What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
week 6

week 6

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no turntable.
just sitting on a 48 inch diameter round folding plastic table, legs folded up. it's basically just a table top, something stable for them to sit on & stabilize the pots.

whatthe215

Veteran
yeah man! that's how you vert baby!

i assume the reflectix wraps the whole thing up when you're not takin' photos?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah man! that's how you vert baby!

i assume the reflectix wraps the whole thing up when you're not takin' photos?

thanks, wt215
and ya, the reflectix just wraps around the whole shebang most of the time, sits on some 2x4 blocks to allow air flow from the bottom.

flush is starting now, after 2 weeks or more of 0-50-30 moab by mad farmer, then one watering w maxi & moab both half strength, now it's time to flush for 10 days of 2 weeks ish.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks lazy,

found some pics from this round that haven't been included here so..... the latest ones being taken just before the metal ring was put in.

2m51do1.jpg

early flower ^^ ^^

2625uo4.jpg

mid flower ^^^^

30sew7d.jpg

top view^^^

2ll22jp.jpg

and last but not least.... the good ole ganja upskirt ^^

at the moment the entire room is flushing, started a lil earlier than planed, round week 7, most of the room is mature & one plant (tange) is finished now, but still needs flushing, she will be very over-ripe by 9.5 weeks chop time, probably will come down first a lil bit early.

Last edited:

Jbomber79

Veteran
Yo Avi-is vert in a tent a good idea? What about putting a lady in there that is already 2 weeks into 12/12? I got re arrange and thinking about trying vert this round.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sure vert can work in a tent, just keep ur environment in line and plants out of the HOT zone close to the bulb.
as for rearranging half way thru or dropping plants in mid way.... don't overcrowd...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
go for it JBombz

im going to start chopping today, taking the tange and probably the blue heron (aka mystery plant), and maybe some top cup plants that didn't perform as well as the rest of the towers.
(they were out of the light).

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trimming the room now,
wow
some major thick bud-age on the flo plants in the towers, middle pots did the best, im guessing cause they were ideally located in the best range of light from the 600w
big thick & juicy

took the tange down and just kept on going, everything has 10 days of flush on them so it's all good in my book, did a "pre-flush" around week 6 for 3 waterings just to make sure no salt buildup and keep soil PH in range.

thick & juicy
gotta love the flo

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

the tange, a mess of a plant, not running it anymore ^^

picture.php

^^ tange nug, showing some spider mite damage, fkn borg

picture.php

^^
one last pic of the tange, probably the last pic you'll see of it coming from my gardens.

picture.php

trimmed tange nug

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flo x Grimm ("pink" pheno)

Flo x Grimm ("pink" pheno)

picture.php

^^ some bottom nugs on the flo x grimm pink pheno, I'm very happy with this plant in this setup.

picture.php

^^ mid tops on the pink

picture.php

^^^ top of the pink

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest Time

Harvest Time

The plants in these towers were over-vegged; thus had to be trained hard to properly use the space they were in, too much training in some cases:
picture.php

picture.php

^^ same plant at harvest time, talk about a "super" crop, big time training, next time i run cup towers I'll be sure not to veg too long, try some budsicles perhaps.

picture.php

^
bigass flo nug from the towers

And this is what the room looks like at the moment:

picture.php

getting a good scrub down, taking the floor up and cleaning the tarp on the floor, won't be long until there is another donut of plants in there.

BUT

next round is planned to be all single plants in single pots, not stacked up at all.
the only reason is that summer temps have made it more difficult to do big numbers cloning & I have many plants ready to go into this room now that are in 3 gals (ish) containers of promix hp & xtra perlite.

so

I guess I will start a new thread for it since there will be no twisted towers in this garden the next round; for now no more crucial cup colosseum, sadly.
I'll link to the new thread here when it's started.

Overall I've been happy with the stacked cup setup, it's fun interesting and simple; last round yeilded an Lb, this round has been better than the last, harvest looks bigger & this round was just a 600w last was half 1kw then 600w last few weeks (when 1k burned out). Quality has been alright, im always looking to do better but truthfully the quality has been satisfying & still better than MOST dispensary or commercial herb in the area.

ALSO

Square Root Grow Bag has made me a custom sleeve or "media tube", basically a smart pot version of my cup colosseum. I received the item a few weeks back & have been awaiting a time to fit it into a garden. There is a CHANCE I can get a few extra clones locally and put the srgb media tube in this room next run.

Thanks to Y'all who tuned in!

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts