What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crackdown on Detroit dyspensaries by Oakland county sheriff.

MIway

Veteran
Ok forgive me if slightly off topic. Longtime toker /grower here residing in Cali with medical rec. in hand . I foresee being in the D later this year ;} Will I be able to get my meds like a civilized human being or will I have to sniff out some beasters ? I plan on bringing my rec because its the only way where I live and its a fairly respected document here (wow still). All I need is some sour and some oil and I'm good! will I have a good experience or do I have to holler @ some local swingkid?

We're kinda in a fucked up limbo right now, but the law does recognize the legal standing of patients from other states... but with all the limitations (court rulings) of the last year or two, it is unclear how that clause can be upheld. Some places used to let out of state card holders to come in... now a days, not so sure. Maybe a place will allow it in the d, probably not... would have to shop around. My best rec would be to visit a place w city protections like a2... they are actually licensed by the city & are afforded some degree of legal standing. Perhaps they would be most comfortable working the out of state clause.

The other option, is actually getting a state id (need a buddy for an addy & a utility bill)... and then to visit a doc for a local rec, as sev places will serve u on the spot with just that... will have to fill out a state app but not nec mail it in/pay for it. This isnt a rec on my part to subvert the rules, just passin on info.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Supposedly, "They" are working on it now, in Lansing. The whole package of dispo and concentrate regulations. Apparently, the "lawmakers," are concerned 'cause the Sheriff's organization ignored the proceedings, and 'without them it probably won't happen.'

Finally, SOMETHING.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a real clusterfuck. I've been trying to figure out what state to make a new start, and I guess I'll scratch MI off my list. My oldest daughter thought a move there would be great because I guess Eminem or whatever his name lives there. She's a big fan!

I did not realize that so much of the weed sold in med or legal states such as CO was so poorly grown and cared for.

My impression is that it is hard for honest non-criminals to actually find the proper funding needed to create their OP, while the people with hard cash, criminals in most cases, are just out to make a quick buck, and don't have a passion or love for the plant.

Maybe i'm just stating the obvious.

This is all about MONEY; everything always is. The rulers in MI can't figure out how to tax it?

I'm worn out trying to figure it out.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
... Longtime toker /grower here residing in Cali with medical rec. in hand . I foresee being in the D later this year ;} Will I be able to get my meds like a civilized human being or will I have to sniff out some be asters ?...

... Some places used to let out of state card holders to come in... now a days, not so sure. Maybe a place will allow it in the d, probably not... would have to shop around. My best rec would be to visit a place w city protections like a2... they are actually licensed by the city & are afforded some degree of legal standing.

The other option, is actually getting a state id (need a buddy for an addy & a utility bill)... and then to visit a doc for a local rec, as sev places will serve u on the spot with just that... will have to fill out a state app but not nec mail it in/pay for it. This isnt a rec on my part to subvert the rules, just passin on info.

Snusnu I'd bring civilized meds from home if you need them.
I've never found a MI disp to accept my CA card and I've called and visited many.

Last year I went as far as to get a MI ID card which required 4 visits and eventually having to get a new SS card and get a copy of my Birth Certificate
even when I had a valid Passport to show along with the appropriate records that showed me owning real estate in that county.

MI is trying to keep out new legal residents who might want welfare and they don't want to give ID's, even in Flint!

Then I got a MI doc to write me a rec and I still couldn't find a disp that would sell to me.

there are some people who will deal with you on craigslist if you don't have a "hard card" but I bet you seldom encounter that grade of weed in Cali.

I found some really good weed at the cup there last year but overall there is no comparison to the ease of access that anyone with a headache can get in CA.
ship that dank ahead of time plus a little extra to share.:big grin:

please point me in the direction of Disp who take out of state cards if you know them and I'll try again.

I don't want to gets hard card there because it seems they use the database in the license plate readers in some places to molest patients.

I really don't want to be on that state list.

MIway

Veteran
Chunky... maybe it has changed the last year or two w the id's... when I moved got my id card as soon as I had a local utlity bill in my name... pretty sure I just used my old driv lic & ss card for valid id. It was pretty damn easy at the time. If I had changed a celly bill to a mi addy b4 I moved, could've got a temp id card & dr rec in a single day... they mailed the actual card. Dr rec req a local id first.

