What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just tipped my PIMP cup your way Avanish....excellent dank buds!

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ty mega.... im lookin forward to chop time.

pullin fan leaves from now till then.... prolly let them run dry then give a slightly extended dark cycle right before chop.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Nice towers. Just be on the lookout for dildo baggins. He likes to snatch up frosty nuggets. I'm getting ready to pull my first vert run next tuesday-I can't wait......

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chop coming this week sometime....
still nothing but straight water for nearly 2 full weeks now.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like harvy will be on friday, giving these plants about 75 days total.... plenty of time

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chopping now....
not seeing any amber trichs, milky enough i suppose....
choppin now anyhow.

21lnx4h.jpg

166botc.jpg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HARVEST

HARVEST

Workin top down from the towers, taking all chunk D's in cups and leaving all flo crosses in base pots.

oz30g.jpg

CHOP!!!

single cup plant:
picture.php

top cola:
picture.php

side branch:
picture.php

mid tower plant:
picture.php

^^ultra bonsai'd out chunky D

we are taking our time w the harvy.... taking our time & enjoying it, doin' a more meticulous job than normal.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mid tower plant, extra stinky this on is for some reason...
picture.php

close-up of the top nug from that plant.
picture.php

Uncut plant, in base pot, PINK pheno flo x grimm, lookin sexy, smelling like strawberry ice cream juicy-ness:
picture.php

D

DHF

Plant numbers dictate yield......period.....If yas can stack them cup towers side by side close enough to create that perfect sideways canopy with no holes , then yas`re headed down the faster path to Nirvana.....

Many ways ta skin a mule and all setups take tweakin , so if yas`re set up to run buncha plantlets/budsicles by end of cycle then handle it.....

Just think how many yogurt cup fully rooted cuts immediately flipped 12/12 yas could set on shelves/racks with stacked bulbs FTW......lol.....

Budsicles baybeee....:moon:.......or crop circles/weed donuts.......matters not......just....whatever direction yas finally focus on.....

Keep dialin my buddy......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of 5 towers, 2 of them had a similar issue with the second cup down from the top, both lower yielding and leaves were more "dead" than yellowing....

this is something im thinking is related to the molecule weight problem bobblehead pointed out waaaay back when the design was being talked about and first put together, then he reminded me of it in this post:

Well Avi, I'm about 90% certain about what your problem is... It's a design flaw, and I tried telling Jbonez/Zodiac about it. Maybe you'll listen.

Molecules each have their own weight, and are affected by gravity accordingly. Once you add your nute solution, it doesn't stay in solution. The molecules separate, with the heavier ones falling to the bottom and the lighter ones staying toward the top. This also effects pH, creating a different pH at different levels. This is why we add a pump to our reservoirs, to add energy to keep things in solution. This is also why with my racks, I put a separate bag on each level. In my octagon, I use wide but short bags, to keep the root zone more heterogeneous.

It's science...

Sorry dude... but the design won't perform how you want it to and you're going to keep chasing this problem.

aside from the slight yellowing i noticed mid flowering...
this 2nd cup from the top die out is pretty noticeable in finished bud size and smell (greener than dank).
BUT
only on 2 towers, other 3 are nice top to bottom, all yellowed out nicely as nutes were taken away, but leaves aren't DEAD.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant numbers dictate yield......period.....If yas can stack them cup towers side by side close enough to create that perfect sideways canopy with no holes , then yas`re headed down the faster path to Nirvana.....

Many ways ta skin a mule and all setups take tweakin , so if yas`re set up to run buncha plantlets/budsicles by end of cycle then handle it.....

Just think how many yogurt cup fully rooted cuts immediately flipped 12/12 yas could set on shelves/racks with stacked bulbs FTW......lol.....

Budsicles baybeee....:moon:.......or crop circles/weed donuts.......matters not......just....whatever direction yas finally focus on.....

Keep dialin my buddy......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

I hear ya....
plant count dictates yield, FTW rule #... top ten somwhere right DHF? colosseum growing at least def.

alas....

not trying to be contrary.... but

with these larger cups.

i think i could hit higher yields veg longer than with budsicles
similar to how i did this run, but train LESS maybe.... and add a tower or 3 to the mix and really cram them in there....
seems like the lesser trained towers did a lil better, and i maybe took out a lil TOO much under growth... considering even lil "popcorn" buds of this chunky D are dense and not super tiny either.

i think running budsicles has got to be strain dependent.....
just like what im talking about could possibly work well w this chunky D.

picture.php

^^^ one of 2 or 3 top colas off a chunky D top up plant...
just seems like growing 3 of these on one plant is gonna do better than growing one per plant.
then again, i'd have to do 3 or 4 x as many cups, prolly in smaller cups even.... and we are back where we started w plant count dictates yeild....

and the plants i have lined up for next towers are all Flo, so.... exp w the chunky twisty towers is out the window now, new strain new rules , eh?

and
next run i think i gonna be 2 towers and 3 or so "trees" to compare to the towers....

kinda like Jblez was doin in his (now dead're'n hell) thread.
wonder what ole j & D are up to....

focus avi.

:blowbubbles:

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^not part of the twisty towers, but shared the space, got fed the same, 3 lil plants from seed, kickdown from sum1.... the mystery bucket.

picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^ "blue" pheno of my flo x ogkush cross, grown in a base pot from one of the towers, smells very grapey, has an ogk plant structure, distinct rounded buds, like golf balls, unlike other spire shaped buds from this cross, a different expression for sure!