What's new

correl beds//keeper hunt: Sour Apple, Mango, Mango Lassi, Leda Uno

Endrega

I did the 'pepsi challenge'. Put CC#3 and SP next to each other from both led and hps and I couldn't tell.

I do think I noticed faster maturing times. Maybe it's the improved growth or other indirect factor but the trich's get milky like 4-5 days earlier. Probably the hps heat had them going a few days longer.

Endrega

Today was flowering day 25.
Temps 22°-26°C / 65-75% humidity /Ec 1,7 / pH 5,6 (at setup)

full

full

Mango#2
full

CC
full

SP
full

I am installing equipment to be able to keep the humidity high as it turns out to be the only thing really effective against PM and the healthiest for the plants. Everything above 60% seems to be pm free territory. I had Problems with that for some time now and getting the temps and humidity under tight control really seems to do magic here- It is gone completely.

After Installing better hygrostats I solved the mistery why one box was getting more pressure than the others- drier conditions. Fingers crossed that that is the f***ing end of it with me coming out on top.
:tiphat:

Endrega

Full house in here. We have clones from sugar punch, kali mist, chocolate cheese, New Zealand OG, Freak Zkittles. We have seeds from Mango and Mango Lassi. Soon it will be one big happy grow.

full

And we have a blueberry male in there too:p

Endrega

Another week another update
Here the clones and Fems for the next xxl run. Same as above.
full

Here we have Flower day 32

full

Mango#1
full

Mango#2
full

Mango#3
full

I'll try to make a weekly update on this run until the end but it's getting a bit much and soon I will limit myself to random flowershots

All in all- I got the slime:( I had brown roots and I thought I might make it better with some H-Tea but it improved a bit before it got a lot worse. Now I run sterile tanks and try to make it to the finish line with H2O2, but its hard to get anywhere near 1% of the solution, so its definetly a short term solution.

Now before every new run I will reset the medium with hypochlorite and then maybe try some Tea or just go A+B as I used to. Throwing the Tea on those brown roots and old pebbles awoke a monster.

Endrega

Next week done. We are at Flower day 39 here.
full

full

Mango#1 starting to bud
full

Mango#2
full

Mango#3
full

Sugar Punch is recovering. One even got really perfect, although over and under feeding increases the danger of rot, so we'll see what its gonna be in the end.
full

Cocolate Cheese- the burned leave tips come from the root problems, I am pretty sure. Still, she is not complainig and the buds just get bigger and bigger. She'll make it.
full

My IPM is starting to show some real visible results!
RH over 60% broke the reproduction cycle of Mildew. Germination 0%.
Since I have RH over 60% I can better work with Cucumeris mites. They require high himidity. Overdosing mites in form of 12 sachets on 22 plants got rid of 99% of the Thrips. I see a bite here and there but I am sure soon they will be gone completely and they don't pose a problem anymore.

Here the clones in the waiting room- 6 days in.
full

Endrega

First- Counted the chicken too early. I found 2-3 spots with PM :cry: I am tapped out. All the way up to flower day 42 everything was fine. I wasn't spraying anything either. I tried everything together with humidity control and It's for sure not as bad as before but I seem to fail to get rid of it completely. Next months I will be changing all the tents, vents, filters because they got old but I hope maybe that will help some more.

Off to something more pleasant..

I think I will try to make a full report on this run because I am kind of stoked on this new setup. Now I switched to LED entirely- from Veg, clones to flower. Here we have Sanlights EVO 4 2x250W and 2x265W(new version of the EVO4) together 1030W. If you look at ppfd that is overkill and I could peak at 80%, but those are just numbers:D The stronger lights are in the middle and the 250's on the outside

full

Everthing plug n' grow. All to one power cable. Since there is no power peak at start up like hps I think it will be fine.

The clones are more than ready and with a little luck this could be a memorable run.

Endrega

Man, for some growers what they do is like a religion. But not in the 'lets hold hands and be happy' way but in the 'my god is the only god, your god is the false god' kind of way. That is just sad. Especially if this god's name is pesticides. Try and talk about beneficial insects and it's like waving a rainbow flag in a catholic church:bashhead:

Working with plants always helps. Here I think the first show of this grow. Flower day 22. Its a bit mixed. Left mainly Kali Mist(av hight 60cm) and right mainly New Zealand OG(av. h. 105cm). There is 2 Sugar Punch and there is seedplants 2xLEDA UNO and 1xMANGO LASSI. Not ripe for close ups but soon. The mango lassi got huge.
full

full

full

I just defoliated this grow and now they switched to flower nutrients. Ec 1,3-1,4.

Endrega

Playtime is over. It's time to put everything I was experimenting with into one nice big run.
1030w / 44 plants (11xSugar Punch, 11xChocolate Cheese, 7xNew Zealand OG, 5xKali Mist, 6xMango and 4xMango Lassi

The whole medium was disinfected with chloride, flushed and dried for 3 days. Did the best job I could, hope for the best. I think the while foil gives it a nice finish.

They start at about ec 1,3 (A+B, silicate and mono Ca and Mg). No enzymes, no rhizotonic. I'll try to keep it nice and clean. Ph set at 5,2. Res temp ist 20°C. Air temp is 26,3°C. Humidity is 60% but I'm working on it.

They were preveged for 16 days under one 26w led. They are now between 30cm and 40cm, actually they should go into flower by now, but I'll give them a week to root.
full

Endrega

On to the next one:D Here we have flower day 49, so it's 7 weeks and I took a few leave samples to check the trichomes. A few days and I will start flushing this one. I will cut the CC#3 at 8 weeks, they have already some amber trichomes. The rest will probably go down at day 60.
full

I should have put in that net..
#Here are the 3 Mangos:pimp3:
full

full

full

full

Number 3 just threw a nice frosty layer, me likey!

I can't wait to get my hands on the weed. I haven't had such a promising strain, since I started selecting again last year.

Last edited:

Endrega

Here my veg room. I will remodel it soon, nothing fancy just all cables and everything nice in order. I am quite happy how the lights turned out. Very flexible with plants in all sizes. The small pots are 1l and the big ones are 5l. They get 1,0 ec, but only because the careo sticks gave a major kick and the soil is still quite fresh. Usually they get up to 1,3 ec. Ph varies between 6,0 and 6,5.
full

full

I successfully tested blumats on the 1l pots. That gives me quite a few more spots in my genetic library.
Thank you Blumats, you are the best! Having those magic little things take care of my mother plants is just so nice to watch.

Greenadian

Hey there Endrega, thats a really nice set up!!
That PM sure is a pain in the ass. Had it hit my grow once, took everything down, bleached my equipment and room. Even killed off the mothers and fresh clones. Hasn't been back ever since. I do keep my humidity down to 55% at all times

Love that Mango #2!! WOW

Endrega

I checked the Mangos today and #2 and #3 are milky as hell. Both the phenos I like go only 8 weeks, nice!
They will get a nice flush and I start chopping some down. So say bye bye to the Mango for a few weeks:wave: Some more are already in veg.

I took a closer look at the Leda Uno and Mango Lassi. They are comin nice. Very different phenotypes/cultivars. I had to top them to save a clone and Leda uno got like 50/60cm and the Mango Lassi is over 1m after strech. Mango Lassi does have a hint of mango and sweet yoghurt.

Leda Uno#1(all 3 tops)- nice sweet smell, hybrid like growth
full

Leda Uno#2- no smell at all, smells like air:( Buds say indica, but leaves say hybrid
full

Mango Lassi#1(both tops)- looks very wild, I'd call this leaning towards sativa dominant.
full

That was flower day 29

Last edited:

Endrega

Flower Day 35

Leda Uno#1- reminds me very much of Sugar Punch, it smells like pure sugar, but not as fruity as the Punch. Growth is similar, too, but she has these thick white hairs. Looks sexy- pity I had to top her.
full

Leda Uno#2- starting to smell very bad:D like rotten, old socks, sweaty old T-shirt
full

Mango Lassi#1 delicate fruity aroma. Kind of really boring..
full

New Zealand OG- That's a clone and that one is very special. Great terps. Killer stone- like you could put elephants to sleep with that. 100% resistent to spidermites and PM. Not in theory or description on seedfinder, but I have seen it (unfortunetely). Very strong resistance to thrips. It has so many markers that even though the weed is too strong for me, I cannot get myself to sort her out.
full

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Flower Day 35

Leda Uno#1- reminds me very much of Sugar Punch, it smells like pure sugar, but not as fruity as the Punch. Growth is similar, too, but she has these thick white hairs. Looks sexy- pity I had to top her.
full

Leda Uno#2- starting to smell very bad:D like rotten, old socks, sweaty old T-shirt
full

Mango Lassi#1 delicate fruity aroma. Kind of really boring..
full

New Zealand OG- That's a clone and that one is very special. Great terps. Killer stone- like you could put elephants to sleep with that. 100% resistent to spidermites and PM. Not in theory or description on seedfinder, but I have seen it (unfortunetely). Very strong resistance to thrips. It has so many markers that even though the weed is too strong for me, I cannot get myself to sort her out.
full

Those are looking good friend. Damn!

Endrega

Thanks, man:smoke out:

In my fight with the last remains of PM I go with the following:
*Hydrogen peroxide <1% foliar spray
*Plant number from 20-24 down to 16 to further improve air flow
*schwazzing- radical defoliation in flower
*Humidity in accordance with VPD chart
*kick the strains with least resisstance
*use air purifiers with UV-C

I will also install new tents, exhaust fans and filters, vents

If that doesn't help I will review.

I thought about shutting everything down, but even if I clean my grow room the PM is everywhere. Trees in front of my house have it and climate change is making PM go crazy in these parts. I would have to disinfect everything in my entire house. Even still disinfection doesn't kill the spores- best case it makes them inactive.

If I shut down than only to install HEPA. Without HEPA it will come back one way or another.

Endrega

Here we have flower day 2
They had a bit of a rough transition into the beds. They were kept too long on the small cubes and when they got into the beds with the 250ies bombarding them with light, they got a bit stressed. For 10 days they were practically just rooting and not getting enough nutrition. Now they caught up and go into flower.
I will up the Ec with new tanks tomorrow.
full

full

full

6 Mangos fem
full

4 Mango Lassi fem
full

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here we have flower day 2
They had a bit of a rough transition into the beds. They were kept too long on the small cubes and when they got into the beds with the 250ies bombarding them with light, they got a bit stressed. For 10 days they were practically just rooting and not getting enough nutrition. Now they caught up and go into flower.
I will up the Ec with new tanks tomorrow.
full

full

full

6 Mangos fem
full

4 Mango Lassi fem
full

You have a super nice start with this batch. Looking killer.