What's new

DA: We'll Prosecute, No Matter How Council Votes

B

Blue Dot

Your mandate will be gone in a few years as the legalization movement spreads..

I HOPE so. That's what no one here seems to understand.

I hope it's legalized for all use, including recreational but UNTIL then I'm just trying to live in the real world.

B

Blue Dot

I don't care about the will of California voters when it impinges upon basic rights.

215 actually LIBERATED the rights of those that were ill.

We've never gotten to vote that growing MJ was a basic right.

Hopefully someday we will, until then....

zenoonez

Veteran
Until then you don't believe it is a basic right? Until then you don't support acting on your basic right?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems MJ is just as "affordable" as anything else. We are feeling the crunch on it all. What is affordable ?? its such a relative term...you say tomato i say tomatoe. Apparently everything that hits the shelf is gone quickly ... so at some point its as affordable as anything else. Milk is three bucks a gallon ... barely affordable for some.... for others .. they are so happy to not be paying four bucks :) everything is relative. In todays climate with the unclear laws from state to state county to county MJ is "affordable" as can be expected.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I HOPE so. That's what no one here seems to understand.

I hope it's legalized for all use, including recreational but UNTIL then I'm just trying to live in the real world.

The REAL World is founded upon loop-holes and corruption-- They use it on us in Courts daily...but you seem to think we do not have the Right to do the same--
All Legalities are subject to interpretation...why must you limit ours, to theirs??

So it's ok for any d.a. to make his or her own laws and ignore the laws voted by the people. And isn't that same D.A. in a law suit with tmz for obtaining documents illegaly after they refused to back down on a story they broke? That D.A. is a loose cannon and out of control!!!

B

Blue Dot

So it's ok for any d.a. to make his or her own laws and ignore the laws voted by the people.

"voted by the people"? Where in 215 (which was the only law voted by the people), does it say "sales" at dispensaries are legal?

J

JackTheGrower

Big money and Political connects..

So here is another example of the House Of Cards..

pugnacious

You guys should of seen the circus they call the LA city council live on tv today. I never paid attention to local politics until I moved down here. Its basically the residents saying "fuck you!" to the city council and them saying "thank you...next."

Very entertaining.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
"voted by the people"? Where in 215 (which was the only law voted by the people), does it say "sales" at dispensaries are legal?

It's the 1 question consciously evaded when brought up--except for a couple here. There is no provision in the statutes, that's why. There are loopholes (gray areas) being used to answer this one question.

Motive=money--this is a growing website and many here want to justify selling their product. Just do a search on posts asking about vending to clubs...

pugnacious

It's the 1 question consciously evaded when brought up--except for a couple here. There is no provision in the statutes, that's why. There are loopholes (gray areas) being used to answer this one question.

Motive=money--this is a growing website and many here want to justify selling their product. Just do a search on posts asking about vending to clubs...

This medicine doesnt need any justification.

richyrich

Veteran
This medicine doesnt need any justification.

The basic human right to put any substance in any persons body as to their choosing is nobody's business but their own. Do we agree on that. I believe your comment about MMJ as medicine is of the same. Yes, then it needs no justification.

You quoted my post and your comment did not address my post concerning persons evading the 1 question of using loopholes (gray areas) to justify the selling of their product. You didn't address any of this. You made a case in point for me; if you didn't realize it.

zenoonez

Veteran
The basic human right to put any substance in any persons body as to their choosing is nobody's business but their own. Do we agree on that. I believe your comment about MMJ as medicine is of the same. Yes, then it needs no justification.

You quoted my post and your comment did not address my post concerning persons evading the 1 question of using loopholes (gray areas) to justify the selling of their product. You didn't address any of this. You made a case in point for me; if you didn't realize it.

I agree with you but I also believe one has the right to do with his property as he wishes and if he desires to sell it for 60 an 8th then so be it. It better be fire or the market will not be interested. But again, it is his right.

richyrich

Veteran
The only issue is that we have laws for civility amongst civilization. If we wanted to all be rogue, then this would be one hell of a world to live in. All these arguments come down to people not wanting to obey the current laws at the time and use loopholes to sell MMJ at profit. Hey, I've done it. It's a no brainer. Some just don't want to admit that they are breaking the laws as they stand to make $$$.

zenoonez

Veteran
The only issue is that we have laws for civility amongst civilization. If we wanted to all be rogue, then this would be one hell of a world to live in. All these arguments come down to people not wanting to obey the current laws at the time and use loopholes to sell MMJ at profit. Hey, I've done it. It's a no brainer. Some just don't want to admit that they are breaking the laws as they stand to make $$$.

Laws that inhibit our freedoms for no good reason are poor laws and I for one will stand to say they should be broken.

richyrich

Veteran
Laws that inhibit our freedoms for no good reason are poor laws and I for one will stand to say they should be broken.

Is it a freedom issue of our god given right to ingest any substance as we choose or to profit from the selling of MMJ? It is a very stark contrast between the two.

zenoonez

Veteran
I think it is a god given right to do with your property what you wish as long as that doesn't involve hurting someone else. Granted you shouldn't shoot your pumpkins at people but if you want to sell those pumpkins to people I don't think the government should have any say in that.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran

RR, just FYI my grow is dismantled, and I am moving out of CA as soon as the fucking US Senate and President Obama finally decide on whether I'm moving to CO or DC. In the meantime, I am a thumb twiddler, and whether CA law is as you claim or as is my perception simply has nothing to do with my financial future.

BTW, Prop 215 was written and gotten in play by rogues. Interesting thought though, since Ms Corral's operation was totally illegal before 215 was passed, she was just as much a rogue under the law as Dennis Peron.

zenoonez

Veteran
RR, just FYI my grow is dismantled, and I am moving out of CA as soon as the fucking US Senate and President Obama finally decide on whether I'm moving to CO or DC. In the meantime, I am a thumb twiddler, and whether CA law is as you claim or as is my perception simply has nothing to do with my financial future.

Why are you leaving CA for CO or DC if you don't mind my asking?