What's new

Crossing the motherline! [Roms JLB F7 x CG Durban F2]

What should I grow next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobertFripp

what's the pedigree I need to figure out how long it's gonna take me to replicate it :p
88 G13 Hashplant is a cross of G13 x Nevils Hashplant.

Nevils Hashplant is a cross of PNWHP x NL1/PNWHP. A male was obtained from the f1 cross, and backcrossed into the PNWHP.
Probably be all but impossible to obtain an authentic G13 cut. Same for the PNWHP cut. Bob Hemphill has the original PNWHP cut Nevil used. As does AKBeanBRAINS.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
88 G13 Hashplant is a cross of G13 x Nevils Hashplant.

Nevils Hashplant is a cross of PNWHP x NL1/PNWHP. A male was obtained from the f1 cross, and backcrossed into the PNWHP.
Probably be all but impossible to obtain an authentic G13 cut. Same for the PNWHP cut. Bob Hemphill has the original PNWHP cut Nevil used. As does AKBeanBRAINS.
yup, took me a while to get the joke :p

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Loving how the kerala is slowly inching its way back up the poll
1698090320441.png
How do I get more votes in? any suggestions? help?

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
WARNING! unfortunately due to a bug you can only vote once and if you change your vote it will cancel the second one. Sorry for the inconvenience, try to vote once

meaning chose 2 strains the first time you vote

NM peeps, it seems the bug has been fixed now (?)

for those who "lost a vote" try changing now(?)

Last edited:

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
From a genetics standpoint, the Durban has been pretty well explored, I'd be keen to see what could come of the two lesser known RSC stains, Kerala and the manipuri. That Jamaican does look pretty nice too though.
Jamaican and Kerala, after growing them both, are genetically the closest, very similar terpene profiles, very similar chemotype, very similar morphology, if anything this Jamaican is likely "purer" (or closer in a sense to its common ancestor) than the Kerala because it's not been selected to finish faster to escape eradication efforts (also another hypothesis for how fast kerala finishes, is recent crossing with faster stains, still for the purpose of avoiding seasonal eradication efforts). But all this is speculation until I run a few lab analyses, which is not gonna happen any time soon.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Any more pictures of the Jamaican, or comments on the effects flowering or smell
Unfortunately I can only tell you that it's got longer intenodes, darker complexion reminding me a bit of the Durban (also not excluding that the Jamaican is likely mixed with other Caribbean accessions) , a carrot like terpene profile but with more pinene, sharper than the sickly sweet kerala (which I've been told, sometimes smells like fish).
The good news is that it seems like everyone is keen on seeing it happen 😁