What's new

DabLab Reloaded-- back to vertville

LSWM

Burnt leaf tips cuz I'm lazy, and never flush. I ran out of drip cleen. Fuck it.

Final Yield on the 2 light donut:

1943 grams off of 2kw.

FUCKKKKKKKKING A, better than I have been getting, but still just shy of the 1gpw. Still though, 2+ per...Im happy.

Nice work! I'm looking into doing a similar build out with slightly less light. Looking at ~8k total. I have a 14x16x5-16 space with an A frame 1:1 roof above.

Debating between rows like you have setup, keeping the donuts going, or simply rolling with a hybrid tree/bush setup in an XO pattern.

I've got the space, and come winter I may need the heat, so I guess 6k on flip could be doable... Ohhh the option/decisions.

Mister_D

Veteran
Well done dabbers :respect: Back off on the food 50-100ppm and you won't need drip clean or mid grow flushes ;)

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Nice work! I'm looking into doing a similar build out with slightly less light. Looking at ~8k total. I have a 14x16x5-16 space with an A frame 1:1 roof above.

Debating between rows like you have setup, keeping the donuts going, or simply rolling with a hybrid tree/bush setup in an XO pattern.

I've got the space, and come winter I may need the heat, so I guess 6k on flip could be doable... Ohhh the option/decisions.

Thanks bro. Im switching to XO pattern with lower numbers after the runs i have going finish up. Im starting to burn out on the 18hr days.

mr. gt

real nice man. all of those strains look amazing! I think the choice comes down to personal preference! haha

so for clarity you got .971/gpw in the circle vs .806/gpw in the rectangle. was there any error that should be accounted for?

Would you say the extra 6.5 lbs was worth the space or do you think it would be more quantity efficient if you had a bunch of donuts.

whats your ideas for your next setup? keep it up and find those keeper phenos to always run.

~mr. gt

LSWM

real nice man. all of those strains look amazing! I think the choice comes down to personal preference! haha

so for clarity you got .971/gpw in the circle vs .806/gpw in the rectangle. was there any error that should be accounted for?

Would you say the extra 6.5 lbs was worth the space or do you think it would be more quantity efficient if you had a bunch of donuts.

whats your ideas for your next setup? keep it up and find those keeper phenos to always run.

~mr. gt

I'd be very interested in your thoughts on this as well.

DabOnDabs

Veteran

~mr. gt

Why you always gotta be asking hard questions!?

I'll try my best to answer, with my rational, but I doubt anything conclusive will come of it.

First of all, I ran into a couple issues with my first rectangle run;

1.) One plant went full hermie/male? about 3 weeks in. Add ~12oz to final yield, assuming that this plant was a female, and produced like them

2.) I overvegged..Bad. So much overlapping, that a ton of the nugs were just covered by other nugs. Due to this, it was hard for me to find space on the screen behind to strap the main laterals to, without smashing other nugs in behind them. In the pics, you can see alot of the nugs are leaning hard, extremely close to the light----->There were a few seeds in the big buds closest to the lights. Some buds had none, some had a few. Nothing bad, but definitely due to heat caused by the lamps.

3.) Almost all of the lower nugs were about worthless. With the lights ~6 ft off the floor, anything 4ft or lower was garbage fluff. I make shatter, so thats no big deal, but for others...It is.

A couple things to consider as well---

1.) The rectangle was mostly Nightmare OG, and some bullshit GSC clone my old partner brought home from the dispensary...Supposedly forum cut...Definately just some bullshit. Either way, these two strains yield particularly well, and I've grown them a few times.

2.) The Donut was a seed run. Some of the phenos werent very good. Similarly, I had never run any of those strains before. As previously mentioned, the scotts og and the leeroy ended up being pretty shitty yielders... Had the entire run been Citrix or hemlock, the yield would certainly be higher.

3.) Two lights stacked creates MUCHHHHHH better lower nugs. Much better. I didnt have to larf hardly anything.

SO-----My conclusion is this:

The circle is the way to go. It is the best allocation of space, it is easier to work in/around, and the nugs end up better from top to bottom. That being said, I only have space in my 9x30 room for 5 x 6' diameter donuts.

assuming 1gpw, that allows me to pull 10,000 grams off of 10 lights.

On the contrary, I could technically fit 18 lights in w/ the rectangle formation. It would be a cluster fuck, and nearly impossible to work in...But it would work.

