What's new

Crops' GROW ...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been using canna for years and occasionally will do roots org if for veg and they're out of canna. I usually cut it with whatever canna I have left.
I thought it I got a bad batch of canna recently also. I tp all my babes into it and they were fine though so kinda put that to rest. I'm guessing it was my meter being off causing issues. You can only water coco with 6.5 ph for so long before mg and ca issues show up lol.

i chased the problem myself for a couple weeks going through anything that might have changed , meters , nutes , thought my bottle of V/H boost might have gone bad etc ...... everything was just as it should be ..... it all led back to the coco , so i precharged it this time & gave it a good flushing first & the last transplants i did a couple days ago are still looking good . so .......

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know they have the roots soil so im sure they can get the coco ill call and check.

Do you guys mix perlite in with your coco?

nope , no need unless you want an airy mix that needs watering more often . guys do it just for that reason . hydro feeds mean hydro growth . i like the once or twice a day feeds cuz i have no drain set up for the runoff , i have to suck it it out with a shop vac . i guess you can set the feeds to get no runoff or very little so you don't need the drain set up . but i'm the kind of person that sticks to what i know works for me .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 50L bags ..... i want my guy to get the blocks so i can charge them first before using . precharging the bagged stuff is a PIA .

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Nice. Love my Hanna but wish I had a new one like that! Mines many yrs old on its 3rd probe now. Due for #4

I feel ya on the get this run done and on to the next. I got to get the veg back to 100 now first though

Damn dude, I'm shocked you dont use a bluelab( i just use their ph pen). I used hanna's for years also, got a blue lab last summer and it's night and day, holds calibration way better/longer, more accurate also. the hanna seemed like a toy in comparison.

B'cuzz coco is probably one of the pricier options locally but it's WAY better than everything other than canna, which is a close 2nd for me. I've been using b'cuzz straight out of the bag since 2010 with no issues caused by the coco ever, I've tried tupur, canna, botanicaire, nf, and many others...I always end up just dropping the extra $10 a light and go with bcuzz. run it straight out of the bag, there is no benefit to peralite in coco if your pots are sized properly. coco holds 30% air even when fully saturated.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been using the blocks and just breaking them up. Never used coco before so i grabbed the only canna i saw
no , read the directions , put the blocks in a tote & hydrate them with your veg nute mixture at the strength you want (.6 to 1.0 EC ) & make sure the nute mix is PH'ed to 6.0 . its the perfect time to precharge the coco .
if i remember correctly it was 4 gallons of water to hydrate 1 block , put it in & leave it overnight , next day mix it all together good & use it .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
milwaukee & hanna meters are garbage if ya ask me . every one i've ever used was finicky & always needed calibration . pens i use Oakton or Blulab , hand helds is Blulab , you can't beat them for reliability !

thats my 2 cents on it , been through ALOT of meters lol

N

noyd666

four blue labs and one oakton for back up. sweet so far 3 years, rest are in the garbage can. I used to break blocks with big hammer if only needing small amount for clones etc.

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah Oakton is pretty much a piece of crap to been through several. I just picked up one from Anaheim scientific, we'll see how it goes. I hate pH pens. I have been using pH drops as of late.

Dans

Did you narrow down where your problems were coming from? So you now recommend going with roots organic coco and then not feeding til veg? Still trying to catch up bro!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dans

Did you narrow down where your problems were coming from? So you now recommend going with roots organic coco and then not feeding til veg? Still trying to catch up bro!

yeah it had to be the coco , i took what i had left of the canna in the bag & precharged it & ran enough through it to get alot of runoff & waited a couple days for it dry out a bit , then transplanted 2 clones into it in 5" pots , & they've been growing great for the last week !!!

so if your using canna bagged coco , give it a flush & a precharge before using it for awhile or you'll very likely get the problems i was having ! or the roots organic is a good replacement & you only have to feed PH'ed water through it for about a month , great for veg before flowering !!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Oakton is pretty much a piece of crap to been through several. I just picked up one from Anaheim scientific, we'll see how it goes. I hate pH pens. I have been using pH drops as of late.

my Oakton PH pen lasted over 3 years before it went wonky & i'm still using my Oakton TDS pen & its going on 4 years old .

yeah it had to be the coco , i took what i had left of the canna in the bag & precharged it & ran enough through it to get alot of runoff & waited a couple days for it dry out a bit , then transplanted 2 clones into it in 5" pots , & they've been growing great for the last week !!!

so if your using canna bagged coco , give it a flush & a precharge before using it for awhile or you'll very likely get the problems i was having ! or the roots organic is a good replacement & you only have to feed PH'ed water through it for about a month , great for veg before flowering !!!

What about char coir? And glad to hear you figured out your issues brother! That type of stuff can drive a man mad especially when you are so dialed in. Process of elimination baby!

Croptober

Day 54

Day 54

Giving them their first flush tonight. I've grown 40 or so different strains/cultivars in my short time of growing and I would of only kept 4 maybe 5 and dosidos is on that list. It takes the cake this round as my favorite, I highly recommend it if you like OG or cookies. Haven't taken many pics of anything else but ill snap some of them all tonight but in the mean time.

Dosidos
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AOC
picture.php

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Damn dude, I'm shocked you dont use a bluelab( i just use their ph pen). I used hanna's for years also, got a blue lab last summer and it's night and day, holds calibration way better/longer, more accurate also. the hanna seemed like a toy in comparison.

B'cuzz coco is probably one of the pricier options locally but it's WAY better than everything other than canna, which is a close 2nd for me. I've been using b'cuzz straight out of the bag since 2010 with no issues caused by the coco ever, I've tried tupur, canna, botanicaire, nf, and many others...I always end up just dropping the extra $10 a light and go with bcuzz. run it straight out of the bag, there is no benefit to peralite in coco if your pots are sized properly. coco holds 30% air even when fully saturated.
Since I downsized the grow I'm cheap as MF now haha

Dan I got a condensate pump for $50 that would be perfect for you. Only need about 4" off the ground to plumb a table to the pump.
I noticed your on the ground on one of the plots you posted recently. So 4" isn't that much loss of height. I dunno if it's what you wanna do but might ease some work load. I know I don't have to hump my dehuey water anymore and I'm loving it.

Crop. Nice dosido "if you like cookies and og" uh yeah but of course.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I downsized the grow I'm cheap as MF now haha

Dan I got a condensate pump for $50 that would be perfect for you. Only need about 4" off the ground to plumb a table to the pump.
I noticed your on the ground on one of the plots you posted recently. So 4" isn't that much loss of height. I dunno if it's what you wanna do but might ease some work load. I know I don't have to hump my dehuey water anymore and I'm loving it.

Crop. Nice dosido "if you like cookies and og" uh yeah but of course.

i seen you post that with pics on another thread , you've got me thinkin brutha !!! :biggrin: & your right 4" ain't much ! only thing is i have 4 trays right now & eventually 6 ...... thats alot of condensate pumps !