What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuk

apparently last night the 1k w lite did not cut on, so a 150w was hung over the cup colloseum just to keep them happy & on schedule.

im told the ballast "sounds" on & feels on, so could be the bulb or fixture, or really could still be a contact or something perhaps in the ballast.

I think what will happen is :
I will replace the 1k w setup with a fully working 600 w lite, i think the setup will benefit from lower temps and perhaps finishing under lower light will keep trichs from degrading, and possibly allow me to pull the towers closer to the light.
kinda bummed that about downgrading the light, so it may not happen if i can just keep it running as is, get it back to running how it should that is.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for the record this is the 2nd time i've had trouble w the light in this room, bummer for me.

also
im beginning that "nute taper" thinkin ill go 5g maxi now this week, perhaps drop the N entirely after that... then flush, we'll see what that does

whatthe215

Veteran
i had a ballast flip to a socket with no lamp, so it did the whole noise thing with no light... happened a couple times actually cuz i'm an idiot but the point is the last time i went into the room and the ballast was smoking a ton. smelled like absolute electronic cancer.

whatever, i was glad the whole house didn't go up in flames. be careful man.

rocket1

If it's buzzing & no light It the cap take your"s out it will have the numbers you need there 5 to $ 10 on flee bay

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for the record this is the 2nd time i've had trouble w the light in this room, bummer for me.

also
im beginning that "nute taper" thinkin ill go 5g maxi now this week, perhaps drop the N entirely after that... then flush, we'll see what that does

I believe several other vert growers here (much better than me) do this exact thing, cut the N to a low or out all together and slowly drop the EC feeding until your basicly just flushing.....we do that and one thing I "consistantly" get feedback from clients on is how smooth and tasty my bud is.....just a thought and your totally KILLING IT MANG!!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe several other vert growers here (much better than me) do this exact thing, cut the N to a low or out all together and slowly drop the EC feeding until your basicly just flushing.....we do that and one thing I "consistantly" get feedback from clients on is how smooth and tasty my bud is.....just a thought and your totally KILLING IT MANG!!

thanks mega, 4 the kind words of encouragement :huggg:

also.....

ya nute taper.
i may cut the N out as early as this weekend, which would be day 46 out of 70..... is that too long for these lil plants to go w.o Nitrogen? considering that the last 14 days will be no nutes at all.....

I always want to see the plants "eat themselves" a lil be4 harvy, but also dont want to stop or slow growth at the last few weeks....

any thoughts?

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks mega, 4 the kind words of encouragement :huggg:

also.....

ya nute taper.
i may cut the N out as early as this weekend, which would be day 46 out of 70..... is that too long for these lil plants to go w.o Nitrogen? considering that the last 14 days will be no nutes at all.....

I always want to see the plants "eat themselves" a lil be4 harvy, but also dont want to stop or slow growth at the last few weeks....

any thoughts?

Yes..I have some thoughts....my "gro-bro" and I just had a lengthy discussion about this. We have 2 schools of thought here 1) Feed right up until you get ready to flush, that can be as long as 1-2 weeks (I am a HUGE believer in proper flushing) or 2) Slowly cut back your EC levels during the last 3-4 weeks but keep SOME feeding as the buds are packing on weight (and some strains this happens a HUGE amount in the last few weeks)....until you hit a point (your decision) to stop feeding and simply flush, NOW one thing we just hit upon...we were using Clerex for flushing when gro-bro noticed that Clerex is mostly a sugar....simple glucoses..kinda brings up that whole thing of old school heads hitting their buds with straight molassas at the end of flowering to give them that last load of carbs, so what WE did on this last run was slowly cut the EC (feeding) level down until the last 2 weeks then for about 9 days we just fed , (so to speak), with Clerex, not every day though, and then flushed for about a week with just plain PH'd filtered water. If you read recently we just had my OG Kush x UK Cheese tested at SC Labs ..it hit 25.7% total active cannabinoids so either we got real lucky or we did "something" right.....I would like to believe the later.

Im sure everyone you talk too will have their own opinion, some just kinda just dial it in as they go, but I like to have a plan. This is just what WE did Avanish, you do what YOU want to do, obviously you know what your doing since that shit looks like dank fire!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad 2 have u & ur "gro-bros" input here, thanx agian.

another variable concerning flushing is my unique setup....
with that column of grow material, nearly 4 feet high, i am wondering what different circumstances this will cause during the flush....

how many people have to flush 4 feet vertical of medium? altho its not THAT much shit, it's still oriented vertically in a column rather than a mass in a pot on the floor.

anyhooo.
im gon flush how i do, cut the N taper the nutes, maybe some clearex maybe not (i do have half-a-bottle left over)

rocket1

If you different light bulb .
when the transform go out it short out and will flip your breaker . when you open it up look for louse are broken wire first

