What's new

Curious on how many switched back

Miraculous Meds

See although that looks nice i think this pic compliments of aptus thread kills it in yield grown horizontal
I going to pull out my other pc try to find buddies pics of his 5 million dollar grow op although he is in jail he still harvested 100 kilo a week horizontal thats 220 pounds he only got 5 years hahaha i hope i still got them and pics of 50 tons of pot in Barn ready to be processed into hash tbats 100,000 pounds of weed new meaning to GROW OP

Just the crew to process that is ridiculous.

Are u gonna run a vert to ever try drfever. Man u should check out hl45's pics in snypes thread, post 300. that is what im talking about!!! I don't think he stated gpw, but im sure he killed it.

I don't think id trade 5 years of my freedom for millions of dollars, but to each there own.

DunHav`nFun

DF , I`m gonna ask you nicely to stop this incessant bullshit of slingin dick pics pitting vertical setups against flat grows as being a hyped up letdown that ALL eventually get away from and go back to horizontal reflectors....and....

I`m gonna say this in the nicest way I know without dawgcussin your ass and getting banned......for the record it is scientifically impossible for a dialed 1 dimensional "flat" setup to yield comparably with all things being equal and 4 walls filled with the same sized plants and setup with bare bulbs blasting 360 degrees un-impeded by any reflective hunk of hydro-whore manufactured bullshit....

Just because there`s no pics of the evidence from seasoned vets that choose NOT to post on public kiddie weedsites definitely doesn`t mean it`s not being done daily elsewhere at the invite only smaller sites for old heads......believe that...

Now.....MM asked you to go look at HL45`s pics in Snype`s thread to see what bare bulbs can do with 4 plants and 5 lights , and after hookin HL up with the particulars couple yrs ago on what I used ta do with Krusty buckets , I`m sure he`s approaching 12-15 lb rooms with the right strains by now....

If he`d not had a security breach and shut down the thread , THIS thread most likely would`ve never been attempted since HL was documenting with pics galore and well defined descriptions of his PPK setup MORE than capable of pumpin out big bitches like my old krusty buckets , but regardless , the "Love machine "thread was no more....

I`ve said this on more than 1 occasion that Vertical isn`t for everyone , and there`s no magic bean that Jack planted with no money tree waitin just from hangin a bare bulb vertically instead of flat ways in a nuthin ass reflector......

And finally....I`ve not seen ANYONE best my clone factory guys in SoCal with 4x4 tables , 256-fully rooted/pick of the litter cuts in 3" rockwool cubes and NO vegtime that pull 4 lbs+/- per table with only 10 Lights perpetual and do 208+/- lbs per yr....so there.....

Not sayin it can`t be done in a coliseum/rack type setting with stacked bare bulbs AND done perpetually , but they`ve been dialin their flat flood tables for 20 yrs since Cali went legal , and I`m sure they`ll never go vert ya think ?.....anyways....

Enuff of the bullshit DF......you win....flat`s better....feel better now ?.....Can`t say I`d ever go back to horizontal after dialin vert though , but that`s just me since I started out indoors with bare bulbs hangin and krusty buckets in between.....

If you keep up the bullshit , I WILL see if HGO can lock this no info motherfucker aight ?.....better yet....be a stand up kinda somebody and close this piece of shit thread that never WAS meant for knowledge sharing , but rather contempt toward vertical yield claims and YOUR dick-slingin attempts at denouncing vertical setups with your so-called amazing yield flat canopy pics....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

DrFever

Veteran
DF , I`m gonna ask you nicely to stop this incessant bullshit of slingin dick pics pitting vertical setups against flat grows as being a hyped up letdown that ALL eventually get away from and go back to horizontal reflectors....and....

Actually i never made it into a dick slinging contest on the contrary
i asked if any switched back

I`m gonna say this in the nicest way I know without dawgcussin your ass and getting banned......for the record it is scientifically impossible for a dialed 1 dimensional "flat" setup to yield comparably with all things being equal and 4 walls filled with the same sized plants and setup with bare bulbs blasting 360 degrees un-impeded by any reflective hunk of hydro-whore manufactured bullshit....

For me, this is all about the numbers, and it's a good debate because I'm mulling it over right now in making a decision for my next grow and it's interesting to compare.

Vertical growing is projected to out-yield horizontal. The truth is, in most cases, when you factor in space and wattage, it doesn't seem to.

What I'm seeing is that the numbers being compared to are set horribly low on the horizontal, thus making the vert look much better in comparison. For me that's the biggest issue I have with the whole vert hor debate. I think that's what's happening here to a degree, with due respect.

For example....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjaganjakush View Post
First grow 2gal coco hempy, no screen, 600w and 400w bare bulb vert I pulled 25 oz strain was querkle bagseed and two 3xkrazy that I burnt to shit. Don't think I would of got near that if I was horizontal
The question is, why not?

25 oz is 12.5 ounces per light.

One of those lights is a 600.

To put it into perspective, if you hit only 12.5oz on a 600w light in a horizontal grow, you've fucked up badly somewhere. That's the blunt truth of it.

But even with that low figure, you would still have hit your 25oz mark that you did with the vert.....

so how is it fair to project that you wouldn't have hit this simple target with a flat grow? It makes no sense

Just because there`s no pics of the evidence from seasoned vets that choose NOT to post on public kiddie weedsites definitely doesn`t mean it`s not being done daily elsewhere at the invite only smaller sites for old heads......believe that...

Now.....MM asked you to go look at HL45`s pics in Snype`s thread to see what bare bulbs can do with 4 plants and 5 lights , and after hookin HL up with the particulars couple yrs ago on what I used ta do with Krusty buckets , I`m sure he`s approaching 12-15 lb rooms with the right strains by now....

You said it 4 plants and 5 lights does this make sense ??? cmon you think the average grower is going to do this ?? no different then how you mention your `10 light grow in your krusty buckets by the way you did you factor in your efficiency to get 4 pounds from 10 lights seem was that a factory run lol

Here lets put it this way cause you seem think its a dick slinging contest and for anyone look on RIU search me to find more pics as i do not have many of them anymore
7 pounds 2000 watts 72 plants rooms putting it into perspective like you mention HL 12 - 15 pound rooms mutilple lights ??? lets use 10 lights so 10,000 watts 2 per room 72 plants in each horizontal by the way how long was his plants vegged ??? ANYONE ???? cause to my understanding in order to pull yields vert growers need to make trees

Now we all know from them pics that vert = more space so lets look at this like you said DHF scientifically speaking right ???
8 foot x 8 foot x 8 foot room grown vert = 41.4 percent more space are we seeing 41 percent more yield ??? numbers do not stack up scientifically speaking so so again rather then being scientific its rather a hypothesis a guess

If he`d not had a security breach and shut down the thread , THIS thread most likely would`ve never been attempted since HL was documenting with pics galore and well defined descriptions of his PPK setup MORE than capable of pumpin out big bitches like my old krusty buckets , but regardless , the "Love machine "thread was no more....

I`ve said this on more than 1 occasion that Vertical isn`t for everyone , and there`s no magic bean that Jack planted with no money tree waitin just from hangin a bare bulb vertically instead of flat ways in a nuthin ass reflector......

Couldn't agree more Either way, when you just break down the numbers, it shows not that vertical is more efficient, but that it suits you better, for whatever reason. Which is all good, but doesn't point to vert being more efficient/higher yielding, because those numbers are just as achievable with horizontal, and possibly in less space.

And finally....I`ve not seen ANYONE best my clone factory guys in SoCal with 4x4 tables , 256-fully rooted/pick of the litter cuts in 3" rockwool cubes and NO vegtime that pull 4 lbs+/- per table with only 10 Lights perpetual and do 208+/- lbs per yr....so there.....
I really would like to see those pictures cause i placed a complete tray of clones into tote i think measurements were almost 2 feet by 4 feet and it was packed clone right into flower room although they were not directly under light i had them on side my results were that clones fought for the light some drowning out others etc was just a thrown 72 clone what yea get is what yea get hahah yea i got 6 oz out of it but again but to get 4 pounds in a 4x4 area thats nuts thats 16 pounds wet you did this vert ??? DHF who did you place 10 lights into 4x4 area

Not sayin it can`t be done in a coliseum/rack type setting with stacked bare bulbs AND done perpetually , but they`ve been dialin their flat flood tables for 20 yrs since Cali went legal , and I`m sure they`ll never go vert ya think ?.....anyways....

Enuff of the bullshit DF......you win....flat`s better....feel better now ?.....Can`t say I`d ever go back to horizontal after dialin vert though , but that`s just me since I started out indoors with bare bulbs hangin and krusty buckets in between.....

If you keep up the bullshit , I WILL see if HGO can lock this no info motherfucker aight ?.....better yet....be a stand up kinda somebody and close this piece of shit thread that never WAS meant for knowledge sharing , but rather contempt toward vertical yield claims and YOUR dick-slingin attempts at denouncing vertical setups with your so-called amazing yield flat canopy pics....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

And on closing note there DHF you failed to mention i think HGO went back to Horizontal he mentions he thinks he will get more yield here read his first post on his thread up his yield https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287041

paper thorn

Veteran
you know, this is my fav thread in the vert forum.

I love all the posts by DrFever.

and...

All of them by DHF.

Except the part where Fred in pretty much every post here, dogs Doc for being an idiot or liar or whatever.

Seems he can argue with him just as well without referring to a dick measuring contest with every post.

Don't take it personal Fred, i love your posts and find you to be a grower with superior knowledge to most here.

But, doc is no idiot, and a good grower too. Just comes at things from a different experience than some.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
My mag transformer failed, so I went to my workhorse 7
and PL L horizontal. Micro style, not really relevant, but I
did have decent yields on my WLD types in vert cab, may it RIP.

If I were commercial, vert, no doubt. And really good protective eye gear.