Assuming .806gpw x 18 lights = 14,508g

So...yea, its a sacrifice, dependent on your individual goals, and constraints. Personally, I'm willing to forego the extra grammage from the same amount of space, given that its easier for me to work in my room, I dont require a MASSIVE(or 2) air conditioners, and The nug quality all around is better.

Also, gotta think about variable costs--- 18 lights costs more to run than 10

2 air conditioners costs more to run than 1

18 bulbs costs more to replace than 10.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
PART 2---- Ideas for next setup

As previously stated, I'm having a hard time keeping up w/ the demands of growing ~100 plants at a time. I'm handwatering ~80 plants 2x a day by hand. The rectangle is autowater, the rest are not. This could be fixed if I setup an autowater thing for the rest of them, but I've been kinda experimenting so I cant be bothered to do that at the moment.

Either way, Im sick of taking care of so many plants. Its too much. Everyone on this site knows how much work it is to take care of 3 plants....Do the math. So---

I'm gonna jump on the PPK shit. No more taking care of 1000 plants, no more making 3 different kinds of water 2x a day. 1 big res, once a week making water, no defoliation, big ass trees. I wanna take the work out of it... Call me lazy, but I work 60+hrs a week running my own construction/remodel/handyman company, so I cant have my hobby slowing down my jobs.

Im gonna go w/ 11 lights, 10 plants in the big room

X0X
0X0
X0X
0X0
X0X
0X0
X0X

About 10 months ago I setup a 2x6kw flip for a buddy. The Ferrari tits growroom of them all....My buddy and his partner managed to crop out a whooping 5lbs of powdery mildew mold weed during those 10 months. Killing it. So his partner(the one with the money to set it up in the first place) pulled the plug, and I just recieved about 10k$ worth of equipment for free..

Got a free Santa Fe, 30k btu mini split, 6light power box, 6 light flip box, Multiple timers, controllers, fans, ballats, etc.

So I'm also gonna set up another room in my workshop w/ 5 lights, 4 plants. . .

14 plants, 16 lights. Modestly, hoping for 1.5lbs per plant.

Just copying what others have already done, and killed it doing.

Those are my plans, thats all i can think up for now. This took forever, MR GT

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Oh, and about the keeper Phenos.

Not entirely sure, but I think after 2ish years of cloning my NMOG, it's losing some of its vigour.

I havent been keeping mothers, and have just been cloning off plants about to go into flower. But, I have kept my citrix and hemlock phenos as mother plants..

If I just keep cutting clones off the same mother for a couple years, would there be any evidence to suggest that clones start losing their vigour this way, or would yal say its my 10th generation clones causing the loss?

I Kinda like growing from seed, only problem is.. Its a fucking crapshoot.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuck dabs got any skin left on yer fuckin fingers from all the typing? feel a book coming on or what? who they going to get to play you when it flips to a movie i wonder..

sounds cool and you are better off lowering your running costs while increasing quality imho than just going for the tonnage of low quality crap if that is what it is turning out like on the bottom

also, fuck ya on the free kit!

Mister_D

Veteran
Im already running 600, you suggest lower?

I'd suggest you pay more attention to what your plants are telling you vs. what your meter says ;). 1.2EC (I assume you are using .5 conversion to get 600 ppm) is merely a good baseline to start with. If you see burning (like you have), then your plants are telling you they want less food. Drop 0.05EC, or 50ppm @ .5 and see if the tip burn continues. If not continue feeding at that strength, if it does, drop another 50ppm and observe. Same goes for plants showing hunger, only you'd increase ppm by 50 and observe and repeat if necessary. This is what some of us are talking about when we refer to dialing in your nutes.

Not entirely sure, but I think after 2ish years of cloning my NMOG, it's losing some of its vigour.

I havent been keeping mothers, and have just been cloning off plants about to go into flower. But, I have kept my citrix and hemlock phenos as mother plants..

If I just keep cutting clones off the same mother for a couple years, would there be any evidence to suggest that clones start losing their vigour this way, or would yal say its my 10th generation clones causing the loss?

It's possible for a clone to lose vigor over the years, but it's also possible to bring them back to health ;). The process basically involves only using the healthiest clones to continue the line. Personally I like to clone the top of a healthy plant (usually the healthiest clone IME), grow it out, and top that clone, then repeat the process until I see vigor begin to return to the strain :biggrin:. Usually only takes a few cycles for vigor to noticeably improve :tiphat:.

mr. gt

haha. ii like getting people to think.

Im pretty lazy myself. its definitely worth documenting everything. Theres someone on here AeroKrafter who has charts and documents everything.

