What's new

‘Dabbing:’ Dangerous New Drug Seized in Maryland

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honey oil goes back to the 70's here in cali. Same thing as this I am pretty sure.

Took 35 years to get from here in cali to east coast! Lord have mercy on the children, Lordy!

Easy7

Veteran
Doubt people with smoke a grands worth of oil like they can with crack. Oil keeps me basted a lot longer than crack. Don't camp with crack either.

idiit

Veteran
Took 35 years to get from here in cali to east coast! Lord have mercy on the children, Lordy!

i'm near the east coast and it's like i went back in time 30 years. lawrence ks. 30 years ago was way ahead of the east coast scene in my major metro area.

i think the younger ones are probably up to speed. i'm an old fart now.

Agaricus

Jayzus Aitch Keerist. When I read panic pieces like that I just want to bitchslap the idiots. Do they believe their own bullshit?

Feel big rant coming on. Better sign off.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honey oil goes back to the 70's here in cali. Same thing as this I am pretty sure.

I was lining my papers with "honey oil" in 1977 etc...nothing new here...

L

longearedfriend

I wonder if the butane honey oil is really the oil you guys had in the 60-70s

there is really a bho boom in cali, nowaddays seems like it's the big thing

Andyo

Veteran
I wonder if the butane honey oil is really the oil you guys had in the 60-70s

there is really a bho boom in cali, nowaddays seems like it's the big thing
We used ethyl alcahol in the 70,s.
Well some of us ,the rest drank there beer and dilligently went to work.
on bicycles.A

norcal_sourD

“It is dangerous,” Conner said. “People claim you can’t overdose on marijuana. In fact, you can. It’s so strong, they are passing out.”

hahaha that explains it!! Thought it was just me gettin woozy from dabs lol! My errl has made me take a knee on more than a few occasions heh heh. The new drug scare that has ME scratchin my noggin is this so called "Krockodil" zombie smack bullshit. WTF would someone even TRY that supposed shit for?? If it even really exists lol, ya never know man could be a hype dreamt up by tptb to scare the drooling masses into complacency..:chin::chin:

dddaver

Veteran
Actually, cannabis concentrates have been used for centuries as medicine, maybe millenia. Cannabis meds were used in ancient China and all over Asia and hash was popular in the mid-eastern cultures. I believe I read about cannabis found in some pharoes tomb. NONE of this concentrates or "dabs" shit is new, just a different name.:woohoo:

L

longearedfriend

IMG_0352.jpg

imho there is a difference with green iso oil and this

I don't think that it's been known by a lot of people that much, maybe you guys in california have been living in a seperate reality

I watched a documentary on a guy who went to cali just to produce concentrates

Agaricus

The hash oil I saw "back in the day" had that amber color. It only came around a couple of times but what a treat! It was almost a mystical experience. That and the opiated Thai stick. Oh shit, I want some Thai stick now.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

imho there is a difference with green iso oil and this

I don't think that it's been known by a lot of people that much, maybe you guys in california have been living in a seperate reality

I watched a documentary on a guy who went to cali just to produce concentrates

I made my first batch of BHO in Georgia back in 2000. My friend who showed me how to make it had been doing it for years. We didn't know about things like vacuum purging or winterization, but the quality was definitely there. Honey oil has been around for a long time, not just in California.

blastfrompast

Veteran
2000/2001 for BHO compliments of someone from OG posting I believe....

It was a pretty pathetic attempt on my part....blasting tube was scrubbed out peanut butter container(plastic)..lol...but it "kinda" worked..lol.....Heated the crap outta it....but it was amber..

before that it was green oil....potent..but kill your lungs after a while.

L

longearedfriend

I made my first batch of BHO in Georgia back in 2000. My friend who showed me how to make it had been doing it for years. We didn't know about things like vacuum purging or winterization, but the quality was definitely there. Honey oil has been around for a long time, not just in California.

hmmm

yes I believe that might be true, that it was known

but it wasn't as widespread as it is now from what is being said on page 1

so I guess it's inaccurate to say that it is a new drug

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2000/2001 for BHO compliments of someone from OG posting I believe....

It was a pretty pathetic attempt on my part....blasting tube was scrubbed out peanut butter container(plastic)..lol...but it "kinda" worked..lol.....Heated the crap outta it....but it was amber..

before that it was green oil....potent..but kill your lungs after a while.

My first batch was made with a pvc pipe with two end caps. We heated up the end of a coat hanger to melt a hole in the top end cap, then melted a bunch of holes in the bottom end cap. We filled the pipe with bud, put a coffee filter on the bottom along with the cap, and ran a couple cans of butane through the top end into a pint glass.

We just let the butane evaporate for a while before we smoked it. It ended up turning solid after sitting out for a few days. I didn't hear the term "shatter" until years later, but that's what it was. It almost felt too strong for me with my tolerance level at the time.

I read about honey oil afterwards on Erowid and OG. I don't know where my friend learned how to make it, but he knew exactly what to do.

TheChalice

A couple of folks have mentioned that in fact it can be dangerous if its not Vacuum purged (decarboxylated) and "winterized". I bet most of what kids get these days are neither.

Whats wrong with some full melt? isn't that the same thing essentially? it is kind of waxy :)

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
ya everyone is talking where the dabs at on the east coast these days...

don't get me wrong, it's all over... but kids just don't know the right people...

anyway I still have never dabbed strictly because I refuse to make it in my house (only place I would want to make it) and I refuse to smoke someone's oil that I don't know how they made it or if they purged correctly or what the starting material was...

I'll make my own someday though.. when the time is right.. :tiphat:

have nothing against dabs, I think a lot of ppl I talk to about it think I am but I just don't trust others with things like butane being left in what I am going to smoke...

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, what a terrible drug, the crack of MJ hahaha
Beeing up all day causes me to pass out too in the evening.
What is it with these people.
What that ignorant officer talks about reminds of that other cop, who gets baked out of his mind on hash brownies and then calls emergency because he thinks he's dying and time is really really really slow hahaha.
It's like someone has a drink for the first time and empties a bottle of jack.
Can humanity please go back to normal now ?
Jeez, do these people have no sense of moderation and/ or common sense? Why is everybody so hysterical with things they don't know or understand....

Thats article was a bag of lolz! More reefer madness...

Is making BHO dangerous, YES!

However when done properly, it provides a great product. BHO is for walter white lab types to make. Home users should stick to ice wax.

My .02

SV

Latest posts

Latest posts