What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amynamous

I already mostly ignore ur posts so idk what the pay out for me is if I do win..
personally I would rather have the $50…because I could care less if you post here or don’t..
see (unlike u) I don’t believe that the people who disagree with me need to be silenced..

and by zero consequences I mean trump won’t be convicted of a crime nor face a punishment beyond a strongly worded censure letter.
(from the current capitol hearings)… I suppose it’s possible but unlikely the ny da going after him could end up getting a low level tax crime conviction.. (wgaf)

anyway i can’t wait for the mid term elections.
I bet the rampant inflation, tanking economy, mandatory vaccinations and mandatory masking of children in schools are really gonna serve the dems well.
all heil fuhrer biden

Tanking economy?
Extremely doubtful.
Certainly not where I live.
The growth here is pretty remarkable.
If the economy is tanking where you live, you might want to think about relocating.

Edit: PS. Much of the inflation we’ve seen has been coming from the supply/demand distortions from drawing down restrictions. “Real” Inflation stems from a growing economy. It’s a good problem, and the feds have more ammo to deal with it now than they have in the past. I don’t know if you read finance stuff, but the feds have been trying (unsuccessfully) to boost inflation for the past twelve years. Employment is the bigger economic issue and in this business environment, there’s a real easy solution for that problem.

med4u

Veteran
this was all covered quite eloquently by Alan Dershowitz in Trump's impeachment that ended in his acquittal...
the case law is clear and has been upheld
By the SCOTUS

The First Amendment: Brandenburg v. Ohio

Court decisions stress that democracy cannot stand if speech or conduct disagreeing with the government is criminalized—even when that speech advocates unpopular beliefs, condones racism, or suggests the use of force.

In a seminal case involving a Ku Klux Klan leader, the U.S. Supreme Court found that a KKK leader's anti-black, anti-Semitic, and anti-government comments were protected speech, even those comments that suggested taking future "revengeance" (sic) on the federal government.

To cross the legal threshold from protected to unprotected speech, the Supreme Court held the speaker must intend to incite or produce imminent lawless action, and the speaker's words or conduct must be likely to produce such action. These requirements are known as the Brandenburg test. (Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969).)
Applying the Brandenburg Test

Cases applying the Brandenburg test stress just how high the bar is set before the government can criminalize someone for advocating dissent or violence.

First, incitement to violence requires proof that the defendant intended to incite violence or riot (whether or not it actually occurs). Careless conduct or "emotionally charged rhetoric" does not meet this standard. Second, the defendant must create a sort of roadmap for immediate harm—using general or vague references to some future act doesn't qualify as imminent lawless action. Finally, the defendant's words must be likely to persuade, provoke, or urge a crowd to violence. Profanity or offensive messaging alone isn't enough; the messaging must appeal to actions that lead to imminent violence. (NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware, Co., 458 U.S. 886 (1982); Hess v. Indiana, 414 U.S. 105 (1973).)

mowood3479

Veteran
Tanking economy?
Extremely doubtful.
Certainly not where I live.
The growth here is pretty remarkable.
If the economy is tanking where you live, you might want to think about relocating.

Edit: PS. Much of the inflation we’ve seen has been coming from the supply/demand distortions from drawing down restrictions. “Real” Inflation stems from a growing economy. It’s a good problem, and the feds have more ammo to deal with it now than they have in the past. I don’t know if you read finance stuff, but the feds have been trying (unsuccessfully) to boost inflation for the past twelve years. Employment is the bigger economic issue and in this business environment, there’s a real easy solution for that problem.

Lol… ur assertstion is absurd.
inflation is good.
the economy is great (and if it’s not just move)
ur pretty funny.

the fed has been trying to boost inflation for 12 years? Wtf ?…. Turns out all they had to do was lockdown almost the entire economy and destroy small biz… is that the bs ur spewing now? What happened to the 2% goal every fed chairperson going back to Greenspan has marked as the ideal… are we pretending all of that wasnt real? I can send you video of interview after interview with fed chairs going back 30 years… all claiming the goal is 2% yoy (year over year) inflation
I guess we are supposed to forget all those direct quotes…

imo 2% is 2% too much.
inflation is a direct tax on the people.

fucking Biden is goin on cnn saying printing money directly drives inflation down.. because people will spend the stimulus money and more money competing for the same goods somehow magically drives prices down…. the retard can’t even explain Keynesian economics properly.

the (erroneous) Keynesian theory is that printing money drives economic growth which increases the supply of goods which then lowers inflation as the supply out paces demand.
in reality when you print 5 trillion… it increases the money supply by 5 trillion more money available for the same supply of products…
The congressional budget office (a non partisan group) shows that it takes $5 in national debt to create $1 of growth in gdp… so our govt takes on 5 trillion in debt to create $1 trillion in growth..
(Seems sustainable right)

This is what’s causing the rapid inflation we are seeing
but
apparently all is right in the world in the southwest.. and the fed always wanted 10% yoy inflation (talk about gaslighting)

oh what about the 30 million Americans about to be homeless when the cdc moratorium on evictions ends in 2 days?
that’s probably no biggy either
hakuna matata

mowood3479

Veteran
Hello all,

First, yeah that is what I thought you would say...I see you are not bound to your convictions, ay? buahahahaha...

Second, zero consequences...perhaps you may be right on that as he will tie everything up in litigation and likely die...wiiner winner ay?

As to NYDA Manhattan DA we will see, but I am expecting he will be charged. And for your consideration, Al Capone was taken down for taxes...Agnue(sp was taken down for taxes.

As for the capitol hill hearings...I surely hope they subpoena him and as you are aware, the man can not tell the truth to save his life so maybe there might be a future perjury charges. , Not to mention he will be exposed during any discovery.

Third, your comprehension skills also need burnishing, ay? I never said or suggested censoring..."The loser can just create a new account."

Yes, the midterms..the insurrection will be foremost in '22 and in '24...thanks doanld.

Don't forget to donate woody, lawyers cost money...whole lotta spendin' money...it's gonna talk plenty of money to makes things right, baby. buahahahaha

minds_I

You suggested the loser delete their account and their history… it’s on the page…( learn to read what you type little buddy. )
if that’s not looking to silence those who oppose ur ideas then idk what is…

anyway care to take me up on the $50… or are ya chicken?

And btw I’ve never donated money to a politician and I never will.

Imho both sides of the aisle deserve the gallows…post haste

I was merely pointing out that ur bloodlust for trump dog probably isn’t going to be satiated by the current proceedings… unless u get off on strongly worded censure letters or misdemeanor convictions for tax evasion..

I think u should take matters into ur own hands…. Go to mar a lago and mete out vigilante justice urself.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world”
mahatma ghandi

Amynamous

Lol… ur assertstion is absurd.
inflation is good.
the economy is great (and if it’s not just move)
ur pretty funny.

the fed has been trying to boost inflation for 12 years? Wtf ?…. Turns out all they had to do was lockdown almost the entire economy and destroy small biz… is that the bs ur spewing now? What happened to the 2% goal every fed chairperson going back to Greenspan has marked as the ideal… are we pretending all of that wasnt real? I can send you video of interview after interview with fed chairs going back 30 years… all claiming the goal is 2% yoy (year over year) inflation
I guess we are supposed to forget all those direct quotes…

imo 2% is 2% too much.
inflation is a direct tax on the people.

fucking Biden is goin on cnn saying printing money directly drives inflation down.. because people will spend the stimulus money and more money competing for the same goods somehow magically drives prices down…. the retard can’t even explain Keynesian economics properly.

the (erroneous) Keynesian theory is that printing money drives economic growth which increases the supply of goods which then lowers inflation as the supply out paces demand.
in reality when you print 5 trillion… it increases the money supply by 5 trillion.. more money available for the same supply of products…
This is what’s causing the rapid inflation we are seeing
but
apparently all is right in the world in the southwest.. and the fed always wanted 10% yoy inflation (talk about gaslighting)

oh what about the 30 million Americans about to be homeless when the cdc moratorium on evictions ends in 2 days?
that’s probably no biggy either
hakuna matata

Twisting my words again, huh?
I’d be happy to debate this with you, but if i responded to that^, i’d be mostly correcting everything you twisted, rather than the points we actually disagree on.

H G Griffin

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...s-justice-dept
Understand that the DOJ can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election,” then-Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen is quoted as telling the former president, according to notes (PDF) taken by Richard Donoghue, a senior Justice Department official who was on the December 27 call.
“Don’t expect you to do that,” Trump said. “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.”

-------------------------------------

At one point Trump accused Rosen of not “following the internet the way I do” in coming up with allegations of voter fraud.
“We are doing our job,” Rosen told Trump. “Much of the info you’re getting is false.”
------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the Justice Department on Friday ordered the Internal Revenue Service to hand over Trump’s tax returns to a House of Representatives committee, saying the panel has offered “sufficient reasons” for requesting the material.

Dr.evil_laugh.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Dr.evil_laugh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	17908542

minds_I

Veteran
You suggested the loser delete their account and their history… it’s on the page…( learn to read what you type little buddy. )
if that’s not looking to silence those who oppose ur ideas then idk what is…

anyway care to take me up on the $50… or are ya chicken?

And btw I’ve never donated money to a politician and I never will.

Imho both sides of the aisle deserve the gallows…post haste

I was merely pointing out that ur bloodlust for trump dog probably isn’t going to be satiated by the current proceedings… unless u get off on strongly worded censure letters or misdemeanor convictions for tax evasion..

I think u should take matters into ur own hands…. Go to mar a lago and mete out vigilante justice urself.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world”
mahatma ghandi

Hello all,

Obtuse much? What part of "The loser can just create a new account." is censorship there skippy? The wager is your account vs my account....much more valuable to me then 50 bux...also, the payoff is immediate. So if this does not upset your delicate sensibilities and you are firmly moored to your ideals then the terms of the wager should be satisfactory..After all, a gentlemen's bet is a reflection of the man, ay?

You are suggesting I should take matters into my own hands...I already did, I voted, he lost...win win for me, ay? buahahahaha

Trump urges DOJ to "just say the election was corrupt"....still think the election was stolen, ay trumphumpers....buahahahaha

It is always best just before the first tear comes.

Phuque tRump bloody..everyday just a little bit more. And his devil spawn too.

On a side note...I wonder if tRump had never entered politics, how many of the folks here I would smoke a doobie with without politics driving the conversation?

Oh well, that egg is busted and it is going to take a long time for this road bump of our political history dampen out.

minds_I

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also with all these notes coming out from the DOJ that prove Trump had criminal intent, I cant see how he doesn't get indicted.
When Trump calls the DOJ and they tell him the election was not corrupt and he tells them that's ok just say it was and I will take care of the rest. None can say that is not illegal.. Trump has always been and still is a the worst type of crook, stop letting this dirt bag sucker you.

In a conversation with the president on December 27th, then-acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen and Donoghue—two of the department’s most senior officials—told the president that the DOJ “can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election, doesn’t work that way.”

But the president pushed back, telling them, “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.”

Who are these Republican that he was referring too. They are also guilty.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...notes-1205108/

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Looks like the grip mango the malignant had is waning.

Today's little revelation piques the question...what will the DOJ do about it?

And a derivative of that is...Do we prosecute a former prez? Does the tRumpster set the bar? And if so, to what extent? How easy would it be to use the DOJ for corrupt purposes. Conversely, if a clearly corrupt prez is not prosecuted, that sets a different bar and invites corruption. Both are fraught with negatives. but one must be chosen, I choose prosecute.

minds_I

PS...is up for the wager, woody? buahahahaa

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree, any POTUS that is so stupidly corrupt to blatantly break laws needs to be prosecuted. How stupid are people not to see what he's done. That bothers me more than turd does. I never thought there were so many dumbshits in the USA. Boy did this open my eyes.

Hempy McNoodle

Hello all,

Looks like the grip mango the malignant had is waning.

Today's little revelation piques the question...what will the DOJ do about it?

And a derivative of that is...Do we prosecute a former prez? Does the tRumpster set the bar? And if so, to what extent? How easy would it be to use the DOJ for corrupt purposes. Conversely, if a clearly corrupt prez is not prosecuted, that sets a different bar and invites corruption. Both are fraught with negatives. but one must be chosen, I choose prosecute.

minds_I

PS...is up for the wager, woody? buahahahaa

It sure would set an interesting new PRECIDENT (legally)... Be careful what you wish for and beware the BOOMERANG!

mowood3479

Veteran
Twisting my words again, huh?
I’d be happy to debate this with you, but if i responded to that^, i’d be mostly correcting everything you twisted, rather than the points we actually disagree on.

Ok. My bad… maybe my reading comprehension is weak. Do tell me more about how “inflation is a good problem and about how the fed has more “ammo” to deal with it than in the past”…
if inflation is such a good problem why would the fed have to deal with it at all?

I mean we all have to survive on 10% less than last year but I’m sure you have a reasonable explanation on why this is a good thing?
do tell

igrowone

Veteran
Ok. My bad… maybe my reading comprehension is weak. Do tell me more about how “inflation is a good problem and about how the fed has more “ammo” to deal with it than in the past”…
if inflation is such a good problem why would the fed have to deal with it at all?

I mean we all have to survive on 10% less than last year but I’m sure you have a reasonable explanation on why this is a good thing?
do tell

an economy with no inflation is a stagnant economy
a stagnant economy is at risk for deflation, or worse
inflation indicates a growing economy
rate of inflation needs to be low lest you get accelerating inflation

Doctor M

an economy with no inflation is a stagnant economy
a stagnant economy is at risk for deflation, or worse
inflation indicates a growing economy
rate of inflation needs to be low lest you get accelerating inflation

Inflation is a Federal Reserve hidden tax.

Obviously you were not an economic major......

Joe Biden's America: Run away inflation and 8 million people about to be evicted. Blackrock is popping the corks.

Almost forgot increasing crime and murder rates in all the major cities.

igrowone

Veteran
Inflation is a Federal Reserve hidden tax.

Obviously you were not an economic major......

Joe Biden's America: Run away inflation and 8 million people about to be evicted. Blackrock is popping the corks.

Almost forgot increasing crime and murder rates in all the major cities.

seems you have even less economic acumen
not to mention mindless regurgitation of fox headlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts