What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curling and twisting seedling leaves. Help.

w3rds

Couch, I'm guessing you live along the west coast? Some of us back East are still stuck in the early 90s, where almost all purchasing has to happen online if I want to find what I want. The main reason why I decided to start my own compost was that I realized I was going to have to spend 3x what most people do since there isn't a single brick and mortar within 20 miles that sells a quality organic soil. My only options are what Walmart and Lowe's have on the shelf...

couchlockd

Couch, I'm guessing you live along the west coast? Some of us back East are still stuck in the early 90s, where almost all purchasing has to happen online if I want to find what I want. The main reason why I decided to start my own compost was that I realized I was going to have to spend 3x what most people do since there isn't a single brick and mortar within 20 miles that sells a quality organic soil. My only options are what Walmart and Lowe's have on the shelf...

Ohio
I live

My hydro shop started stocking all kinds of good shit a few years ago after I gave them my list.

I guess tons on people asked for same stuff as me.

I'm personal friends with the owners, it only took a few requests and its stocked now

couchlockd

Ohio, the California of the Midwest, or so they say...

Really? No shit.

I do know we have lots of growers more than I care to think about.

Its not uncommon to see big white conversion vans buy loads of equipment at the hydro shop a lost every time I'm there.

I personally feel I hate this state though

w3rds

Tell me about it, I lived in Alabama a few years back. That state will lock you up for a few joints, would never have humored the thought of growing when I lived there...

couchlockd

We are decriminalized

100g or less is a minor misdemeanor like a seat belt ticket. Been decrim. Since 1975

But we just passed medical too, but its going to be a WHILE before it becomes a reality

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Been legal here since 1972. The FBI raided my house in 2014. They did not bother to files charges for the garden, the jury would have laughed at the federal law. The jury nullified the other charges out of spite, the FBI has no friends in Alaska.
Drug laws and morals laws, all political and unconnected to the real world.

I am in the thread because I posted a photo of a twisted seedling when that was still the topic. It grew into a three trunked sprout where the missing and twisted leaves were. Physical damage getting through the dirt or a stuck hull. Just following up on the first post even though nothing repeatable is going on.

Attachments

• Tripled, two large mainstems and one small.jpg
    Tripled, two large mainstems and one small.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Sister Mazar planted at the same time.jpg
    Sister Mazar planted at the same time.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 9

couchlockd

It can be, it can also be .ca or mg.

This is the very reason I switched to very fertile built organic soils.

There is more nutrients in the soil than the plant can use by the end of flower.

The plant calls the shots of What it needs and how much it needs through root exudes activation certain element fixing root zone bacteria and microlife.

Always playing the guessing games for old fast with bottles

Dossing

Huhm, well I do have some Dolomite lime with mg (9%) lying around. But just did a watering earlier today. So would it be best to wait, or to do a second watering?

Also, I know that my soil pH is really low. So the extra watering might balance it out a little, and allow more nute intake.

couchlockd

Dolomite won't be instant.

If your using flora nova or some other synthetic nite, use some Technaflora Mag-I-Cal or botanicals cal-mag +

w3rds

Definitely mix some of that lime NOW into the soil youre going to transplant your seedling into. That will make it a non issue for your plants later in their cycle.

Dossing

I'm using BioBizz's Grow and Bloom, will they work?

I added a Dolomite/water solution to the soil im prepping already after I found the pH so low, and just watering a little with this for the plant in question.

w3rds

Im crazy lucky, my tap water + nutes = 6.6pH w/250-300ppm

literally no tweakig, just add to a gallon, shake and water.

Latest posts

Latest posts