What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CSN-17

I

In Vino Veritas

It seems damn cost effective and efficient for the vegetative cycle.. Should save you a few bucks if you can cut half your nute costs down by cutting corners in veg...food for thought.

I wouldn't be so quick to close the case on it, he said himself that he might not have ferted properly. Like I said, I've been using it for a loooong time, the only time my buds have ever tasted chemmy was when I didn't flush properly. If you feel like cutting out the flush time and not flushing your medium weekly then ofcourse, CNS will be bad for you because it will produce chemmy buds. But if you choose to flush properly and water with fresh water only once per week, you can have a HUGE yield, for CMEMORY, that is EASY.

I love the stuff and will rep it till I die.

G

Uh oh... do we have a new contender in the one part nutrient battle... is their attempt at a better cns17...

Botanicare Power Plant (3 - 1 - 4): One Part Grow Formula w/ Silicate Power Plant contains all 16 elements known to be essential for plants, not just nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium found in most other liquid plant foods. The elements are carefully combined in delicately balanced proportions to produce optimal plant growth.

Botanicare Power Flower (2 - 2 - 5) One Part FlowerFormula w/ SilicatePower Flower is specially formulated to maximize floral induction and development in flowering plants. Like POWER PLANT, POWER FLOWER contains a full complement of essential elements. However, it is fortified with extra phosphate, potassium, sulfur, selected trace elements, and plant vitamins to unleash the total flowering potential of flower-bearing plants.

Last edited:

20kw dreams

I think the PBP line and power line have been around ror longer then "new" IS, it's more that they are not 1 part, because they don't have the Ca and Mg required for coco.

I do believe that any nute is fine for coco though after the initial veg phase.

Good for you surfinbob:tup:

I should be workin towards pure legume based N, and Sea based P organics though, that's where the real love is at.

G

well now I feel like an ass, thanks 20k:rasta: Either way, its new to me.

Last edited:
I

In Vino Veritas

20kw dreams said:
I should be workin towards pure legume based N, and Sea based P organics though, that's where the real love is at.

Word to that, :joint:...

Yeap, I agree, organics have always been the tastiest buds for me. I run organics on the side... Ocean Forest with all the guanos and beneficials... tasty for sure. I sometimes cheat and add some CNS to make those buds fill out a bit more cause hey we all know organics don't exactly offer huge yields.

The actual ferts in CNS-17 must occupy a small portion of the volume of CNS. The majority of the product seems to be this elmers-like matrix which I’m sure serves an important function.

I was wondering what happens to the white “stuff” that the ferts are suspended in. Does it persist in the coco? Is it removed in the final flush? Does it cause any problems at all?

cesartime

Ive never reused coco, as it seems to be too much of a pain in the ass to seperate all those roots from the coco, but I do get some salt build-up on top of my bags occasionally. Not much of a problem at all though And in 2 weeks or so i will be able to comment on if the buds taste chemmy or not. Jury is still out on that one.

When I mix my CNS into the res, it just makes the feed water a cloudy white color, I dont see any solid precipitates in the solution. And to tell the truth, i got more precipitates when i was using the PBP line, the LK and the PBP bloom would float down to the bottom of the res and coat my mag-drive pump in brown sludge that ive had to clean off every 2 weeks or so. Since switching to the CNS there is no more buildup on my pump.

cesartime

I gotta co-sign that man on this statement...

I gotta co-sign that man on this statement...

surfingrob said:
I wouldn't be so quick to close the case on it, he said himself that he might not have ferted properly. Like I said, I've been using it for a loooong time, the only time my buds have ever tasted chemmy was when I didn't flush properly. If you feel like cutting out the flush time and not flushing your medium weekly then ofcourse, CNS will be bad for you because it will produce chemmy buds. But if you choose to flush properly and water with fresh water only once per week, you can have a HUGE yield, for CMEMORY, that is EASY.

I love the stuff and will rep it till I die.

Simply put, the yeild difference between CNS and the straight PBP line which you need to put 3-4 parts into to get good results in coco is of no comparisson.

Ive kinda came to the conclusion that for the most part here on ICmag we are pot snobs most of the time, for those of us who are trying to maximize yeild and make the most out of our rooms with the least amount of effort CNS is the best thing ive came across so far, if it requires some extra flushing versus adding 2-3 more parts just to obtain respectable results ill do the extra flushing because plain water and some Ph down is shitloads cheaper than using cal-mag, lk, and all the other goodies that are pushed on us by botanicare and whatever other nute companies.

