What's new

Critique my SOG plans.

F

flat5th

Week 5 update.

Week 5 update.

Week 5 Update (day 36 bloom).

They are bulking up. Sweet.

Did some trimming on unit 2. Hoping to get some better lollipops goin on.

Also gave my moms a decent prune. They are recovering very well.

Long weekend. very tired.

Fifth.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

DjRightHooks

system looks like it is running great! awesome job with the new tray...those buds look dense!

divenosa

5th, just read your thread. I'll be following this one! You and pirate have inspired me to take the aero challenge. I'm all in. Can't wait to see some heavy ladies.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i took her pumps for a test run today...no leaks..i got my abs lids for $55 dollars each from a local industrial plastic supply...im still playen with site numbers and then im gonna start drilling. these are 4x6 trays that i converted, with 27 mister heads and a 1050 gph pump for the 2 trays

P5210025.jpg

P5210024.jpg
i cant find any ABS locally im looking at 150per sheet with shipping -=[

D

DjRightHooks

hey man i hear you on the abs plastic tops..unless you have a plastic supply house near you, your sort of shit out of luck..anyways i was at my hydro store the other day and they had some cool trays there..they had 2x4 botanicare trays with tops that sealed perfectly..Perfect for aero projects like these..Look into it a little bit, I did and found alot of different size trays with tops that fit perfect for aero..

joseaf

You can use plywood painted with marine paint and seal with it with a poly coating. There are people that build aquariums with plywood. do a google search.

APPLY PAINT IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA, PREFERABLY OUT-OF-DOORS, AND MOST ESPECIALLY AWAY FROM THE AIR SUPPLY INTAKE. THE FUMES ARE HIGHLY TOXIC, AND MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS IN HUMANS IF THEY ARE CONCENTRATED AND EXPOSURE IS PROLONGED.

1. Apply epoxy paint to all exposed wood surfaces of tank.

2. Make coat of paint as thin as possible, while covering the wood surfaces completely, because the paint runs easily.

3. Allow coat to dry overnight.

4. Fill all cracks and holes with autobody putty, making as smooth a surface as possible.

5. Sand entire surface, using 120-grit paper or power sander, and apply second coat.

Again, insure that the coat is as thin as possible, to avoid running paint.

6. SANDING DETAILS

● Use the 120-grit sandpaper for sanding the first two coats of epoxy paint.
● 220-grit for sanding the third coat, in preparation for the fourth or final finish coat.

(If power sander is used. then the sanding pressure applied would be less for the last coat.)

7. Repeat procedure in steps until four (4) coats of the epoxy paint are applied.

I have seen a plywood tank and it was big and water tight.

F

flat5th

Week 6 update.

Week 6 update.

Week 6 Update (Day 42 Bloom):

Lookin good. Still bulking up a bit. The trichomes are all cloudy, an amber here or there. They come down in a week regardless.

Unit 2 is kinda cool. All the clones here were just rag tag left overs and a bunch taken from a dying mom. I Lollipopped them using PistolWhipt's method. I don't think it worked 100% on all of them, but i can see it's potential and i'm gonna try and do it in veg from now on. See the photos.

Moms Are looking good. Still slow going. Clones are rooting.

I started some seeds. 4 Supermutts (a friend's cross) and 3 Serious Seeds Chronic.

that's about it.
Next up. Chop Chop.
Fifth.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
looking good 5th...how many spots you gonna drill in on the 4x6? also wondering the two different units you are using i see a big size difference... do you jsut flower sooner with little or no veg? do you like it like that or with the support and bigger.... thanks in advance looks good bro....

F

flat5th

how many spots you gonna drill in on the 4x6?

4x6? I didn't get any 4x6 tops. You must be thinking of DJRightHooks. I've got 30"x30" x 1/4" white ABS. But either way...I currently have 25 plants in each unit. I'm gonna stick with that for a few grows and try to perfect my lollipopping.

