What's new

Creating an AF strain - 1st attempt

D

Denial N Error

Right on Blynx.. I missed this. They get the chop yet? Looks like it will be a great cross once fully AF

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She's still going

Day 67

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The seeds are big, they just need to turn from green/white to brown

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She came down, got de-seeded and smoked!

Day 71

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Even tho she was full of seeds, once de-seeded and dried, she smoked nice and smooth but not a lot of taste to me. A friend tried some and said it tasted real nice to him.

Ok, on to the seeds.

I will say that I've never seen so many small white immature seeds. I think pollinating the whole plant takes too much energy for it to be able to actually grow all the seeds to maturity. These small white seeds would not have grown into brown seeds if they had more time (the plant had 43 days from pollination to chop to create mature seeds), they were seed aborts.

So, after throwing away probably over 1,000 seed aborts, I did end up with about 140 solid brown seeds.

picture.php

I just threw some straight to soil and have some soaking in water too. If and when they pop, I'll grow them under 24/0 light to see whether they are AF or not. Hopefully I'll end up with a female and male AF in this test batch that I can try crossing to bring to full AF.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Nice job! :wave:

I had better germ rates with fresh seeds after I kept them with some silica gel for around 3 weeks than exactly after harvest. Maybe this helps.
And seeds that have the shell still white at harvest, but the shell is hard are good to use, but are difficult to store for long time.

Good luck with your project! :lurk:

G

Gilles&Cheryl

Great job, Blynx. You didn't waste any time getting the seeds started, cool! Will the harvested seeds get their own thread or will they be documented in this one?

You said, "I think pollinating the whole plant takes too much energy for it to be able to actually grow all the seeds to maturity".

I have noticed the same thing. When lightly pollinated you don't really get any abort, they'll all be healthy. It also seems like a few seeds mature much faster than a bunch of seeds.

You didn't mention it, how was the buzz/potency?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job, Blynx. You didn't waste any time getting the seeds started, cool! Will the harvested seeds get their own thread or will they be documented in this one?

I haven't decided yet, but am leaning towards continuing it in this thread

You said, "I think pollinating the whole plant takes too much energy for it to be able to actually grow all the seeds to maturity".

I have noticed the same thing. When lightly pollinated you don't really get any abort, they'll all be healthy. It also seems like a few seeds mature much faster than a bunch of seeds.

Yea I've selectively pollinated lower branches on plants and gotten 2 to 3 times the amount of seeds I got from doing this whole plant. As you noticed too, there are usually very few immature and aborted seeds when you do it that way as opposed to hitting the whole plant.

You didn't mention it, how was the buzz/potency?

I'm not a good judge of potency on this plant cuz I was smoking a bunch of other bud and hash along with smoking this stuff.