What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

St. Phatty

What's that old Aldous Huxley quote about getting people to love their servitude? Yeah that's the US.

"Australia: $1,993 a month

Canada: $1,433 a month

Denmark: Up to $3,288 a month

France: Up to $7,575 a month

Germany: Up to $7,326 a month

Ireland: Up to $1,793.44 a month

UK: Up to $3,084 a month

USA: $1,200 to last 33 weeks and counting"

AND - Kyle Rittenhouse used his $1200 to buy the AR15 he used to shoot ... I forget who.

And Rittenhouse was a YMCA lifeguard, which really hits home.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God this country is gross.

You're right. The Gov't should have stepped in here and made sure people could keep roofs over their head and food on their table while they were unable to work due to a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC.

mowood3479

Veteran
You're right. The Gov't should have stepped in here and made sure people could keep roofs over their head and food on their table while they were unable to work due to a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC.

Should haves don’t keep the rain/snow off ur back.
That requires 4 walls and a roof.

Im'One

If you look at the timeline, the benefits were just starting to make a difference and people were beginning to ask why don't we have a UBI all the time? Will our healthcare costs be covered in a pandemic? Who pays for our vaccine?
Suddenly an anti masking movement emerged and everyone forgot all of those questions and began talking about deranged white men taking over state houses.

mowood3479

Veteran
If you look at the timeline, the benefits were just starting to make a difference and people were beginning to ask why don't we have a UBI all the time? Will our healthcare costs be covered in a pandemic? Who pays for our vaccine?
Suddenly an anti masking movement emerged and everyone forgot all of those questions and began talking about deranged white men taking over state houses.

Blah de blah blah..blah blah

mowood3479

Veteran
Intelligent replies just keep coming.

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize in that word jumble u were making a real point.. it seemed like u were shaming/blaming all the problems in the USA on a group of 100% peaceful protestors..
Which I think it’s ridiculous and doesn’t merit a real response..
thus the blah de blahs...
Imo if u want to blame protestors I’d blame the ones that caused hundreds of millions in property damage and committed many heinous violent assaults and a Few outright murders.
But what do I know?

Cannavore

Veteran
at this point you either support a shutdown of the economy w/ stimulus relief or you support a mask mandate that doesn't shut the economy down. there are no other viable solutions being presented that Americans will accept. either way what we're doing right now is clearly not working lmao. the fact that people are still arguing over the efficacy of masks this late in the game does not forebode well and like mentioned above is likely a deliberate stall tactic.

thanksgiving may be the make or break moment. the numbers do not look good if people plan on going to see their relatives for thanksgiving, which a lot of righties will cause their media is telling them its okay. it's almost like the real conspiracy here is how much the right is willing to let people die in the name of their fake ass pyramid scheme economy.

Gry

Veteran
at this point you either support a shutdown of the economy w/ stimulus relief or you support a mask mandate that doesn't shut the economy down. there are no other viable solutions being presented that Americans will accept. either way what we're doing right now is clearly not working lmao. the fact that people are still arguing over the efficacy of masks this late in the game does not forebode well and like mentioned above is likely a deliberate stall tactic.

thanksgiving may be the make or break moment. the numbers do not look good if people plan on going to see their relatives for thanksgiving, which a lot of righties will cause their media is telling them its okay. it's almost like the real conspiracy here is how much the right is willing to let people die in the name of their fake ass pyramid scheme economy.
I find it almost unreal that there is still a shortage of basic N95 masks for medical personal.
This is the first time in my life that I have not see our society not produce
even more and better of what was already decent, as in N95 quality masks.

Im'One

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize in that word jumble u were making a real point.. it seemed like u were shaming/blaming all the problems in the USA on a group of 100% peaceful protestors..
Which I think it’s ridiculous and doesn’t merit a real response..
thus the blah de blahs...
Imo if u want to blame protestors I’d blame the ones that caused hundreds of millions in property damage and committed many heinous violent assaults and a Few outright murders.
But what do I know?

So marching into the state Capitola of Michigan and Virginia with assault rifles is considered peaceful protest? Ok not in my world. Does the name Kyle mean anything to you?
The protests in my town and in Stillwater were astroturf events fundned by the Koch bro.
There occurred all over the USA and repub politicians then bought the lie which they helped spread and started blathering about masks...and the God dam "economy".
Now the Ohio lawmakers have passed laws preventing the governor from passing mask mandates.
So no it's not a small group of peacful protectors it's the whole goddamn useless republican party.

T

Teddybrae

The term: "White grievance mentality" fits here ...

So marching into the state Capitola of Michigan and Virginia with assault rifles is considered peaceful protest? Ok not in my world. Does the name Kyle mean anything to you?
The protests in my town and in Stillwater were astroturf events fundned by the Koch bro.
There occurred all over the USA and repub politicians then bought the lie which they helped spread and started blathering about masks...and the God dam "economy".
Now the Ohio lawmakers have passed laws preventing the governor from passing mask mandates.
So no it's not a small group of peacful protectors it's the whole goddamn useless republican party.

Im'One

Yes...it does. Funny how it seems one group protesting the killing of unarmed citizens is somehow equals a group who wants to spread a deadly virus and kill their elders.

mowood3479

Veteran

If nobody gets shot with the rifles then yes.. it’s peacfeful,
Kyle rittenhouse shot two people at a blm rally.
It was unfortunate.. not sure my opinion on it.. he shouldn’t have been there armed (imo)
The 2 people he shot probably shouldn’t have attacked him (imo).. especially considering he was armed..
Whats the saying about not bringing a skateboard to a gunfight?
Anyway,
Mask mandates are ridiculous so glad someone is standing up to tyranny.
Imo Good ideas don’t need to be enforced at gunpoint

mowood3479

Veteran
Yes...it does. Funny how it seems one group protesting the killing of unarmed citizens is somehow equals a group who wants to spread a deadly virus and kill their elders.

So you think that’s what the people protesting against lockdowns are going for? (spreading a “deadly virus”) (with 99% survival rate if ur under 75) and killing their elders?
Either ur mildly retarded or being disingenuous.

My impression is they wanted to go to work so they could feed and house their progeny.
The horror

Gry

Veteran
Boots on the ground at imi's home.

Thurs. eve I began to get chilled after taking pupper for her last walk of the night. It wasn't really cold out esp. for this time of year and I was dressed for cool weather anyway so, wth? I noticed that all my joints were really achy and joked w/ a friend about how oldsters know the coming weather due to this and gave it little more thought. Went to bed abt. midnight, tossed an extra blanket on the bed still chilled and achy.
Woke at normal time (6:30) feeling kinda blah and too warm from the extra bedding. Dressed, took the dog out, ckd the garden, pulled the snow blower out (finally!) etc., etc. Still feeling a bit off I called a friend to let her know I'm feeling funky and went back to bed abt. 10:30 a.m. w/ additional blankets piled on + a heating pad.
My temp was only 100.5 for cripes sake! Aging does have it's drawbacks for sure. This lil fever wouldn't have even slowed me down just 5yrs. ago. Sigh.

I slept for a couple of hours then had to take the dog outside.
Back to bed once that was done. At least the pup will be comfortable :) By 4 p.m. without what I'd consider a "sweating it out", my temp dropped to 99.5 and I was up and at 'em again. I felt groggy after sleeping of course (naps aren't my thing) but the aches were gone and I was HUNGRY! No chicken soup for this gal, I made beef and bean wet burritos lol and they were scrumptious.

I did slam 2 extra doses of powdered citric acid as a booster to my standard daily dose of Vit. C, in between sleep sessions. IDK if this actually helped but I knew it wouldn't hurt me.
Woke again on Sat. feeling quite stellar.

Anyway... IDK what it was and I am certainly happy that the symptoms were light and quickly passed.

Holiday season is now upon us, sigh. I will inform friends and family that I've had a fever. We will figure things out from there.
I will also remain self quarantined for a couple weeks. I will do so because it would be irresponsible for me to not.

Contrary to popular belief around here:
Folks who do not ascribe to the attitude that we are being told the truth about this new covid virus; does NOT also mean that we are incapable of using common sense and social courtesies.

Pre covid, I would have let folks know I'd been sick and stay home (when/ if possible). Common courtesies did not begin existing simply due to c-19.

There are those of us who have always employed these practices as a way of life.
Hope that you merely have the flu and will recover quickly with no lasting effects. I believe your encouragement of irresponsible behavior is the opposite of common sense and courtesy. I find it reprehensible, none the less, I wish you well.

Doctor M

Hope that you merely have the flu and will recover quickly with no lasting effects. I believe your encouragement of irresponsible behavior is the opposite of common sense and courtesy. I find it reprehensible, none the less, I wish you well.

Curious how you would find the statements of my wife's Pulmonologist who is considered one of the best in the country.

Allow me to summerize what he told her in June of this year during a COPD check up: Covid19 is a bullshit election infection. We could end it in 30 days but our hands have been tied and we are being silenced.

This was during a 20 minute office visit where both her and the doctor did not wear masks.

You are probably unaware of Fauci's statements on the PCR test. Also that Covid seemed to have made the flu vanish.

EnXxgDOW4AgDNjp.jpg

I won't even both to discuss the 3 people I know personally who were on hospice for stage 4 cancer and had covid listed as the cause of death.