What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Mass bilbo cut, anyone still run it?

N

NewAgeGenetics

I grew the CM from the yellow paper pack MNS stock around 2002 and found the same pheno like the Bilbo cut. it was my outdoor favourite.

I heard its a very fashionable cut in Spain.

anyone still run this cut?

hola amigos!

leet

Yes it's very popular in Barcelona. But there are also many critical clones in barcelona so you really have to have the final product or look live plants while growing to know for sure you are getting the exact cut. Either way there are many critical cuts around here. What do you want to know about it ? I have also found it in a yellow pack back in 2005. Very nice taste and pleasant high ( I prefered it to many other stuff I grew along, very good yield too ). I didnt keep clones cause I really prefer smoking other plants like SSH or Nevils haze but I miss how easy these plants were to grow and how big the yield was!

N

NewAgeGenetics

yea and its very early outdoors, my plant from seed finished in late September with crazy high yield! and the stem was sturdy, birds could chillin on the branches!

question is that who grows this cut here?

kushedy

I'm on my 2nd run of Dinafem critical plus 2 which according to the lineage is the bilbo cut. It seems to be Sativa dominant though which is unusual for a Critcal. Everyone who has sampled it has loved it.
Flowering done in 50 days & a sold yeild.
I know that critical is not that fashionable these days but I can't fault this strain.

N

NewAgeGenetics

welcome kushedy!

yes, Dinafem says that C+ 2.0 is CM Bilbo fem, but as you said unusual sativaish.

my old CM in 2002 I think was better than the bilbo cut, it would be fashionable for sure because it was unusual early and potent and yielded great. I had luck but it was 15 years ago. lol

Fuel

I know that critical is not that fashionable these days but I can't fault this strain.

You can.
The original (from girona) is highly sensible to the local wineyard mildiew, but i dare to say that it's the only bad trait of this cut. Solid yield and incredible leaf/flower ratio, stretch like an old nothern light (you're affraid until you see the first bud formations), rock nugs that explode in the grinder with a strong and very sweet/sugared odor, industrial cloning performances, fast, vigorous, decent potency (same that the old B52) ... but below what the SCBB have to offer, to compare.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I tried a friends C+ 2.0 and it was surprisingly nice, different, it had hints of lemon you don't get in Critical, it may well be Critical x Widow, knowing Dinafem. Still not something I would seek out to smoke, ever.

The market in Spain is sick of critical, people with no imagination grow it constantly, it is also a really boring buzz, but it does have a nice sweet skunky afghani smell and there are plenty of markets that are not fed up with it

Do u guys no if this cut is in the uk at all would like to try it. The only critical iv tried in uk has been very bland tasting

dezman

Yes lots of people growing critical in spain. I will never understand why. The high is really meh! But she is really fast and i think a good yielder too (i will never know hehe).
If you buy weed they dont say its good weed anymore, they say it's critical!!!
Our hyped clone only!

Aota1

All of the Critical Mass we have here in oregon is high in cbd(at least all of it that comes through the dispensary i manage). Usually high single digits in thc 8-9% and 11-13%ish cbd. Those numbers vary slightly but 1:1ish is the norm. It's understandably a muted high.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
All of the Critical Mass we have here in oregon is high in cbd(at least all of it that comes through the dispensary i manage). Usually high single digits in thc 8-9% and 11-13%ish cbd. Those numbers vary slightly but 1:1ish is the norm. It's understandably a muted high.

Sounds like that is CBD Critical from CBD crew, normal Critical Mass / Bilbo / + etc has no notable CBD at all

it honestly just seems like a shittier version of big bud, some bid bud phenos apparently have a nice high tho like the salmon creek cut

jrelax

my next grow , next year i will grow Genehtic seeds, feminized, critical bilbo,, this is high thc, low cbd if i remember right

i think this is not what you talk here at all.
You use cuttings like professionals got?
I dont know any growers , and here in denmark its not possible buy cuttings what i know.

I can only get seeds from random stores, i also need feminized seeds maybe 1-2 more years before i start with regulars.
Still beginner, and feminized feels good because it is more easy

about high cbd critical mass

i will try them too.

These i found

Characteristics
BREEDER/BRAND Phoenix Seeds
GENETICS Critical Mass x High CBD Strain

VARIETY Mostly Indica
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 8%
CBD CONTENT 8%
YIELD High
PLANT HEIGHT 100-150 cm
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 8-9 weeks
MEDICAL CONDITIONS Insomnia, Migraines, Muscle Spasm, Pain
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Insomnia, migraines and muscle pain
TASTE / FLAVOUR Fruity, Woody
EFFECT Powerful, Relaxing

and

a diesel / criticall mass hybrid
Tonic CBD Feminised Seeds WORLD OF SEEDS
Medicinal strain with big yields and almost 1:2 THC:CBD ratio.
Characteristics
BREEDER/BRAND World of Seeds
GENETICS Critical Mass x Diesel Tonic

VARIETY Mostly Indica
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 7%
CBD CONTENT 10.5%

YIELD Indoors: 550 - 600 gr/m2; Outdoors: 2000 gr/plant
GROWS Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 50 - 55 days
HARVEST MONTH Late September
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Yes but not listed.
TASTE / FLAVOUR Citrus
EFFECT Relaxing, Soothing

Tonic CBD is the very first high-CBD strain produced by WoS for medicinal use. It was bred by crossing Critical Mass with Diesel Tonic and a rigorous selection process to provide the correct THC:CBD ratio of almost 1:2. It is a predominantly indica plant.

Tonic CBD is a breeze to grow requiring no special skill set or experience. Indoor yields produce almost 1 gr. per watt of electricity used to power the lights. Indoors flowering takes about 55 days yielding between 550 - 600 gr/m2 with 600 watt lights

These two sounds good for me, high cbd versions,
maybe you like try them too?
I will try them both me self next year

The last one sound wery nice, 10+ CBD, huge yelder about 1g /watt inside., outside yeld is sick to,,, very easy grow they say, good breeder W.O.S is famous. and fast flowering only 50- 55days ,
its sounds like a miracle. Hope its true

:)

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
is it critical bilbao or kritikal bilbao either way i was very suprised myself when i smoked this cut

doesnt really have much smell to the buds and looks dark green skunk/kush.type but as soon as you heat it up you get a berry fruity flavour thats also kushy skunk... its almost like cherry ak47.. nothing compared to the sk#1 of the 90s but still a nice strain.. i did look for a cut myself but found it was manly a spanish clone only and my spanglish aint the greatest..