Ive came to evaulate some things like this: you got things that are plugged by us on the internet which is new top of the line cutting edge shit which is good, but you have to go what will bring you top dollar/yield for your hard earned nute dollar. So my philosophy is to research and learn on the internet, but to act locally on what is moving in my market. If i go into the hydro store and chat with my guy and he tells me they move 20-40 gals of PBP a month, but on the other hand they cant keep the CNS in stock to the tune of 100-200 gals a month of the CNS, im gonna **** with the CNS, because that is the stuff on the street that is pulling 400+ a zip.

When you take your product to a house and your full of that "im all organic, top of the line product", and it doesnt sell as well as the clown who is pumping full strength GH or whatever other chem nute. You got to re-evaluate your approach. Maybe that speaks to my skill level, but then again if i can get better results for half the price and half the defficency chasing then it seems worth more of my time than something I have to work/spend 2-3 times as much to obtain results that are somewhat comparable.

Just my take on what ive learned by being self-taught from ICmag and the like , and what actually pulls in the dollars on the streets.

20kw dreams

OldMan&theWeed said:
The actual ferts in CNS-17 must occupy a small portion of the volume of CNS. The majority of the product seems to be this elmers-like matrix which I’m sure serves an important function.

I was wondering what happens to the white “stuff” that the ferts are suspended in. Does it persist in the coco? Is it removed in the final flush? Does it cause any problems at all?

After hearing of VT's experience trying to flush that shit out, it kind of worries me. I mean, is this stuff approved for use on edible crops? Whatever it is, it is preventing the precipitates from forming.

cesartime

According to my local hydro store, its made for use on "consumable product". And by what it says on the back of the bottle, "is suitable for use on fruits, vegetables and flowering plants."

So id assume that people eating/smoking the finished product produced with said fert should be safe. But once again, i am not finished w/ flower yet so its pure speculation on if there is going to be leftover chems in the bud.

However, im curious as to if this concern goes back to "pot snobbery" because when high dollar pot goes out on the street, i never hear of a complaint about a small amount of chem taste, or even the spark from burning chems for that matter.

Not my preference, but in my experience some people beleive that the bud that sparks is "hydro" and then is inherently good.

Complete ignorance, I know. But for those of us who arent jumping through hoops to please the organic pot gods (most commersh ops) its right up our alley.

And maybe its just totally a local market thing, im sure out west in cali and the like people have more variance for their 400+ per zip but in other places where high grade isnt so prevalent im sure a lil chem taste will go over just fine.

Its like this is the "whole foods" of pot, where we want top of the line fully organic pot, nothing wrong with that at all, but most people are just fine shopping @ their local safeway, or whatever grocery chain they have at their disposal.

20kw dreams

Well, I think MOST people would rather a nug be more potent then super clean and organic, but organic herb does taste smoother. I don't really want to get into this old argument here though.

It's not the "chemy" of the herb I would be worried about with the CNS, but VT is saying it tastes like the CNS shit.

cesartime

Verdict is in, CNS does not leave a heavy chem taste..

Verdict is in, CNS does not leave a heavy chem taste..

7 days of dry, no cure whatso ever. I passed out a few samples today, and I got nothing but superb reviews, no chem spark, no chem taste, nothing but ultra dank star.

I guess next i would do a side by side with the CNS and the pbp bloom, but i see no need, so far so good. The star is gonna be completley offloaded a day after dry.

So, here is to the CNS. 25 bux a gallon, plant crack my girls love it, i love it and most importantly the custos love it.

Im no one in the weed blogging community but as far as I am concerned, the CNS 17 is the way to go...

I'll update w/ final pictures of my star tomorrow.

I'm starting a 4kw coco grow soon and will be using CNS17 as my flowering nute. I'm going to run it straight with nothing else added. R.O. and CNS17 only. I've had great results with it and expect even great results from switching over to the good botanicare coco for my entire grow.

Cesar, my ladies also love the stuff, it grows so fast for how simple it is. I don't get any chemmy smell or taste either, and my bowls ash is white when i'm done with it.

cesartime

this run that just came down was 21 plants 1800w 1gal coco bags hand watered daily.

Feeding was started @ 700ppm at the onset of flower, and i ran em all the way up to 1800ppm to finish em off.

Next run is 3400w 60 plants 1gal bags as always, and plenty of the CNS.

G

any updates?

any updates?

cesartime, surfingrob, what are your flush times like? Just got some samples of this stuff, and want to try it on some random plants. Oh , one more Q, when using RO water, do you still need pHdown?
The pH localy is 7.5+ so it's ladin with Ca, and other stuff. Im going to mix some up with tap and see what I get.

Idont have a pen so Ill just follow the directions on the bottle and bump it up if needed.

Peace.
Das.