I hand watered myself and its not fun. It would seem something with a reservoir that can be chilled, would be the best option.

I've been going back in forth in my head from organic soil or some version of hydro like ppk. ill check in with u later. stay well

~mr. gt

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

As previously stated, I'm having a hard time keeping up w/ the demands of growing ~100 plants at a time. I'm handwatering ~80 plants 2x a day by hand. The rectangle is autowater, the rest are not. This could be fixed if I setup an autowater thing for the rest of them, but I've been kinda experimenting so I cant be bothered to do that at the moment.

Either way, Im sick of taking care of so many plants. Its too much. Everyone on this site knows how much work it is to take care of 3 plants....Do the math. So---

I'm gonna jump on the PPK shit. No more taking care of 1000 plants, no more making 3 different kinds of water 2x a day. 1 big res, once a week making water, no defoliation, big ass trees. I wanna take the work out of it... Call me lazy, but I work 60+hrs a week running my own construction/remodel/handyman company, so I cant have my hobby slowing down my jobs.

X0X
0X0
X0X
0X0
X0X
0X0
X0X

About 10 months ago I setup a 2x6kw flip for a buddy. The Ferrari tits growroom of them all....My buddy and his partner managed to crop out a whooping 5lbs of powdery mildew mold weed during those 10 months. Killing it. So his partner(the one with the money to set it up in the first place) pulled the plug, and I just recieved about 10k$ worth of equipment for free..

Got a free Santa Fe, 30k btu mini split, 6light power box, 6 light flip box, Multiple timers, controllers, fans, ballats, etc.

How is this still your "hobby"? I haven't put on a roof for over a year (except for the 1 hour job for $200 I couldn't pass up)? There is no way I could pull a day job as well...

LSWM

Not entirely sure, but I think after 2ish years of cloning my NMOG, is losing some of its vigour.

Genetics cannot change, however genes can become expressed from environmental conditions.

What this can mean is that unless you revert the expression causing lack of vigor your plants will continue.

How you go about this is your call. I tend to believe that if you take clones from a health branch, the clones will be healthy. I don't subscribe to the theory that they lose vigor generation after generation, although technically possible through epigenetics, I haven't seen first hand evidence myself.

LSWM

X0X
0X0
X0X
0X0
X0X
0X0
X0X

I appreciate your response as well Dabs! Can't wait to see how it plays out. I've been debating jumping on the ppk wagon as well.

Where can I get a gig like that one? Build out a room, and choose all the best equipment, then get it handed to me 10 months later for free... You lucky sob...

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How is this still your "hobby"? I haven't put on a roof for over a year (except for the 1 hour job for $200 I couldn't pass up)? There is no way I could pull a day job as well...

same here brother,every time i see a stack of drywall or bundles of metal studs i want to puke...

LSWM

Hey Dabs!

I'm about to purchase a bunch of uniseals and I want your opinion/experience.

What size uniseals did you go with for the 5gal? I was thinking I would drop a 5 gal bucket with holes drilled in the bottom inside another bucket that had the uniseal, in order to allow for drainage and to avoid any anaerobic conditions in the bottom of buckets.

It looks like you put the uniseals directly into your pots, no? Did you have any problems with roots growing into the drains and clogging? I was thinking about going with 1/2 inch and running 4-8 plants in sequence with the drainage buckets linked. I could definitely save money by just using 1 bucket per site and using perlite in the bottom up over the drainage holes but I'm concerned about possible flooding...

Idk. Hope you can give some insight! Thanks in advance!

LSWM

Then I'm sitting here thinking about it, and with the new room comes an abundance of overhead height. I don't want to have to use a step stool to train but I think I can get away with an extra 18 inches for a bucket...

Maybe just long shelves with a taper and bucket at the end would be the cheapest bet...

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Scotts OG - Last crop turned out real nice.. Dense, potent, bag appeal for days
yV0UZEA.jpg

Summer caught up to me a little too quick. Didnt have time to setup a/c's and Ive been super busy at the job...

So I broke down the big 12k room for summer, and turned my veg room and my drying room into PPK rooms. Drying room is a 5 light, 4 plant X
Veg room is 2-5 site donuts. Each donut is being lighted by 1-1k bulb for now, but I'll add a second to each during flower for 4k in the room.

cJwhCr8.jpg

AasbHSq.jpg

7tieUzy.jpg

Big room will be turned into an 11 light, 10 plant ppk room, once temps cool off a bit.

Take care guys

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts