What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

TnTLabs

Lol, I noticed in one of the pictures I took how small these plants really are. I usually have all of them raised up on something so there not so far away like in the pic im gonna show you guys..

The Big SSSDH #1 Bushy Girl doesnt seem to be greening back up/stabilizing... I Upped her feed but shes still yellowing up. I checked the trichomes to see if I'd be able to time her fading with harvest.. Im not to sure about that haha! The Trichomes have only started to show A couple milky heads..

Heres A close up of A branch on each clone..

#1 Bushy Girl Clone- She has Major Nitrogen Toxicity..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1431.jpg]View Image[/URL]

#2 Tall&Sturdy Clone

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1437.jpg]View Image[/URL]

#1 Bushy Girl-SSSDH s1, Supposedly has 2 weeks left

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1435.jpg]View Image[/URL]

I didnt check the tent and tie her up in time. Now she has gaps since the flowers where growing towards the wrong direction lol

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1436.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Look at how small the clones really look when I dont have them raised up closer to the light!! WDF am I doing.. Im just waisting space and electricity and money...

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1438.jpg]View Image[/URL]

the good thing is bro you are seeing the issues yourself...
yes, fill that space up, veg properly in the right size pots and keep the light close so they dont stretch... no food for the first 2-3 weeks, then start slowly feeding half strength etc... read the leaves...
you are going to get the hang real soon...
:dance013:

Dakine

Veteran
Hahaha thanks bro, thats very true though. If you look at how this thread started to what it is now, you can see A big difference. Even though im not where I would like to be, basically in my growing knowledge and growing practice.. Im still happy I was able to learn what I have been and use it during these practice runs. BUT theres still A LOOONG way to go...

I thought these clones in the tent would have stretched alot more. Theyre only in 1-gallon smaller pots then the big SSSDHs girls. But they also have A smaller Root System.. I guess its the 1-month shorter veg lol.

Oh well, these clones had to go into flower in order to make room for your strains bro! Atleast they didnt go to waste and in the trash.. I try not to throw away or kill any plants if possible. IF I really didnt have the room I would just throw A runt or Slowest growing plant outside and let it do its thing.

Man the clones outside look way better then the clones flowering inside. The ones outside are even A lighter green, and there ALOT frostier. You think light strength really makes that much of A difference in the quality of A plant and not just makes it slower growing, or smaller overall

TnTLabs

Hahaha thanks bro, thats very true though. If you look at how this thread started to what it is now, you can see A big difference. Even though im not where I would like to be, basically in my growing knowledge and growing practice.. Im still happy I was able to learn what I have been and use it during these practice runs. BUT theres still A LOOONG way to go...

I thought these clones in the tent would have stretched alot more. Theyre only in 1-gallon smaller pots then the big SSSDHs girls. But they also have A smaller Root System.. I guess its the 1-month shorter veg lol.

Oh well, these clones had to go into flower in order to make room for your strains bro! Atleast they didnt go to waste and in the trash.. I try not to throw away or kill any plants if possible. IF I really didnt have the room I would just throw A runt or Slowest growing plant outside and let it do its thing.

Man the clones outside look way better then the clones flowering inside. The ones outside are even A lighter green, and there ALOT frostier. You think light strength really makes that much of A difference in the quality of A plant and not just makes it slower growing, or smaller overall

yes bro, all about the light... light is the energy they need to do photosynthesis.. the more light.. the more growth etc etc..
on wards and up wards bro..
:tiphat:

rockymountainJ

If you go through my albums youll see the difference i get outdoors and in...
Indoors smaller rock hard buds...
Outdoor shows a plants natural expression, we can never match the environment light ect as outdoors...
We sure can try though!!
Keep up the good work!
Rmj:tiphat:

justiceman

Veteran
The Grow is giving me things to do, and making me think. Its pretty awesome..

:dance013:As our plants grow so do we! Those colas are coming along on the SSSDH. Very nice. How long have they been in flower? Sometimes strains start yellowing out naturally, or she's in an area with more intense light so her nutrient requirements are higher. Either way it's fire!

Brotha there is a HUGE difference when light intensity changes even indoors and especially outdoors. They get all the fresh air they need outdoors, full spectrum sunlight, temperature changes are different, nutrient requirements shift, etc. It's really hard to replicate good outdoor conditions.

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH s1 Clones of #2Tall&Sturdy Girl

SSSDH s1 Clones of #2Tall&Sturdy Girl

Hey guys, these are the ones my friend has flowering outside for me. Im still very suprised at the difference between the plants as a whole are to the very same cuts flowering inside.

The calyx structure is now completely the opposite of what I saw in the mothers. The smells are stronger, and more floral in a way. Leaves are much greener and happier.

Today I watered them with Black Strap Molasses and some Raw-Potassium.

SSSDH s1 #2 Tall$Sturdy Girls Clones

Clone #1

Clone #1-Close Up

Clone #2

Clone#2-Close up

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH s1 #1 Bushy Girl Clone

These are the clones from the #1 Bushy Girl mom. These clones are the opposite of what I thought the mom was. Instead of being Bushy, they are kinda lanky. The buds on them and the mom are more Airy compared to her sister #2 Tall&Sturdy Girl.

Clone #1 Close up

So now I want to show you guys the difference in how the bud sites look. First shot is of A bud site on the #1 Bushy Girl and the second shot is of the #2 Tall&Sturdy Clone. I prefer the #2 Tall&Sturdy Clones to be honest. The #1Bushy Girl clones are A little Frostier but are A little Airier..

Budsite from #1 Bushy Girl Clone

Budsite from #2 Tall&Sturdy Girl Clone

Dakine

Veteran
So I know its really hard to see in the pictures below, but I want to know if you guys see what Im also seeing. Some Trichome heads are still clear, some are milky, and I see 1-2 Amber ones in those pictures..

I know there horrible pics, but it was taken with A broken Iphone 5 and A cheap Loop. So just work with me on this one.

EDIT- So I was at my friends house today chillin. So much more of A plants potential comes out when there flowering outdoors. I didnt think the 2 phenos where so different from each other lol. The #2 Tall&Sturdy Girl is looking like she is going to have some ROCK HARD nugs. She also has A more Lemony/Sour Smell to her. The #1 Bushy Girl looks like she would have huge Colas, but not as dense and the calyx formation has more space between each calyx. She also has A Fruity/Sweet Aftertone that her Sister doesnt have A trace of at all!

Ill try to get A couple pictures up.. There both really unique and DANK enough to keep, BUT if I had to chose just 1 to keep. I would probably keep #2 Tall&Sturdy Girl in my Garden.

Im just super shocked. Both of these girls are TOTALLY different then the first super small SSSDH s1 I flowered outside to see if this strain was worth even trying to grow out. ALL there smells are almost the same as each other.

Its pretty cool though.. I couldnt even see these differences with the 2nd run im currently flowering inside. Theres A slight noticeable difference between the clones, but nothing like the clones that are flowering outside.

ALSO for some reason im having an issue with one of the clones that is flowering in the tent. She was put into flower on 12/4/16. For some reason theres certain colas/Bud sites on specific branches that seem like there maturing on A totally different schedule then the other branches on the same plant. I only say that because every bud site on these branches have all there pistils already changing to orange. While the other normal branches still have ALL white Pistils.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Idk I inspected every single plant in the flowering tent today. There are 0 nanners or even pre sacks. The plant thats having the issue with the pistils is right in front of the fan thats always on its lowest setting while oscillating. I wonder if thats stressing her out?

I've had a seeded plant A couple times.. The thing thats throwing me off this time, is that the pistils are maturing to orange. But its like they dissapear, theres no pistils on the ground or anything. Makes me think that somethings eating those specific branches that are having this problem.

Gastro, I didnt think these clones ever looked that bad lol.. The ones outside had very minimal damage from the over feeding, and weak light.. Maybe your thinking about the SSSDH clones flowering inside? Cause they still look horrible without A doubt lol.

I'll try to get some new pics of the clones flowering outside, but thats if I stop by at my homeboys place. So do the trichomes look as mature as I think they are?

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH s1 Clone- #1 Bushy Girl

SSSDH s1 Clone- #1 Bushy Girl

So I had some time to stop by my boys house to take some pics.. I was fricken shocked at how much they are starting to fill in compared to the last update.

So Bushy Girl Clone needs to be tied up/supported for sure... I want to try and have the colas straight up and not slanted for the rest of the grow. Im tired of those bud sites that will stray away to reach for the direction of the sun.. I want A fricken Colas with no gaps inbetween!

So as days go by, the smells coming from her are getting more pronounced and LOUD.. BUT im also starting to truly see how different of A pheno she is compared to her sister #2 Tall&Sturdy..
She of course has that Sour Pine,Lemony, and Slight Sour Fruit Smell that all the plants apparently have. BUT she is starting to have A VERY Soft Sweet Fruit AfterTone that I dont smell even from her mom. Its actually kinda delicious smelling! Intense Sour Pine smell that reeks at first. Then A sweet Fruit smell that lightens the intense sour pine in the beginning.

I did not think she was going to grow this way,Structure wise. Even her Calyx Formation/Structure is different from the first run. She has small calyx that arent really close together/tight.. So even if the bud sites grew out and filled in, she would still be airy and not dense. Oh and she is A much frostier bitch then the momma we cut her off from...

SSSDH s1 Clone- #1 Bushy Girl, Shes been flowering for almost 1 1/2 months.

Close Up

Would you guys usually cut those bud sites off that you can see on the left branch? Would you cut any off the right side branch?

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH s1 Clone-#2 Tall&Sturdy Girl 1 out of 2

SSSDH s1 Clone-#2 Tall&Sturdy Girl 1 out of 2

Hey everyone Im kinda out of time, so ill just post the pics up and ill make A detailed description/Update Later.

I love this girl now, didnt like her at first run.. Love the way shes flowering.. She looks like shes gonna have solid dense nugs, which is good lol.. The mom we took her from actually has pretty good calyx structure for her first run.

Her smell is some good good.. She of course has that Sour Pine,Sour Fruit, slight citrus fuel smell.. BUT being otuside and being able to grow to A little more of her potential is changing some things.. In a positive way though.. But right when you either smell her or go to smell her, you get this deep coffee like smell, then the sour pine and other good stuff come in...

Haha I tried to make her have even branches in the beginning.. Atlesat most of them are, theres just A few stragglers at the bottom..

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH s1 Clone-#2 Tall&Sturdy Girl 2 out of 2

SSSDH s1 Clone-#2 Tall&Sturdy Girl 2 out of 2

Here is the 2nd cut we took from Momma Tall&Sturdy.. More description later haha..

SSSDH s1 Clone #2

Close Up

So if you look at the 2 rear branches, you can see the big gap between internodes. Thats basically when they went into flower. But I was wondering if you guys would usually get rid of all the bud sites below that gap?

So check out these 2 Super small Bud Sites I took off in the 2nd-3rd? week of flower. I stuck them into the rosemary pot right beside them.. I took them out today and those super small branches seriously have roots coming out.. There the smallest roots ive ever seen to haha..

Dakine

Veteran
So the girls vegging inside look better/is getting better. The plants&clones flowering in the tent don't look to good to be honest. But they aren't getting worst, I just gotta figure out how to counteract the effects of the nitrogen toxicity...

So the girls outside are doing better from multiple changes in my opinion.. Optimum Lighting,fresh air,more space,Lime,Gypsum,and possibly even the Oyster Shells if that's starting to take effect..

Right now I have 2 small clones that aren't looking there best.. But I'm going to be giving them only A dose of Gypsum Or Lime. I want to see how each plant will react to getting one or the other..

BUT I am going to mix up A little gypsum and lime and give another dose/light dose to the girls that have been flowering outside, and I will lightly mix it into the top 1-2inches of soil and put another paper sized layer of fresh soil.. The first dose didn't seem to have any negative effects at all, so I'm thinking another light dose can only help.. Hopefully another month and A half will be enough time for the gypsum and Lime to start breaking down..

Dakine

Veteran
Dried Shots

Dried Shots

Hey you guys, I realized that I didnt take any pictures of the Not So Grade A Buds from the girls I had outside. I also cut/trimmed 2 super small branches off the lowest part of the SSSDH #1 Bushy Girl about 2 weeks ago.

First On The Left Is SSSDH-#1 Bushy Girl Larf,Middle-SSSDH Super Small Girl(Outside),Far Right-Skywalker

It amazes me that the calyx from the Super Small Girl I had Outside are about 15x Bigger then the Calyx from the SSSDH Girl Flowering inside. She is about 20x Smaller of A plant then #1 Bushy Girl thats flowering inside...

TnTLabs

Hey you guys, I realized that I didnt take any pictures of the Not So Grade A Buds from the girls I had outside. I also cut/trimmed 2 super small branches off the lowest part of the SSSDH #1 Bushy Girl about 2 weeks ago.

First On The Left Is SSSDH-#1 Bushy Girl Larf,Middle-SSSDH Super Small Girl(Outside),Far Right-Skywalker

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1492.jpg]View Image[/URL]

It amazes me that the calyx from the Super Small Girl I had Outside are about 15x Bigger then the Calyx from the SSSDH Girl Flowering inside. She is about 20x Smaller of A plant then #1 Bushy Girl thats flowering inside...
hey bro,
how is humidity inside the tent been like? the bud on the left looks like the calyx never swollen.. due to being too hot & dry?
outside looks more normal.. skywalker looks the best...
they all still look immature though...

Dakine

Veteran
Mature or Immature Trichomes.

Mature or Immature Trichomes.

Hey Bro, So during the first 1 1/2 months the inside of the flowering tent was SUPER Hot and Dry. Its chilled out ALOT these past 2 weeks though. Its been much colder and the cool air is being pulled in since I have negative pressure now.

The skywalker was pulled way to early. Mainly due to A stoppage in growth, and bugs started to attack.. The Indoor SSSDH nugs on the left where just Larf that I took off A couple weeks ago from #1 Bushy Girl thats still flowering.. Her Calyx are so small its crazy.. The middle SSSDH from Outside was taken on time, vbut was also being attacked but I was able to keep the pest down with some foliar sprays..

These pics below are from different branches on the SSSDH s1 #1 Bushy Girl that I have flowering in the tent. She is already on her 9th week of flower. But I think she is very immature for her age. I looked at the calyxes on her clones indoor and outdoor.. They also have very small calyx compared to the clones from #2 Tall&Lanky girl. So im not to sure if its from enviroment and/or genetics.

Looks like I need to let #1 Bushy Girl flower for another 1-2weeks If I can keep her alive till then. I kinda dont want to feed her though. This is pretty frustrating lol. I need to keep her alive and in order to do that I prob need to feed her..

\

Dakine

Veteran
Larf/Lower Bud Sites

Larf/Lower Bud Sites

Hey you guys!

So in about A week or so, Im going to chop the SSSDH #1 Bushy Girl and also #2 Tall&Lanky thats flowering at my buddies house.. I told him to chop the lowest/smallest budsite earlier today. Its so I could compare how different the phenos are since the clones are better and have many differences.

The one on the left is #2 Tall&Lanky Popcorn Bud. She is alot Denser,Bigger Calyx,Lighter Smell, A Bit Dry?..

The one on the Right is #1 Bushy Girl Popcorn Bud. Her bud is alot Airier,Darker,Alot Sticker&Moist?, she has A very strong Citrus Piney Fuel Smell.

Suprisingly they both have A very similiar smell, almsot exactly the same. With the #2 Tall&Lanky Momma having A much softer/lighter smell. The clones of both of them smell like its EVERYBODIES business lol. They also have Very noticeable differences in smells.

Here are some bad Trichome Shots

#1 Bushy Girl Bad Trichome Shot on Popcorn Bud

#2 Tall&Lanky Girl Bad Trichome Shot on Popcorn Bud

I took the Worst looking branch off the #1 Bushy Girl Today. Wanted to see how this area I picked out, was for drying this run in.. Every other spot I picked literally dried the nugs I picked early in 1 full day...

Shoulda took the pic with the flash off.. I would think the Airyness would be mostly grower error and partially genetics.. But why do her clones still have Lighter/Airy Calyx Formation, but feel ALOT firmer/denser?