What's new

curling leaves

crisscross

I will give an update. You dudes are drama though! thanks for everyone's input.

The plant leaves that were damaged were caused by two things: 1. light too close and 2. too much maxibloom or nitrogen burn.

I raised the lights a little bit at first, then I raised them more seeing that the new growth was responding better with the lights higher. Even though I did it before it was suggested by grapeman I think that grapeman's advice was golden. I am now at about 16" and the plants are doing much better.

I have lowered the RH to 30% for the time being. I live in a desert so keeping humidity stable is a challenge at best.

I began feeding with KoolBloom which is low in N but very high in P and high in K. I am hoping that will help the flowers develop. I am also still giving a very low dose of Maxibloom and Calmag+ for good measure.

All in all, I believe things are now stable for the time being. The leaves that were curled and burned are still curled and burned. Except for the ones that have fell off. I will post new pictures either tonight or tomorrow.

L

Legalize This

my apologies to the op for the direction my posts took.

my apologies to the others who responded to the ops query, including Legalize This.

I realize you were only just tryng to help, a very noble gesture too. you just didn't have adequate information. as for me looking down my nose at you? no man, that's just the way i speak. some peeps don't like it, most use the ignore button, i'm brash, opinionated, dry, coarse, and at times a combination of those attributes...and my humor needs to be tweaked.

i never claimed any greatness in my growing capabilities and my album probably reflects that. i don't claim nor do i aspire to be a 'pro'. i try to grow enough stash to last until next harvest cycle.

i do not know who you are, but you should tell the laundry to lay off the starch. (<<<joke).
i was not going to respond until i saw 'hubris' under your nick...after i finished f*cking off, i remembered quoting you in my sig...so now know i'm removing that dig from my sig.

and you do know me, i am but one of many. you will find more be assured of that.

i hope you find peace inside that troubled heart.

sincerely wishing you the best in whatever endeavor you choose.

regards.

trichrider
i dont know about my troubled heart, because i dont personally think thats true. i may have a slight attitude from loneliness but, thats just me. im brash and opinionated too. that why i havent had a girlfriend in more than 5 years(i score once in a while, but i dont keep chicks around. i love my single life). i dont hold grudges Trichrider. i like almost everyone, no matter what flys out of the mouth. some things that fly out of my mouth are worse so, i "cant" hold a grudge. i made hubris my mood because you were kinda right, and making straight As through english and grammer for 12 years, never gave me that word hubris. i never heard of that word and ive been accused of that very thing before. i "am" english. im supposed to be like that lol. pure bloods are different. <---perfect example of hubris. if you dont mind, id like to keep that word as my mood and thank you. if you feel bad about it for some reason, ill change it.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:nono::nono::bashhead: :wallbash:

I've been trying to fix this but people keep posting incorrect information.

1. Except for a few rare phenos... Maxibloom has plenty of Mag. If you NEED mag... use garden grade epsom salts. Even drugstore epsom is cheaper and better than Cal/Mag

2. "Hanging around 5.5" You need a full pH swing, constantly. DWC should go from 5.2 up to 6.0 and then be adjusted back to 5.2 (preferably with nutes and not all pH down)

3. Cal/Mag has extra calcium and nitrogen in it. You're half tap-water already and don't need the calcium. You're in flower and don't need the nitrogen (Unless you like stretchier, stemmier bud?)

4. As was already stated 3-5" is too close, regardless of air temps. Try to up the light distance a bit..... especially with such low RH

Sorry that all you have to go from are people with the wrong information. Like I said, trying to fix that.

10% is reaaaaally low RH. :( No way you can boost that, even by only 10%?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Now here is some good advice but some of you need to go in the bathroom look in the mirror and give that sob the hell he or she deserves.

This is NOT Radio Talk Hour and some of the advice I have read will kill this poor guys girls dead.

For those of you who are new this thread needs to be looked at as an example.

ANY person in this thread who has given advice that you question look at their gallery and see their results. In some cases I'm sure you will find the grows are as crappy as the advice. It's one thing to try and help but another to help when you cannot or should not.

If the op EVER has this issue again I will simply say I'm not a genius BUT:

When I say I can grow 2 liter colas I fuggin mean it :)

Be Well And Behave
Mr.Wags

Meraxes

Veteran
is this the lifetime channel thread? legalize, i have some curling leaves and was looking for insight, but i've had to smoke a bowl after every one of your posts because theyre such a buzzkill

L

Legalize This

i think your the only one that feels that way. maybe its your weak ass buzz. try a high, instead of a buzz. im better when medicated, and i wasnt put here to entertain you prick.

L

Legalize This

try saying something nice. it goes a lot further. what your seeking is info and help, didnt we establish all that in the first couple of pages? you need more? its just curled leaves shit. i can "accidently" cure that.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think your the only one that feels that way. maybe its your weak ass buzz. try a high, instead of a buzz. im better when medicated, and i wasnt put here to entertain you prick.

Ok sir let me put it to you this way. Disrespect another member like this again and I assure you you will be shown the door.

If you like it here fine read all you like but like I said play nice be respectful or be gone.

The Choice Is Yours
Mr.Wags

L

Legalize This

Ok sir let me put it to you this way. Disrespect another member like this again and I assure you you will be shown the door.

