What's new

Cutting Edge Vs. General Hydroponics

just a quick update. Here we go with week six day 35 and things are slowly progressing. heres a couple pix

I think GH has taken the lead by a little bit.

dirkvid

Sounds like a good time to introduce a PK booster. Can't say I've heard of Massive, but it looks like a decent combo of PK/carbs which plants should love. Reviews appear positive too. I'd start very slow with any new, untested, nutrient....especially PK boosters.

Only worry would be if it had a very thick consistency and clogging in some hydro systems.

What kind of system are you running Dirk?

Killer garden Dr.Greenthumb!!:tiphat:

I've gone a head and just mixed up the all CES batch. Meanwhile i've gotten a response from the massive guys who say of course use our stuff just watch the PPM use about 15% less CES. I'm a N00b and i'm just using a ph meter and mixing chart, so i guess next week i'll just use half strength massive and see what's up. I'm doing 4 gal DWC buckets boubt an hr from mix to buckets. Next round i gottta do recirculating with rez so i dont hafta worrie about single buckets etc.

well for anyone that cares, the GH blew cutting edge out of the water, same strain, same environment, and the GH plant put out 3 maybe 4 times the weight, Ill put up some pics when I get some time, I dont see how its even possible, Im going to have to run another side by side again just to see. work is picking up and time is scarce these days.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Luck plays such a large part. I was given GH when I started and stuck with it 'cause it worked OK. Always did wonder how it would test out against others but never had time or inclination to test.

Thank you for the comparison. Its only one test, but clear cut results were gotten.

yeah but with only two plants its tough to get accurate results I mean what if one of the plants has better health or what ever. I think a better test would have been like 10 and 10 and do the run like 3 or 4 times and follow the exact same regiments. and then you could see actual results. Ive use cutting edge before and have had way better results with it. my conclusion is basically unanswered.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
well for anyone that cares, the GH blew cutting edge out of the water, same strain, same environment, and the GH plant put out 3 maybe 4 times the weight, Ill put up some pics when I get some time, I dont see how its even possible, Im going to have to run another side by side again just to see. work is picking up and time is scarce these days.

yeah but with only two plants its tough to get accurate results I mean what if one of the plants has better health or what ever. I think a better test would have been like 10 and 10 and do the run like 3 or 4 times and follow the exact same regiments. and then you could see actual results. Ive use cutting edge before and have had way better results with it. my conclusion is basically unanswered.

Glad to hear the GH plant did well for you Dig! Too bad the CES plant didn't keep up, but it happens. Very cool you did the comparison though, especially to the end.

I really like the idea of trying another comparison run. Maybe another side by side run with a known strain and little different nutrient mix? Slightly larger numbers sounds great too, maybe 2-3 of each strain under each nutrient?

well Im doing the same side by side, now with santa cruz og. this time were going with the Winner, GH up against the infamous Advanced nutrients. plants are looking great, I also added more air to the system. the 25 liter pump i was going to use on my ucdwc system seems to be plenty of o2 for these two buckets. im thinking that this pump would have increased my results with my previous side by side, im running 4 stones in each bucket and the plants seem to be loving it.

oh and just so you know from the last run, the GH produced 59 grams of dry weight and the CES produced a whopping 33 grams

both very nice dense bud, havent had a chance to taste anything yet but hopefully this weekend. and get my battery charged up on the camera to post some pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts