What's new

Cuts in MA

Muleskinner

Veteran
Use Parkopedia.com to find the cheapest parking in Boston. Some of the garages in the financial district have low prices on weekends, only a 15 minute walk away.

Don't pay the expensive ticket at the convention. Honestly none of the paid talks were that great last year, and there are non-stop speakers and panel discussions going for free all day long. I had absolutely zero desire to hear any of the expensive-ticket speakers last year, you'll be busy all day checking out other stuff. there's also a 2-day pass for $35.

Last edited:

tech1234

Use Parkopedia.com to find the cheapest parking in Boston. Some of the garages in the financial district have low prices on weekends, only a 10 minute walk away.

Don't pay the expensive ticket at the convention. Honestly none of the paid talks were that great last year, and there are non-stop speakers and panel discussions going for free all day long. I had absolutely zero desire to hear any of the expensive-ticket speakers last year, you'll be busy all day checking out other stuff. there's also a 2-day pass for $35.

Great info thanks!

Muleskinner

Veteran
Didn't make it today, going tomorrow for sure. I will giving away some seeds at the Masscann/NORML table, I'm making up some free packs tonight.

tech1234

I did just the cheap ticket... wasn't bad but had the vibe of one in a non-legal state. Not like cali or other similar states

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Strange vibe. I see that everywhere.

The nazis in my town are trying to prevent pot sales by spreading 50 year old propaganda. Pro pot people will speak out online but do not show up for public meetings fearing they will be targeted.

CrossBones

That convention looked lame from the 6 p.m. Channel 5 News report I saw last saturday night, thought it better to just save my time and $25.. A friend of mine landed in San Francisco on 4/20 and said things were quite a buzz there...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Good call. 40 bucks for parking and 25 to get in. Meh.

Last edited:

Dr. Amapola

Yup

Yup

i'm already very sick/tired of the" legal weed" scene/world & it's just begun...lol ...just one proud old time growers very humble opinion.. does it seem these conventions are just about a bunch of people chasing a $ no more no less [...] i can't abide being told what to do, or how to behave...blah blah etc... especially with my passion for all things MJ...sorry kinda rant
peace

:rant:

Yep, any time you have a new industry in America--especially one that has such a lucrative potential--you're going to have a bunch of jerks jumping on the bandwagon. Naturally a LOT of those folks are getting into growing solely for the money, they're not passionate growers, they just want cash. Sadly it's those same jerks who give a bad name to the whole "scene". In the time since Massachusetts legalized it, I've overheard at least two dozen total noobs talking about growing to make some quick cash. My opinion is that this is a fad, and that it will pass. Like anything that's new, people are interested in it.

The good news is that we all know it isn't easy to grow truly good ganja! Successful growing is NOT a plug-and-play hobby. Hell, it really isn't even a hobby, but rather more like a lifestyle! Anybody can hop online with a credit card and order up all of the fanciest equipment and start with great seeds or clones, but in the end, if you don't know what you're doing your ganja will suck and nobody will want to buy it.

I think the same thing applies to anyone with the idea of making a ganja conglomerate--like Philip Morris did with tobacco. If it ever comes to that (and I hope it doesn't), there will still be people who demand a higher level of quality and won't settle for crappy weed.

On the other hand, the guys & gals out there who respect the fact that, like any expensive commodity, growing good quality ganja that people will pay money for takes years of experience and a lot of hard work is involved--hence why people in NYC pay $50 for an 1/8th of an ounce of premium collie.

So while you might be cringing at the idiot who's got a cheap camping tent in his backyard full of unhealthy clones he just bought, don't worry. Those type of "growers" will be weeded-out much sooner than later.

Finally, I'd like to add that a LOT of this is psychological. The law has changed and things are changing, but that definitely doesn't mean you can't keep on truckin' like you've always been. :tiphat:

Muleskinner

Veteran
>>>The good news is that we all know it isn't easy to grow truly good ganja! Successful growing is NOT a plug-and-play hobby. Hell, it really isn't even a hobby, but rather more like a lifestyle! Anybody can hop online with a credit card and order up all of the fanciest equipment and start with great seeds or clones, but in the end, if you don't know what you're doing your ganja will suck and nobody will want to buy it.

well-said! Today's cannabis industry reminds me of the internet bubble of the late 90's. There were a bazillion new content-based website companies started, and 99% of them failed within a few years. For example I worked on a health care content website project, at the time there were 200+ health care content websites on the internet. Two years later, only 2 remained - DrKoop.com and Webmd.com, today only Webmd still exists. Nobody else made any revenue and the investors lost their cash. We're going to see the same thing happen here in the next 5 years. Lots of investors losing their shirts & pipe-dream business plans crashing to earth.

Just look at the medical dispensaires - in the next 12 months we'll go from 10 to 100 medical dispensaries, and so far only about 30,000 patients can use them. If those dispensaries can't become adult-use stores, they are screwed. Most will go out of business after investing millions. How many people will pay $300/year for a medical card when adult-use stores are open?

Junk

Afaik, you can't get cuts at all in MA from a disp. At least every dispensary I've been too doesn't sell them.

A shame too, bc there is a Sour Kush I tried recently that I took a shine to.

Junk

Just look at the medical dispensaires - in the next 12 months we'll go from 10 to 100 medical dispensaries, and so far only about 30,000 patients can use them. If those dispensaries can't become adult-use stores, they are screwed. Most will go out of business after investing millions. How many people will pay $300/year for a medical card when adult-use stores are open?

Agreed. It's setting them up to fail.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The dolts in Boston dont give a crap about anyone but themselves and perceive the taxpayers as nothing but but cows to be milked for more tax money.
They ignore the will of the people who voted them in and are comfortable knowing that once ensconced into their seat of power in Boston they have little to worry about when it comes to reelection in this one party state. It's like one big circle jerk up there.
The very people who they screw over will continue to vote for them again and again. It reminds me of Stockholm syndrome.

I have no confidence in the process of cannabis legalization in Ma.
It has already been shown and proven that the rats that crawl the halls of Beacon Hill are self serving and will continue to delay and obstruct the will of the people until they have managed a Kafka-like bureaucracy that wrings every last penny possible out of the taxpayers pockets, uses that money to enforce laws that generate more bureaucracy and uses even more of the money generated to enforce the bloated bureaucracy against them even more .
Whatever is left over is slowly wasted away on pet projects, entitlements, nepotistic appointments, graft and outright theft.

I dont know if you caught it but one of the reasons for the delay of implementation in Ma. in June was that several lawmakers were caught trying to slip in an 80% tax on cannabis sales. 80 fucking percent! Only in Ma..

Junk

I dont know if you caught it but one of the reasons for the delay of implementation in Ma. in June was that several lawmakers were caught trying to slip in an 80% tax on cannabis sales. 80 fucking percent! Only in Ma..

For 80% they'd better pay any legal costs if one runs into federal issues.

They are so stupid. I don't claim to be an expert but I know a small amount about economics/business etc. Taxes like that, on top of the already high costs disp's charge...a lot of people will choose to produce it themselves.

"So what" the politicians might say, "not everyone will grow it themselves because of the amount of work and inconvenience, and the 80% tax will level it out."

Absolutely true. But now, all the people you have "forced" to grow it themselves, will be looking to recoup costs, and guess what...no taxes!

Where do they think the market will go to buy product? And in very short order. Way to blow it Beacon Hill.

Also, I haven't looked into the language that bars medical places from becoming recreational, but also, such a stupid idea. It's like telling Walmart that they can't become a Super Walmart (a Walmart that sells groceries too).

What...why? They have the room to add groceries, and they already have the location?"

Beacon Hill says, "No, you can't. You have to open a different store."

Walmart says, "We can't afford two rents..." You get the picture.

I don't see the problem at all. Make all the dispensaries medical and recreational. If you have a med card, you pay med taxes. If you don't, you pay recreational taxes.

It's not that difficult. The dispensaries are already there and more are in line. A child could figure this out considering you already have two state models with Tobacco, and Alcohol, the medical model we are already using, and the other, like 4-5 states and D.C. that already have recreational.

I mean really BH, how can you @#%^ this up?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
anyone going to Cannacon this weekend in Boston?

there's an alternative event an hour south Saturday July 15.
5pm till the bar/restaurant closes.
$20 includes meal. raffle of weed things. great chance to network with folks from all over the place.

unlike Cannacon I'm certain there will be lots of weed smoking going on.:biggrin:

I'm planning to toss some beans and clones on the raffle. smoke folks the fuck out on some cookies too.

picture.php

MICKEY MARTIN'S EAST COAST MEMORIAL

place: Miller's Homeport. 24 Cove rd S Dartmouth Ma
date: Saturday, July 15th
time: 5pm on
price: $20 per person, includes meal

Millers Homeport is owned by Mickey's good friend Jack. It was Mickey's favorite place to eat and unwind in the east. The Portuguese filet is amazing and was Mickey's fav. Jack will be serving Mickey's favorite meal with lots of other tapas sides, all Mickey's favorites.

There will be a raffle.
There will be #FUCKMICKEY t-shirts and sweatshirts for sale as well.

Working on a Chinese candle lantern farewell from the beach house (couple blocks from the bar)

If you know Jack, you know how tight he was with Mickey. ALL proceeds will go to the family, including whatever the bar generates.

Muleskinner

Veteran
What happened to Mickey - how did he pass? I remember seeing that guy doing a protest in front of the state house.

There was a time not too long ago where ecsd was easy to come across now it seems like people moved on unfortunately it's my all time favorite ...anyone still growing ecsd, post up them pics

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
There was a time not too long ago where ecsd was easy to come across now it seems like people moved on unfortunately it's my all time favorite ...anyone still growing ecsd, post up them pics

I won't be moving on from ECSD, been spreading it far and wide.

picture.php

picture.php

and SFV
picture.php

and Sour Dubb
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts