What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cup entries??

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
john sinclair turned out real goodlovely flavours more on haze side and a nice buzz to boot

earlier sample was not as good but sinclair is a thumbs up

burmese kush is rocking a lovely flavour and a nice stone to go with it
this is on my list of seeds i want

true youve got a good strain there

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Ultra Haze was ultra boring, first sample i got as a non judge, that shit was not cured and looked awful, really strange bud structure. then i realized that judges are getting a different looking sample. so i got hold of some of that, the only good thing i can say is that it really was cured, but as it was tasteless and pretty much high-less too, the fact that it was cured didn't do much for it.

from the first time i smoked it to the last, it was just nothing special at all. we were all trying to figure out why arjan would use such a strain to enter the cannabis cup with?

my favorite smoke was not from a coffee shop, lol. what a surprise eh? but there were a few quite memorable ones. the chocolope was one of the tastiest strains out there, real pleasure to smoke. the MakkoHaze, was not bad. martian mean green was damn decent too.

bought some nycdiesel while in harlem and that was real nice. cheaper then in amster dam too. got the honey bee from amnesia too, didn't have much flavor, but was a nice wake and bake type strain.

stella blue was real nice. another great smoke was called kahuna, i have no idea where it came from, peter handed me that to roll, lol.

the g13 haze was another one where they gave different samples to pass holders. the sample i got as a judge was really quite nice. nice trichome coverage, good strong hit. just as i was lighting up a splif of the g13haze at barneys, the law walks in for a routine check to see if there are more then the tolerated 500gs of product on the premises, as well as checking for any underage kids, which would allow them to cause the shop hell.

so there i am, having stood in the fucking que for a good 15 minutes, smoking my joint when they walk in. 4 females and 2 males, the 2 woman officers start to search under the tables while the other 2 are searching the dealers area. while the two guys are standing at the door. having established that there was no kilos of weed under the customer tables they proceeded to check everyones papers and kick them out. they did it in 3 places on the 18th. the rokerij, the grey area and barneys. peter got stuck in the one at grey area because he didn't have his papers on him, lol. they let him off with a warning. you have to have id on you at all times now in amsterdam.

anyway i was a bit worried thinking they were gonna continue all through the cup with these checks, but luckily they didn't. it seems like they just wanted to show the coffee shops owners that there was no exception to the 500 g rule, even for the cup, lol.

bullseye

hey guise that chocolope was realy nice was,nt it i got home tuesday night.i opened my bag and some chocolope must have fell in my bag ?(by mistake of course ) best thing is there were 3 beens in it there. sprouted and in little pots as we speek :wave:

vodoochild

I brought the kahuna from amnesia and left it at the boo, for everyone to enjoy. It had a nice tates, but i was disappointed by their entry, honey bee. I got about an eight to a quarter given to me when i landed and i was unimpressed. the arjans sucked, even the judges samples. The john sinclair was really nice. Loved the mako haze. the sour deisel and nycd was very nice, both tasted to maybe be the same cutting but good nonetheless. I like the martian mean green it had a really nice buzz but the taste wasnt for me. My favorite was also not a cup entry, i think everyone knows whos were talking about, and thanks for the samples-tasty to say the least. Made my nose burn, not many did there. Knock out high too. I guess og is really what its cracked up to be if grown right by the right person. the waterworks was the best hash i had. tasty and full bubble. really nice. stella was very tasty and loved the chocolope also. must grabs if in town, nice taste and high. the resin had really nice hassan. their nederhash entry wasnt worth the price (even with judge discounts) so i didnt purchase, but i got a sample. buddahs cheese was very nice at expo, really nice shaking his hand. Overall decent smoke from the cup and overpowering smoke from members. Thats all i can say. too bad members cant enter. maybe thats why, they know how good they can do. Peace everyone, hope the microreport helped

vodoochild

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
bullseye mate, were you one of peters mates? cool that you signed up.

great mini report vodoochild. that's just what people want to know. where to go, what to buy etc. john sinclair and the makko haze were both rather good, i preffered the JS of the two. The kahuna sample was tasty, don't know about the high as we were very stoned already at that point in time.

bLEEp

who was the breeder fro the Rokerij's NLS Diesel, it was a great tasting, pretty soney sample. Now that I am home from the cup, going over notes, that is one i would like to buy, trhat i totally forgot to check whom the breeder was...any help?
bLEEp

G

how often do these strains hang around in the coffeeshops or more simply how often do the coffeshops change their strains? im going next spring and the chocolope sounds delicious! What is it and where is it from? Cheers

peter

chocolope

chocolope

Somone told me it was from d.n.a and it was re-named d-line or LA confidential or somthing i cant remeber but it was one of the best cofeeshop weeds i smoked

G

Bifta....you're better off just being nice to the bartender and ask him/her to point out the most potent, or most aromatic out of the bunch that they currently have on stock.....names dont really mean a thing in amsterdam coffeeshops. Just because there was a good batch in june doesn't mean there's a good one in november. gabeesh??

G

I understand but i'm not sure how many coffeeshops would be totally honest and sell me their best stuff if I asked for it. probably what they got most of at the time.
I know most strains come and go but don't some stay around if it's an instant classic like nyc diesel and sweet tooth quite a few coffeeshops sell them still. I've not tasted one that's had a chocolate taste yet.Grey areas always good. i hope they still have the chocalupe(now named d-line as peter pointed out) when i visit in spring. its chocolate thaiXcanteloupe sativa and 100% sativa
sounds like a bitch to grow even in amsterdam. Maybe it's grown in spain? i heard more and more of the dutch are having their weed grown there now.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
There are some coffeeshops that make their reputation by serving quality, you just have to be conscious about what coffeeshops you visit.
If it's not rush hour and you strike a conversation with the weed seller, he might just notice that you are a guy who knows his stuff, and he'll be eager to impress you. Then again if you're not, he might just sell you anything. As long as it's the most expensive it's the best, right?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes indeed RosyCheeks, if they are not rushed off their feet you can get good advice by showing that you know what good bud is. it's even easier if you have some killer bubble to hold under his nose lol. but during the cup the dealers in the coffee shops were always pretty stressed out.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
just ask them if you can have a look at the strains you like. they will let you see and smell them.