What's new

Daft DWC

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
40 seed collected so far, more and more cloudy trichs. I cut some trim and made iso hash today and a little scissor hash. The super green color is still in the leaves and budleaves, only a few leaves have started to yellow up from lack of nutes so it still has some big stores of building block materials.

It's getting heavier and heavier every day, I'll probably chop in 4-7 days.

Deft

Veteran
Going in I expected to finish this week from what verite said and I think that would be the case if I had not extended stretch via light leaks. I must have posted somewhere in this thread the day I switched. I think its been about 65 days but I'd have to go find the date I switched.

Deft

Veteran
Seeds collected so far, still many more to collect but I wait till they are ready so a few every day. A little bit of hash also, scisor and iso.

picture.php

Overall shot at lights on, no flash but more of the buds show than the last few pics, the plant is so tall I cant get all the buds in one shot so you never see the seeded buds much in my pics.

picture.php

Some amber showing up, will chop in probably 3-5 days.

A

arcticsun

3-5 days, damn man if i go now ill be there in 2 hehe.

wtg mate, looking ace

Deft

Veteran
Its right where I want it, chopping tomorrow after a long dark period .

Deft

Veteran
All done.. Well, I left the mostly seeded bud on the plant. The larger tops are hanging and the mostly unseeded popcorn is in a paper bag.

I clipped the fans but left a lot of budleaves on since they will be good smoke too. I want to get an okeef now lol!

I have pics, will post later.

F

fully baked

Congrats deft, thinking I might be doing the deed in the next few days as well!

Your toys are just a little bigger than mine :yoinks:

Deft

Veteran
The Chop

The Chop

So its done, but the bottom of the plant is still alive for future use outside maybe or another run I dunno.

When I said it didn't smell earlier, that has changed in the last few days especially, and today when I cut her up I had my tiny ionizer going full blast. It smells great and I can't wait to see how it changes in jars.

Pics. There is still a little more bud and a good bit of seeded bud on it still also.

The remaining plant, I am going to reveg and let the seeds finish a little more to get them all (a few hundred is my estimation).

picture.php

Footies, seeing less and less use as it slowly warms, there are still snow drifts in very shady spots though.

picture.php

Some popcorn I picked the other day and dried, smells gooood. :joint:

picture.php

The main event, Heavy hanging buds. :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

Extra large Popcorn from an extra tall plant. Tied down, bent, and with lead weights holding it in shape it was over 6'5" I cant wait to see it outside this summer :yoinks:

picture.php

This is Not exactly a 250w grow since I used a few CFLs to supplement, but bud is bud and I think they helped. I know I can do better next time but this is plenty good for a first hydro.

Deft

Veteran
Obviously I will get a full dry weight soon as its dry, that can vary though.

There was a little bud I forgot to show but not all that much. maybe 1/2 oz

Deft

Veteran
No one cares?

I'm going to go shoot myself because no one on the internet cares :bigeye::biglaugh:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I CARE I CARE!!! Looks like yer gonna kick start your spring nicely brother. Smoking indoor gettin ready for outdoor. Nothing better. Next Fall you'll be smoking outdoor growing indoor hopefully. What are yer thoughts overall at the ease of that setup ? You gotta be happy bro:jump:

Deft

Veteran
Joking at the fact no one posted when I harvested.

I'll have a preliminary figure within a week. The bulk of the bud is mostly dry, mybe 2 days till stems snap.

I'm going to cut the seeded and small popcorn tonight.

I have a lot of seed! And a good bit of bud to smoke too!

Deft

Veteran
I CARE I CARE!!! Looks like yer gonna kick start your spring nicely brother. Smoking indoor gettin ready for outdoor. Nothing better. Next Fall you'll be smoking outdoor growing indoor hopefully. What are yer thoughts overall at the ease of that setup ? You gotta be happy bro:jump:

The bud shrunk a lot, still better then I had been doing inside by a lot and I can do better next time I am sure.

DWC is the way to go small scale, its the only way to bump up yield and makes things super easy otherwise so I will grow this way from now on inside.

I like the large volume of the 18gal, I think its the way to go if your doing a single bucket.

Dude, DWC is super super easy. I recommend it to anyone especially anyone who is having a hard time in soil and wants to be able to go longer between checking up on your plants. Whatever pathogen was eating my roots even in dry soil is gone, abruptly and with no special cleaning of the space.

I like using supplemental lighting with the 250w, I think 4 42w CFLs in shop lights attached to the main reflector would be great for my closet, but I don't think it will work in summer unless I run AC which I might.

It is nice to have a good bit of bud to last me at least till outdoors is in full swing, and I think it may last till outdoor harvest believe it or not. That 2g of buds I picked is strong enough that I still have about .8g left after smoking on it for a few days, Its great stuff for the pipe and so is the hash.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
right on deft.... waiting for an update on the weight and how the smoke was..... keep smokin and growing that dank shit...

Deft

Veteran
Smoke is nice, a little goes a long way for me at least. The smell is getting more complex and mellow and I think once I stick the bulk in jars and my humidor today it will start getting even better.

The smoke is a bit expansive, great flavor on the first 1/3 of the hits out of a bowl. Great rush on the hit, then slowly the stony side creeps over you, more so than you would expect. Its a very nice mix of stony and heady, I feel the stone but I still want to go fishing or do something fun outside and am pretty clear unless I overdo it.

I'll try an get a main weight later today. I still have to cut the small popcorn off the living plant and harvest some more seed but I have plenty for me already so I will probably cut the immature seeds soon.

I decided to kill the plant, its too hard to clone with the pathogen still floating around my grow space.

Deft

Veteran
THE WEIGHING

THE WEIGHING

Preliminary weigh in!!!

Its easily over 5oz, in fact less than the total is more than 5oz bone dry (20 RH outside here so its probably a little light).

I stuck most of it on a scale and it reads 5 and 1/4 oz and that's minus the popcorn in a jar and what popcorn is on the plant still. That figure is not including what I have pulled and smoked so far (probably 10-15g).

That's more than I thought it would be after the bud shrunk up but I'll take it :joint:

So nearly half a pound and well over 100g plus at least 300 seed although we have yet to see if they are good but the way this bud turned out I bet they will make some good plants.