Again, its been a few, but the greenbee helped me out before all of that w my co card. Its been a few years, and I cant say how they do it now as it def more hostile overall.

I'd find dip/doc combo in the d (if u have a local id now), and look at 8 mile... sev places will serve u up w paperwork only, esp if u get the rec right there & then. It all depends on which lawyer they enlist, some have balls, some dont. Now, not to say all the hassle will be worth the effort when u get inside...

MIway

Veteran
SR... its not so bad. Really it depends on ur risk tolerance. There is still a lot of push back on mmj in certain areas, where they still look to really screw u to the wall... like looking for the smallest reason to void ur medical defense. On the flip side, there are places where the lawyers tell u 'i guarantee u wont go to jail', but u may still have the hassle. Its not a west coast mentality tho... def a more strained existance.

Mi weather is next to the very worst for our deal... sub zero to 90's, all the time 80+ RH. The air always has a lot of moisture... so the cold really sucks, as does the heat.

Also... imo... the clean money (peeps from other industries wanting to cash in) are the very worst... no soul, no heart, no love. They will ass fuck u harder than any... just for the money. Dont smoke, dont grow, dont know shit, and just dont care. Unethical, greedy, miserable little shits. Go to CO, WA, IL... they are all over the scene. We'v got those fucks too... they r everywhere.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
All from FB so?
Chronic relief 11 n Van.. Back up now. Owner n expecting wife jailed over weekend n some other bull shit...

Unclecrash

I've noticed anything above 8 mile, or in Macomb/Oakland county usually get shut down for good. Haven't seen anything stay open past a year..

Everything below 8 has stayed open and had steady business for the last 3+ years...they may have gotten raided, sure, but they were open the next week with smiles and stinky jars.

Marijuana is legal in Detroit but from what I hear is becoming acceptable in some of the metro city's. I really don't see why a business owner would take the risk and open a shop in that area. Sounds more like a cash cowboy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They are getting rich quick and I mean real quick. That's why they dont give a Fuck. A friend of a friend just opened one and he is making a F ing KILLING !!! They sell this one spliff for $25 my bro say they made up 400 and were all gone in a matter of hours. Do the math

Last edited:

Unclecrash

I've noticed anything above 8 mile, or in Macomb/Oakland county usually get shut down for good. Haven't seen anything stay open past a year..

Everything below 8 has stayed open and had steady business for the last 3+ years...they may have gotten raided, sure, but they were open the next week with smiles and stinky jars.

Marijuana is legal in Detroit but from what I hear is becoming acceptable in some of the metro city's. I really don't see why a business owner would take the risk and open a shop in that area. Sounds more like a cash cowboy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Cannot come above 8mile because OAKLAND COUNTY rules with an iron fist. And dont want no part of being legal Im pretty sure it's going to be a kind of dry county. There are many living in fear even if it does go totally legal Brooks Patterson Comissioner says noway no how were raiding if we get word of it. They are trying to stick there noses into crossing 8mile to shut the despenceries down because with Detroit police chief dismantling the Detroit task force because of corruption. That could be part of the reason they dont care in Detroit right now because they are short on raid squads possibly.

Unclecrash

Just talking with my Bro he say's in a minute it's not going to matter that he heard in Mi. they are going to allow 12 plant and you don't even need a card. If it comes legal on a Federal level. And then he said he heard there is a Pakastani who is going to blow everyone out of the water building a huge facility. He has a $2billion dollar backer

Unclecrash

My Bro know's a ton of people probably heard it from word of mouth. Or maybe some of it in the news. I will ask him.

floralheart

Veteran
Just talking with my Bro he say's in a minute it's not going to matter that he heard in Mi. they are going to allow 12 plant and you don't even need a card. If it comes legal on a Federal level. And then he said he heard there is a Pakastani who is going to blow everyone out of the water building a huge facility. He has a $2billion dollar backer
Pakastani's drove Dunkin Donuts out of business. So good luck with that.

If the way they run donut shops in the east is any indication, I'd put my 400 watt lamp up against a Pakastani with $1 Million dollars and smoke him where he stands.

Latest posts

Latest posts