when lights are on. But it has to be cool and with good dair flow/circulation.

The Stomata on and under the leaves close when its night time. So imo A spray is pointless during lights off because its not going to be absorbed.. The stomata are sucking in co2 and other good stuff, while letting out oxygen.. Tempature,humidty, and co2 levels all effect how big the stomata open up..

Sistimic vs contact
Done wrong all you will get is toxicity enough said. Good luck and I understand I learn the hard way too.

Latest posts

Latest posts