What's new

Daft DWC

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I'll tell you a secret, I used CO2 lol! Not really but I did give the closet a 15 second shot 2x a day and sealed it for two hours each time with a blow torch.

Deft

Veteran
I found another jar I forgot I stuck some of the first dried buds into, I weighed them separate and its exactly an ounce, so preliminary total is 6.5. I'll monitor how much I smoke and do another weigh in when its all mellowed out and equalized at 40% RH for maybe a week.

SkunkyDemon

Wow DEFT sweet now you have the next gen to play with. Not a bad yeld at all and beans to boot! Exelant show!
Whens the thread going to start on the new beans LOL

Deft

Veteran
I may do a grow diary, or I may do an outdoor thread.

I see now why verite named it holy grail. It seems to be very good all round, good smell but not too much, vigorous as hell, stony yet very high at first and very nice all round smoke wise, flavorful piny/fruity smoke, good yield. Very good practically and aesthetically.

I finally filled my big 300ct cigar humidor fully and there is a little that did not even fit.

picture.php

Seed, more still on plant because I am lazy.

picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hellyeah. Well more than my 111 gram guess, but that was early on....18 gallon tub produced well for you bro, glad you tried the DeepWater out. Congrats on finishing up an awesome thread.

KUSHEATER1

Sorry for so many pics but I love dwc I just played in soil a little but getting ready to run some sour d,707 headband and chemdawg4 in my tubs hey great job keep up the great work not trying to hijack your thread peace...:joint:

KUSHEATER1

that Katsu bubba kush was a great plant I really hate that I lost her in the move she would give me a qp of bubba kush with 1 month veg and this was under a 250 watt hps in a 5 gallon bucket and a 10.00 air pump rocks out of the back yard old pot I had laying around DWC can't be beat... but the dirt was fun too...

Deft

Veteran
The seeded bud still on the plant got taken off today, the plant is doomed at this point so I will dispose of the remainder tomorrow.

I still need to figure out what to do with all this semi sugared leaf.

Anyways here is the seeded bud, not counted in the weigh in.

picture.php

Here is the ribbonstem. Very little bud and its a little seeded. It did not get much light and was the shortest main stalk. The tri was not seeded so its dry, and had some of the plumpest heaviest buds.

picture.php

When I open my treasure chest it stinks. :canabis:

Deft

Veteran
The stem on the ribbonstem was completely hollow like one big straw. I might have to make a gigantic root beer float :bigeye:.

Standaman

One word WOW!!
I have read this whole thread all evening and i'm so itching to start my grow.
I really have confidence running a one pot grow after reading this,i'm just worried about the height factor, saying that i could look at mainly indica strains and a shorter veg.
Truly though mate when i saw "daft dwc" i thought what the f**K?
But it is daft!! A good daft though and a bag o' seeds and bud too!!!
Salute to you Mr Deft hope you do another one!!

F

fully baked

Killer job deft. Any input on the density of your nugglets??

My buds were very airy and I'm trying to determine if its a characteristic of the strain or my tiny CFLs...

Just got my HG harvest shots up too...

Deft

Veteran
It is quite airy in structure, having said that the resin on the little bud leaves and flowers is thick and weighty, it gives the airy bud some real weight, big trichs and fairly long. I could have done better with the airyness if I didn't have such a huge plant and if I had known exactly when to back off the nutes it think it would have been denser and better quality smoke but its still good.

I smoked out a friend and she liked it, she said she thought it smelled like citrus a little, I think so to now but there is more too the smell than just citrus.

Standaman: one plant under 250w is doable with good yield in DWC, if I did it again I'd scrog but I plan to run two plants with very little veg. For the one plant in a bucket its good I did a little longer veg but I did it too long and the plant took way too long going into flower so that inflated the veg too.

I'll get a pic of the root mass (though now dead) and the main stalk some time.

Standaman

What about a 400w? Thats what i plan to do a single plant in dwc
You may fall off your chair at this point but i have to ask- Lets say i wanted to run 2 plants out of one pot(like you did til that male showed up)
to stop the roots of the 2 plants growing into each other do you think you could put a stocking around the bottom of the pots so that the rootballs grow into them as a form of barrier? Or would it stop the nutes hitting the rootballs correctly?
Maybe a silly idea but i thought i would ask.
Thanks

Deft

Veteran
400w, I'm guessing you want to run maybe 4 plants? You should go ask in the 400w thread since I have never used one. A 400w Would be my choice for lamp though for personal use
I just wanted to use my closet since it was free space, but 250 will keep me set for a year with 2 grows I think.

To stop the roots from growing together, I wouldent use stockings, I think the roots need to extend out and not be balled up. Maybe inserting a plastic divider in the tub with a few holes on either side for exchange of water. I never worried about it even with the two plants. Once the female got big I could not remove the top of the Rubbermaid anyways!

Standaman

Well not really as its only for me so maybe 2 pots max for now anyways
My planned space is only 32w x 22d x66h not really much bigger than some wardrobes

Ah! Well i thought about the divider as i have a fair amount of perspex just doing nothin
good call on drilling some holes why didn't i think that one through!? lol
So how would you keep an eye on your roots then or by then is it irrelevant?

Deft

Veteran
Your spaces is even smaller than mine square foot wise! And I have 8' of height to play with!

That's like over 80w/sf! I say get a 250w if its just you and your doing hydro. With a 400w I could just about yield a years supply in one run, that's one reason I like them.

When both plants were in there I could lift the lid, once the male showed and I took him out I just ended up peeking in the hole he came out of lol. Next time I will do two plants and much shorter. I'll probably add 4 42w bulbs also, I probably won't even do the divider, I don't mind roots growing together and it may not even be a problem, I don't know.

Standaman

Deft- I know i have been thinking it over and 400w is too much for my space and i know already it will be a bitch to vent!
It's just cos i've got the light already it's taking over my mind to grow with a 400w

What about 2x 250w Cfl's? i'm thinkin lower heat? Or should i consider maybe a bud box due to my space issues?
Yeah if the roots tangle and it don't case any problems, it can't be all bad!?
Can it? lol
Well sayin that about shorter veg times, i read earlier someone starting flower at 9" high!?
How many weeks is that roughly? It seems young!

Deft, holy shit dude, you went way over my guess.:woohoo:

As for the how to extract some goodness from trim and seeded bud, I would seriously consider making ISO oil out of it. It's simple and doesn't take too long.

When done properly it comes out like hard candy. Here's a great tutorial in the hash forum. It is actually in the middle of the thread because the author bugged out at one time and then came back:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1015725#post1015725

-dTv

Whats up my friend from long ago...............how its going.....stupid question I have already seen how it is going...........very nicely............good job good job good job....

Sorry I havent checked in for a while but Ive been watching my rubbermaid container blow up and thinking of you man.........

Super nice buds (and you got seeds!!!!!) I cant give enough praise..............

I havent been on icmag for a while and it cool to see the fruition of what you started........

Just an update my two girls are about 3 weeks into flower ( I grew them out to about 4 ft tall) they are now a little short of 5ft.........now Im having problems cuz I grew them to large for the amount of hydroton in the 4 inch pots so they are falling over like crazy.....

Anyways enough about me..................super nice job brotha.....................

Grow Smart.................