Right now, with 25 main colas and some decent undergrowth, it looks like i could squeeze a few more plants in. But in unit 2, where i lollipopped them differently, each plant has at least 2-6 main tops, which is gonna fill the canopy a bit better. So i'm gonna stick with that for now. When i do put my new tops on, i may squeeze another row of 5 in for 30 plants per unit.

also wondering the two different units you are using i see a big size difference... do you jsut flower sooner with little or no veg? do you like it like that or with the support and bigger....

Yeah, I started Unit 2 3 weeks after Unit 1. I'm running 2 units so that i can harvest 25 plants every 4 weeks. If you look back to the beginning of the log you can see pics of how big they were when i put each unit into flower.

Unit 1 Day 1: http://icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=1582&pictureid=58485

Unit 2 Day 1: http://icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=1582&pictureid=70184

Unit 2 will catch up soon enough. just you wait.

Fifth.

SKUNK420

LUCKY GUY

LUCKY GUY

i took her pumps for a test run today...no leaks..i got my abs lids for $55 dollars each from a local industrial plastic supply...im still playen with site numbers and then im gonna start drilling. these are 4x6 trays that i converted, with 27 mister heads and a 1050 gph pump for the 2 trays

P5210025.jpg

P5210024.jpg

Great work Flat5th.

DJRightHooks you making me jealous that you get to test your system in your backyard. I hate being stuck working and building in a hot cramped bedroom. Not being able to use the garage or backyard because of security issues sucks. Can't wait to see the finish product.

D

DjRightHooks

haha thanks man...i was still sketched out a lil bit but none of my neighbors were home lol! i just finished these trays up 96 sites. cant wait to fill them up.I want to get a new strain for this run. any suggestions/help?

P5240005.jpg

P5240001.jpg

P5220041.jpg

P5220046.jpg

P5300055.jpg

Btw i had to screw driver these out 192 times :joint:
P5300052.jpg

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I bet that was a bitch i know i only had to do around 12 and that sucked real bad. So i feel you on that. props on the build sweet table.

F

flat5th

DJ...

WICKED! that is sweet bro.

2 things to watch out for:

1: can you reach all the plant sites with ease?
2: are you getting good coverage with your sprayers? You may find you'll need to add a couple more in the near future. It'll cover much differently when there's roots all over the place. Give it a good test. You'll see what needs to be done. (of course, it could be fine.)

how big of a pump are you using?

I know what you mean about prying those holes out of the saw. what a pain in the ass.

fifth.

G

guest101

It shows you have done your homework!!
Good luck with the system!

D

DjRightHooks

hey fifth good shit man thanks for the pointers

I am using 1050 gph EcoPlus pump for each tray. I didnt like the pressure it was getting with just one. I am running 2 pumps in ONE res for both of these trays. If one of these pumps goes out atleast there will be another one in there.btw my 1050 pump can run both of these trays, just way better pressure with TWO :)
The misters get really good coverage but i have something up my sleeve already built if this mister setup needs help during the grow ;)
I am currently setting up a new room so this setup wont be running for a few weeks.

F

flat5th

DJ - Sounds good man.

How big is your res? 2 pumps in one res is gonna heat that water up quick. Consider a chiller or on/off pump timers to keep the heat down.

i like it a lot!

has pirate seen it? i know he'd get a kick out of it.

Fifth.

D

DjRightHooks

hey thanks Flat5th, as for the res its gonna be about 50 galllons in there at all times.
i can run the pumps inline,but was thinking a chiller would help out with summer and all that.
Pirate? well i hope he chimes in soon ;) i know something needs critiquing;).hehe

ALso as for getting in there and working i think i can pull it off..its not too much of a stretch

5th cant wait for the chop man!

F

flat5th

5th cant wait for the chop man!

You and me both brother. My May harvest died on me at 7 weeks (root rot, very undeveloped buds). Been smokin the scraps of that trying to get by until this first aero unit is done.

peace!
Fifth.