If you like it here fine read all you like but like I said play nice be respectful or be gone.

The Choice Is Yours
Mr.Wags
and im not a member? im cancelling my account. for some reason i pissed everyone off so, i guess noone likes me. sorry and goodbye.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and im not a member? im cancelling my account. for some reason i pissed everyone off so, i guess noone likes me. sorry and goodbye.

That is your choice but you will miss out on the best MJ site on the net and FYI one of the top 1000 sites on the web.

All that we ask is for civility and to be a grown up share the love and not the hate.

I mean if you truly think about it:

Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you train hard and get the gold in the end your still retarded.

If you feel the urge to fight simply go to Facebook and have at it that has got to be the BIGGEST Drama fest in the history of mankind. The idea of sharing your entire life with total strangers with pics involved with birth dates and addresses.

I have offered in Mod forums to sign on with a fake nic for 30 days. I said in that time I could show some of you how silly you are by sharing personal info with anyone on the web. Leo is here leo is everywhere people and all it takes is for some of you to think your gonna get some free cuts and or a pussy shot and down comes the walls and the info flows.

In the end I got shot down because it might cast a bad shadow on all mods (I agreed) and we all decided as hard as it is to admit:

You Can't Fix Stupid

and that is why we all try so damn hard to get along to share the love of the weed and take all the drama and the hoopla to other sites where it's better served.

Trust me Legal your not the first to come in here and make folks mad. But liker I said all we ask is to be civil and if by chance someone pisses you off we have a pm system where you 2 can work it out in private if he or she chooses to.

I hope you would reconsider.

Have A Great Xmas All
Mr.Wags

That is your choice but you will miss out on the best MJ site on the net and FYI one of the top 1000 sites on the web.

All that we ask is for civility and to be a grown up share the love and not the hate.

I mean if you truly think about it:

Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you train hard and get the gold in the end your still retarded.

If you feel the urge to fight simply go to Facebook and have at it that has got to be the BIGGEST Drama fest in the history of mankind. The idea of sharing your entire life with total strangers with pics involved with birth dates and addresses.

I have offered in Mod forums to sign on with a fake nic for 30 days. I said in that time I could show some of you how silly you are by sharing personal info with anyone on the web. Leo is here leo is everywhere people and all it takes is for some of you to think your gonna get some free cuts and or a pussy shot and down comes the walls and the info flows.

In the end I got shot down because it might cast a bad shadow on all mods (I agreed) and we all decided as hard as it is to admit:

You Can't Fix Stupid

and that is why we all try so damn hard to get along to share the love of the weed and take all the drama and the hoopla to other sites where it's better served.

Trust me Legal your not the first to come in here and make folks mad. But liker I said all we ask is to be civil and if by chance someone pisses you off we have a pm system where you 2 can work it out in private if he or she chooses to.

I hope you would reconsider.

Have A Great Xmas All
Mr.Wags

Well Put Wags. Peace.

I will give an update. You dudes are drama though! thanks for everyone's input.

The plant leaves that were damaged were caused by two things: 1. light too close and 2. too much maxibloom or nitrogen burn.

I raised the lights a little bit at first, then I raised them more seeing that the new growth was responding better with the lights higher. Even though I did it before it was suggested by grapeman I think that grapeman's advice was golden. I am now at about 16" and the plants are doing much better.

I have lowered the RH to 30% for the time being. I live in a desert so keeping humidity stable is a challenge at best.

I began feeding with KoolBloom which is low in N but very high in P and high in K. I am hoping that will help the flowers develop. I am also still giving a very low dose of Maxibloom and Calmag+ for good measure.

All in all, I believe things are now stable for the time being. The leaves that were curled and burned are still curled and burned. Except for the ones that have fell off. I will post new pictures either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks man. Keep us posted around harvest time. Be careful with the KB...if you think you burned it with maxi, KB will do it about 5x faster. I wouldnt feed it KB, I would feed it MB with one or two shots of KB along the way. If you burned it maxi, you dont quit maxi, you just lower it a little. KB isnt designed to feed a plant, just boost it. Maxi is whole food for the plant. And it doesnt look very nute burned to me, looks hot and dry. Be careful or just feeding it KB can cause other issues of deficiencies.

I don't know what your water temps are, but those leaves with the up-curled ends still point towards heat in my book - usually lamp heat, not rez heat show this way, but I don't know.

Could be a result of the lower humidity. The more I study VPD the more i try to keep my humidity as high as I can...65-70% till beg of week 7, then drop to >40%. No mold and the plants seem healthier. Dense girl, maybe clean out the larf a little.

Great news is you WILL get some bud off of her. :jump:I have seen ALOT worse for sure. Congrats, you are doing well trying to negotiate this whole experience.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anyone hears from the OP again let him know this thread will be cleaned up and since the cleaning has already started it looks as if it's gonna be a better day and hope Mr. Legal gets his meds sorted out and comes back when he's in a better frame of mind.

Hope the girls are still kicking.

Be Well
Mr.Wags

crisscross

just a heads up for anyone who might have read through all of this....the leaves are still burnt. you can check my photo album. the burnt leaves stay burnt and never repair. don't listen to the information that contradicts this fact.

Latest posts

Latest posts