What's new

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

H G Griffin

If people dont like their country ,move.

Yup, they should just leave their country because you say so, sounds like a good plan.

If only everyone who disagrees with you would just leave, 'Murica would be perfect, right?

If that's food for thought, it makes McDonalds look like fine dining.

vanilla dutch

Yup, they should just leave their country because you say so, sounds like a good plan.

If only everyone who disagrees with you would just leave, 'Murica would be perfect, right?

If that's food for thought, it makes McDonalds look like fine dining.

Just saying. Us americans enjoy our rights.certain countrys have none.

Im'One

I got my first shot two weeks ago and was told to get the second shot on the eighteenth. We are supposed to get a five day blizzard and there's no indication that second shots will be available anyway.

G

I got my first shot two weeks ago and was told to get the second shot on the eighteenth. We are supposed to get a five day blizzard and there's no indication that second shots will be available anyway.

Heard some distantly similar reports yesterday, when I was running errands. A woman was telling another that an elderly member of their family had received the 1st vax, but the date for the 2nd was coming quick, and the rod they were receiving from (whom ever? Native Health? Local clinic? (????) was that the second shots were not on the radar, and the date for the 2nd vax might not see the vax happening.

I wondered about any interruption to the protection offered by the 1st vax, if the second vax was not received in prescribed sequence?

Haven't researched it yet, but may later..

Im'One

I read an informal study of 75000 who had received a VACCINE of any manufacturer. There were no deaths and few hospitalizations. The control group of a random 75000 would have 150 deaths and numerous hospitalizations. If you look at the numbers we are already beginning to see a return.
Obviously I don't have the study at hand and it's not peer reviewer etc. But it looks good so far.
One vaccine is better than none.

Jayded

I cant see there being any problem with waiting more than 3 weeks between jabs.They all have around 70% efficacy after the 1st jab and that protection takes 2/3 weeks to build up.
That protection isn't going to disappear as soon as you have it so waiting longer shouldn't be a prob.
I've had my 1st jab but will be late April before I get my 2nd

G

I cant see there being any problem with waiting more than 3 weeks between jabs.They all have around 70% efficacy after the 1st jab and that protection takes 2/3 weeks to build up.
That protection isn't going to disappear as soon as you have it so waiting longer shouldn't be a prob.

To clarify, I was told 60% efficacy from 1st jab, and 3 weeks for full efficacy after each VACCINE.

(*it appeared as though my abbreviating 'VACCINE' with 'vax' was bothersome to some).

Jayded

The 1 I had has 46% efficacy at 2 weeks and 67% after 3 from the latest study.I thought the pfizer and moderna vaccines had slightly higher efficacy rates but maybe I mis-read.

G

The 1 I had has 46% efficacy at 2 weeks and 67% after 3 from the latest study.I thought the pfizer and moderna vaccines had slightly higher efficacy rates but maybe I mis-read.

Moderna and Pfizer are the 2 primary VACCINES they've been using here, with Pfizer being slated as -slightly- more effective (by 1% or 2%), and the numbers I posted above were what I received from my primary healthcare provider's assistants when I inquired about a VACCINATION before my previous travel to Seattle..

I'm now eligible for the 1st jab, and am on the list for it (my wife has already received her first from Pfizer, due to her job) but the local healthcare/VACCINE providers are waiting on VACCINES, so I'll get a call when I do.

In addition to that, the State's emergency COVID-19 provisions are expiring today, dead in the water, and the emergency declaration itself is involved in somewhat of a turf war between our ineffective legislature (both the House and Senate, though mostly the lethargy in this specific case belongs to the House, who still doesn't have their own leadership in place, after a ~month in session) and our incompetent and twisted Governor, so how and where the vaccines will be provided in the future, is, as of now, not as clear as it was last week.

I'm supposed to get a call re. the VACCINATION schedule, but at this time, any one else's guess is as good as mine, as to who will be calling me.

I do know that my insurance company has stated in writing that there's no co-pay, etc., for the VACCINATIONS, but despite their effort at glowing PR, anyone who has read their policy and understands benefits from these vultures, knows that preventive VACCINATIONS, of what ever sort, have previously -been- covered 100%, w/ no co-pay.

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... so what is that telling you?

vanilla dutch

That might be a little extreme for me, but something needs to be done.

I have a crazy idea. How about actually enforcing the current laws?

Why are lying, unethical assholes allowed to spread damaging bullshit without consequence? Why aren't all the assholes making death threats being arrested and fully prosecuted?

There are laws about threats, harassment, libel, slander already on the books. No new laws are needed, no violations of the Holy American Constitution(/s) are required. Just enforce the fucking law!
So ur logic would be to enforce cannabis laws? Or just freedom of speech? Anyway back to covid. Our governor is trying to give us a couple hundred dollars.and stores remain open. Social distancing is actually easier said then done. Get my second covid shot this week.really excited about that. There was a curfew inacted.but it didnt last long. I basically keep my mask on when im outside and in public. Other than staying home and being bored. Covid dosnt really affect me.