What's new

Crops' GROW ...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I trust my source but you never know and thanks.

Yep finally putting the 600 to use. Hopefully the orange glow doesn't mess with the pics too much.

Looking sweetmy man!! All ya gotta do is change the white balance setting on your phone, to incandescent, and the yellow won't show up. I can't wait to see what you do with that MendoBreath.

Croptober

Looking sweetmy man!! All ya gotta do is change the white balance setting on your phone, to incandescent, and the yellow won't show up. I can't wait to see what you do with that MendoBreath.

I don't think the iPhone has that setting. So far I'm very impressed by the mendo, it grows way faster then any cookie cut I've had and I really like the short and squat structure of them.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
If you hold a piece of white paper under the light you can take great pictures with the Orange glow

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ya the iphone sucks for white balance. no presets or option to set against a white sheet.

just keep your old fluoro handy for the photos. can't beat that light spectrum for the iphone pics.

if you shade the direct HPS light off your subject, then get a fluoro light tight in on it, you'll get nice true colors on the subject plus a pretty orange backdrop.

i use a CFL in a clip on shop lamp for lighting a lot of my pics.

Croptober

If you hold a piece of white paper under the light you can take great pictures with the Orange glow

That's how I got those 4 budshots, but I used a piece of cardboard so it didn't flap from the fan.

ya the iphone sucks for white balance. no presets or option to set against a white sheet.

just keep your old fluoro handy for the photos. can't beat that light spectrum for the iphone pics.

if you shade the direct HPS light off your subject, then get a fluoro light tight in on it, you'll get nice true colors on the subject plus a pretty orange backdrop.

i use a CFL in a clip on shop lamp for lighting a lot of my pics.

Thought about using a cfl too.

Anybody recommend a good dslr camera package? Looking on best buy and they have some for 300 and up. I don't know shit about cameras so any help is appreciated as always.

Croptober

Day 16

Slymer
attachment.php

GG4
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8976.jpg
    IMG_8976.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8977.jpg
    IMG_8977.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 12

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahhh the feeling of seeing hte girls flourish, can't wait!

beautiful garden crop!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
as long as you can set the white balance you'll be able to overcome the orange HPS glow.

the next step is studio lighting---fancy remote flashes, ring flashes, flash diffusers, etc.

then you're gonna start wanting macro lenses, fancy rails, new photo editing software...

have fun!

as long as you can set the white balance you'll be able to overcome the orange HPS glow.

the next step is studio lighting---fancy remote flashes, ring flashes, flash diffusers, etc.

then you're gonna start wanting macro lenses, fancy rails, new photo editing software...

have fun!

I almost went out and bought a $500 macro lens then slapped myself back into reality and realized that's a waste of money heh.

Croptober

have fun!

I almost went out and bought a $500 macro lens then slapped myself back into reality and realized that's a waste of money heh.

I was looking at macro lenses last night found a nice one for $450 ahaha, definitely an expensive hobby. I just want a good camera to get some better quality shots. That Nikon is 24 megapixels compared to my iPhones 8 I'm sure I could see a huge difference with that alone. Any advice?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i dunno you can't really post any of those high rez shots anyway, you'll always have to compress it and lower quality to make it small enough for the web.

you take amazing shots with the iphone, so you're way ahead of someone that doesn't understand the basic elements of composing a good photograph.

lighting is the biggest factor limiting the iphone camera. then it's macro ability. so if you want to save money and keep taking great pics for posting to the web like you have been, all you need is a good lighting solution.

but if you want to progress the hobby and start taking crazy macro shots, the SLR's ability to change lenses and its higher resolution will be super important. any point and shoot from the iphone to a cannon or whatever is not gonna be able to compete.

maybe you could earn back a bit of what you invest down the line? i think there's a niche market developing for large format art prints of canna macros. sell them to cannabusinesses for marketing images. take inventory pictures for high end dispensaries... :biggrin:

Croptober

i dunno you can't really post any of those high rez shots anyway, you'll always have to compress it and lower quality to make it small enough for the web.

you take amazing shots with the iphone, so you're way ahead of someone that doesn't understand the basic elements of composing a good photograph.

lighting is the biggest factor limiting the iphone camera. then it's macro ability. so if you want to save money and keep taking great pics for posting to the web like you have been, all you need is a good lighting solution.

but if you want to progress the hobby and start taking crazy macro shots, the SLR's ability to change lenses and its higher resolution will be super important. any point and shoot from the iphone to a cannon or whatever is not gonna be able to compete.

maybe you could earn back a bit of what you invest down the line? i think there's a niche market developing for large format art prints of canna macros. sell them to cannabusinesses for marketing images. take inventory pictures for high end dispensaries... :biggrin:

Thanks man appreciate the info. I have thought about taking pics for people if I got a camera that would be a cool little side gig.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Thanks man appreciate the info. I have thought about taking pics for people if I got a camera that would be a cool little side gig.

There's definitely a market for it. There's a dude on the Colorado growers thread that takes pictures for dispensaries and breeders both amateur and professional. Easy money if you're good at it which you seem to already be.