Mister_D

Veteran
Avi & Mega - Couple things I would like to add for consideration to your conversation about N cutting and flushing. Like most techniques used in growing, cutting nitrogen towards the end of flower is plant dependent. When to start reducing and by how much have to be dialed for each plant. Generally speaking more indica leaning plants will require higher N levels for longer into flower (up until week 5-6 of 8-9), than a more sativa leaning plant (week 8-10 of 12-14). The () recommendations are just ball park ideas based on real world expeience, every plant is different. Likewise flushing methods are also to a degree plant dependent (i.e heavy feeders generally need less, while light feeders need longer). Then you need to consider media type, hydrotron needs alot less flush time than coco to achieve the same effect (I know both of you are in coco, just adding for clarification and complete information), and the amount of nutes you actually gave to your plants over the course of the grow including bloom boosters, and magic potions of all kinds. <--- That means anything that isn't a base nute, i.e grow, bloom, and/or/if using a three part, micro. Need to know the amounts of your base nutes also, but additives tend to make a good/longer flush more important. This is really important to understand when using medias with a high capacity to hold onto nutes (i.e. coco and peat), and other things found in the magic potions. Sugars are useful for feeding the bacteria found in any root zone. However if your plant finds itself needing to be supplemented with extra sugar you are failing to meet it's basic nutrient requirements. The reason we are able to flush in coco or soil with straight water for 2+ weeks before a plant has consumed most of it's reserves is because the media is holding on to nutrients and releasing them as the plant requires. As long as you feed properly (ratio and concentration) throughout a plants life, it will slowly consume itself just as it would if left to nature. You know you've got it right when your leaves look like the trees outside in autumn at harvest. All my opinion of course :biggrin:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for that input Mr. D, I appreciate ur experiences and I think u r spot on w ur thinking...

so it was the ballast, probably the cap. like rocket said.
replaced it with a 600w, breaks my heart to downgrade, so we hung a 150w horizontally just above the top nugs, a lil extra supplemental for this light greedy lil ghetto - grower.

plants are looking good, maxi is down to 4g per gal till sometime late next week, then ill go to straight water flush.

also, i am now feeding a lil extra solution to each tower, getting a lil more run off than usual.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avi & Mega - Couple things I would like to add for consideration to your conversation about N cutting and flushing. Like most techniques used in growing, cutting nitrogen towards the end of flower is plant dependent. When to start reducing and by how much have to be dialed for each plant. Generally speaking more indica leaning plants will require higher N levels for longer into flower (up until week 5-6 of 8-9), than a more sativa leaning plant (week 8-10 of 12-14). The () recommendations are just ball park ideas based on real world expeience, every plant is different. Likewise flushing methods are also to a degree plant dependent (i.e heavy feeders generally need less, while light feeders need longer). Then you need to consider media type, hydrotron needs alot less flush time than coco to achieve the same effect (I know both of you are in coco, just adding for clarification and complete information), and the amount of nutes you actually gave to your plants over the course of the grow including bloom boosters, and magic potions of all kinds. <--- That means anything that isn't a base nute, i.e grow, bloom, and/or/if using a three part, micro. Need to know the amounts of your base nutes also, but additives tend to make a good/longer flush more important. This is really important to understand when using medias with a high capacity to hold onto nutes (i.e. coco and peat), and other things found in the magic potions. Sugars are useful for feeding the bacteria found in any root zone. However if your plant finds itself needing to be supplemented with extra sugar you are failing to meet it's basic nutrient requirements. The reason we are able to flush in coco or soil with straight water for 2+ weeks before a plant has consumed most of it's reserves is because the media is holding on to nutrients and releasing them as the plant requires. As long as you feed properly (ratio and concentration) throughout a plants life, it will slowly consume itself just as it would if left to nature. You know you've got it right when your leaves look like the trees outside in autumn at harvest. All my opinion of course :biggrin:

Thank you Mister D for going into more depth than I wanted too...great points you make here!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cut the maxi out entirely after a week of 5-4 g per gal, now im feeding with nothing but MOAB from madfarmer, good stuff..... 0-52-32 that will be fed till wed or so of next week, beginning of week 8 i will start flushing for 2 weeks about, planned cut is april 1-3 ish.

picture.php

^verty build-a-tree!!

picture.php

^tops

picture.php

^^ these chunky D nugs are DENSE, not even spongey, but HARD.

:blowbubbles:

forkup

Looks like some good smoke coming your way. I love to see experiments like these coming down to the wire, good job man.

hotboxes

Yeah I start flush tomorrow night also, tonight is the last feed I cut out the maxi like 4 weeks ago and was using flora bloom with koolbloom powder, now it's flora with koolbloom liquid. I have to say its going well so far I am hoping for a better final product then previous runs with maxi all the way till the last 2 weeks of flush they stayed too green by the time I chopped.

Your little creation looks to be paying off Avi, congrats my friend.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no complaints.... yet, i mean could be better & always room for improvement,
I've got ideas for the next round.... whenever that happens.
have lots of lil clones in lil cups.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mid flush update

mid flush update

picture.php

^^^ top nug, nice n diesely & kinda chocolately smell also, or a carob smell, its complex... but not super "loud"

picture.php

^^^ cluster of tops

picture.php

^^^ some of the Chunky D turning a lil purple.... i've seen it go way more purped up...

picture.php

^^^ full tower view....

picture.php

^^^ Another full tower.

few more days of flush, week more at most.

Latest posts

Latest posts