What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very curious about this "media tube" you had made avi :biggrin:.

ya, been some time since I've had it, SRGB has been very cool about sharing info & making it to my specs

it's basically square shaped about 4 inch square, 4 feet long, open at the top, closed at the bottom
has 4 (i think maybe 5 can't remember & it's not in front of me at the moment) horizontal slits where plants will come out of the tube.

pics of the unit will be posted here as soon as i can do it,
I've got a crazy next week or 2 so duno when i'll have net access.
BUT
I'm pretty excited to get it running, still debating what media to use, i was thinking coco & perlite on a drip line, with a single emitter at the open top end of the tube (which can also have a plant in it, coming from the top of the "media tube") either drain to waste or recirculating, not sure yet....
SRGB suggested pure perlite on recirculating drip line
still not sure yet

glad ur interested, Mr. D.
when the tube is filled and being grown in I will start a thread about it in the square root grow bag subforum as well, and probably link to it here as well, since I'm describing it here also.

justiceman

Veteran
Sweet runs! Everything looks great. I'm also very curious about the "media tube". About how tall is that wire fencing? 4ft?

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man,
That Flo x Grimm ("pink" pheno)... Nice...

Great show Avi.

18 pages of good stuff.... Nice....
Dig the training ya pulled off.. Nice...
Lots of good pictures ta look at..(I'm Not much for words) Nice...
Yank the room and clean... Nice...

More to come... Priceless...

:alien:
:respect:
:plant grow:
:smoke out:
:abduct:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks AD, kind words appreciated.

room is still getting cleaned, some curing pics to come.

Jbomber79

Veteran
Yep nice job Av's she really came alive about 4 weeks into 12/12 and phattend up nicely the last few weeks! Looking forward to the next project, upward and onward!

SRGB

Avinash.miles:

Square Root Garden Bag has made me a custom sleeve or "media tube",

Hi, Avinash.miles.

Thanks for your interest in Square Root® Garden Bags, and this particular project. We look forward to viewing your work with the SRBGB Tube.

Mister_D:

Very curious about this "media tube" you had made avi.

justiceman:

Sweet runs! Everything looks great. I'm also very curious about the "media tube".

Hi, Mister_D.

Hi, justiceman.

Link to brief descriptions and illustrations of our new products, SRBGB Tube and SRBGB Backpack. Please PM or post in our subforum if you have any questions.

The SRBGB Tube comes standard with 4 sites. The SRBGB Tube depicted has 16 sites.
Square Root® Brand Garden Bag - Product Gallery #43.

@Avinash.miles
Thanks, again.

Respectfully,
/SRGB/

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first thing i thought when i unrolled the tube from packaging: "strawberry planter" of course! don't know why that had not e occured to me until I held it in my hands,
excited to get it rolling, bt have to deal with lack of clones at the moment, like i said before.

AND
weighed up the final harvest from this room, very disappointed to say it hit under the mark of a Lb, only 11 ounces harvest, sadly.
quality is on par tho, the flo is nice, blu heron (formerly mystery plant) stinks like mad & has since the day it was cut, pink turned out nicely, very sweet berry jam smelling.

D

DHF

first thing i thought when i unrolled the tube from packaging: "strawberry planter" of course! don't know why that had not e occured to me until I held it in my hands,
excited to get it rolling, bt have to deal with lack of clones at the moment, like i said before.

AND
weighed up the final harvest from this room, very disappointed to say it hit under the mark of a Lb, only 11 ounces harvest, sadly.
quality is on par tho, the flo is nice, blu heron (formerly mystery plant) stinks like mad & has since the day it was cut, pink turned out nicely, very sweet berry jam smelling.
Sorry bout the returns Bro , but you are blazin trails even if they ARE ghetto trails...:moon:....IOW....Can`t get anything but better Avi right ?......Good luck with the "strawberry" planters and.....Keep up the hard work my buddy......Big things come in small pkgs.....bet on it....

Peace......Freds.....:ying:.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks fred, I'd REALLY like to do a 1 lighter with nothing BUT towers around the bulb, budsicle style, less veg, lots of cups
go the "plant count dictates yield" direction...
maybe in winter when my clone factory is back up and running.

for now, i think i will crack a shitload of seeds and see what comes of it
on the docket:
walker kush (rare dankness)
chem trail freebie (rare dankness)
Flo-OG (rare dankness)
double deadhead OG
Kens Bay 11 (GDP)
agent orange(TGA)

more i cant remember....

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey bro what's poppin? Just read this thread for knowledge and insight for my new vert setup... I love the idea of the towers and that media tube SRGB made you is awesome!

If you got a sec stop by my thread and make any suggestions...

SecondAttempt

Hey Avi... you pop those Bay 11 yet? I'm sitting on a couple packs trying to decide what to pop next.

Hope all is well... Peace.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not yet, any day now.....

EDIT
popped a buncha seeds, bay 11's included, check out my "fresh start" thread for those.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
v3

v3

cup colosseum v3

Glad to be back chillin in the vert section!!!

this round will be powered by a 600w hps and includes 4 cup towers plus 1 SRGB media tube, all being assembled now, same space, strains will be: 1 tower of flo, 1 tower of chunky Diesel, 1 tower of buddah's sister, 1 mixed tower (chunky diesel, bubba kush, deadhead og (unsexed)), and the SRGB media tube filled with buddah's sister.

picture.php

^^ cup towers

picture.php

^^^ SRGB media tube

Last edited:

SRGB

Avinash.miles:

cup colosseum v3

Glad to be back chillin in the vert section!!!

this round will be powered by a 600w hps and includes 4 cup towers plus 1 SRGB media tube

Hi, Avinash.miles.

What is the media composition? Nutrients? Watering frequency? Approximate amount of accumulated run-off in the external basin after watering?

Best,
/SRGB/

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
media is vermifire soil mixed with extra perlite. for now feeding is just dechlorinated water because this soil is a little bit "hot", fed in some beneficials, but for a week im thinking straight water, the only real base nutes i have at this location is maxibloom, which works fine usually, altho i'd like to try something different this round here....

water runoff is about 2 cups after watering, towers runoff as well as "the sock" or "media tube"

they just now have been transplanted, so I'm not sure of watering frequency yet, will be watching to let soil dry out some. If i had to guess... probably every other day untill they start really drinking, then everyday come mid bloom. (just a guess)

thanks again for the prototype srgb, glad to finally have it in action.

SRGB

Avinash.miles:

media is vermifire soil mixed with extra perlite. for now feeding is just dechlorinated water because this soil is a little bit "hot", fed in some beneficials, but for a week im thinking straight water, the only real base nutes i have at this location is maxibloom, which works fine usually, altho i'd like to try something different this round here....

water runoff is about 2 cups after watering, towers runoff as well as "the sock" or "media tube"

they just now have been transplanted, so I'm not sure of watering frequency yet, will be watching to let soil dry out some. If i had to guess... probably every other day untill they start really drinking, then everyday come mid bloom. (just a guess)

thanks again for the prototype srgb, glad to finally have it in action.

Hi, Avinash.miles.

Thank you.

We posted some illustrations here of a possible configuration. The basic concept was to be able to water when needed. The SRBGB Tube was placed into an external container, similar to your current system.

We sourced a pump that produced enough head (4-5 ft.) to reach from the bottom of the external container to the top of the SRBGB Tube, through flexible tubing. We then poured approximately 1 gallon of solution into the external container.

We preferred inert rocks as the medium due to thorough drainage properties (see illustrations). We then attached the pump to a switch which we be turned on or off.

Another possibility might be to simple have a top fed (gravity) system, where once the approximate amount of water required is determined, affixing an output from a raised reservoir over the top of the SRBGB Tube, which could emit, for example, only 1/3 gallon per 24 hours.

Perlite might tend to distribute moisture rather evenly vertically via capillary action. When mixed with a water-holding soil, the saturation might be well dispersed.

Kind regards,
/SRGB/