What's new

CXB3590 vs MH/HPS vs 650W ChilLED

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Here is a chart I found in someones album if it might help -

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Sorry for the delay. Have been drying the buds and will now be trimming them this week. I will post some of the pics I took right before the final chop at 70 days.

The drying has been done at 60-64F and between 60-65% RH. I pulled off many of the fan leaves before hanging everything upside down.

If you search for #cxb3590 you can see more of the grow on IG.

rossta18

Sorry for the delay. Have been drying the buds and will now be trimming them this week. I will post some of the pics I took right before the final chop at 70 days.

The drying has been done at 60-64F and between 60-65% RH. I pulled off many of the fan leaves before hanging everything upside down.

Searched on IG and for some reason couldnt find it. Does your IGname=ICmag name?

Htnam

Do you know what is amperage per your set of 3590 led bar COB? Thanks for the updates.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think his UPS driver mobbed on his setup lol. too bad, it was a fantastic thread and i would have loved to hear the outcome.

im about to invest 10k into COBs and would like to see his numbers

Phychotron

i think his UPS driver mobbed on his setup

When I first started growing the fedex guy delivered his third or fourth package and finally said something along the lines of "I wish I could grow but I work for fedex and cant even smoke"

The delivery guy knows everything. I check the fan he delivered that day and it was discreet packaging. He must have just pieced it together cause he's got a limited delivery area and my address kept coming up. One of the packages might have said hydro on it or something stupid like that.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Desert Hydro - I can tell you the quality and quantity from Cree cobs are worth the up front cost. I have a light that uses the older, smaller, and less lumen producing CXA3070 cobs. Growth rates, yield, and quality are all just amazing. Also the heat is so much less of a headache compared to HID.

-Funk

That was a great grow. I can see all three are killing it. You are a great grower. it shows in your love and detail and beautiful flowers. congratulations. What you have proven is that if you can grow, it does not matter. I love the ChillLed light, great light, the DIY cobs and love too. I went to the middle way. I built COBs, CXB3590 with additional 3w cree leds, adding more Royal Blue during veg like ChilLed does, and more reds too with a controler like ChilLed does. I would love to get some of ChillLed's led engines when I get some money and space. Your grow has shown the value of leds properly designed and built do work well. thank-you
namaste

DeceiverZ

Veteran
My fellow peeps!!

I am so sorry for the VERY late update. Basically long story short I came down with a bad upper respiratory infection and had to be hospitalized for it. Had a really rough week not being able to breath properly. I also had a two month trip to SE Asia coming up and with the illness and stress of the upcoming departure date fast approaching I didn't update before I left.

So I left the samples with my partner who was kind enough to submit them for testing. We didn't get the terpene test done, but I will do this for another set of samples I'll be submitting shortly.

Here's the results

Glue White Fire:

HPS

COB

Glue Breath

HPS:

COB:

I know the terpene analysis would have been very useful but it was frustratingly skipped this time around. That being said, the COB buds do give off a more potent smell so I assume they are also more favorable than the HPS in this area.

Thank you all for following my journal and again, I apologize for the delay in sharing this info!

-DZ

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Digits, bro - we need digits. How were the yields vs?

BTW, thanks very much for update - glad all turned out so high.

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Digits, bro - we need digits. How were the yields vs?

BTW, thanks very much for update - glad all turned out so high.

How silly of me. Of course that's what is most important. It was all recorded and broken down by each strain for every table. Once I find my notebook containing all the info I'll come back and share the digits
:tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Cool, thanks a lot DeceiverZ for the updates, very informative.
Did you get also the analysis for the buds under the blue/red led lights you used?

Cheers

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Hope you are feeling better!!

How many watts did you use on a 4' X 8' area, or watts per square foot??

Edit-

Saw you used 2240 watts of LED. I hope you got more than 2240 grams trimmed and cured. Did you dim them??? Would think you would get light bleaching. I am thinking of running 12 Vero 29 Gen 7's on a 4 X 8, which would only be 1080 watts.

Latest posts

Latest posts