What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coronavirus Disease 2019- COVID-19 News- Please Contribute

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My child’s public school will be closed for the next two weeks. New employer from Austin TX emailed and said don’t worry about flying out. Will do orientation over the phone, and just work from home until further notified. Friend working for the state Gov in CA claims that a full state lock down is being seriously discussed on several levels and may get called into action in the next 24 hours.

The school and job thing is 100%, how well informed my circle of friends are will be discovered shortly.

My wife and I stocked up in case this happens. LA County has dozens of confirmed cases, plus a lot more that haven't been reported yet.

Good luck with the new job. I picked the wrong time to be between jobs. I can't imagine companies hiring in the next month or two.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Army are on standby to help the hospitals but also to “ support the Police and Prison Service,,if and when needed””,,,,,,Government getting prepared for any “” Burning n Looting””,
Lol,,,,s2

mr.brunch

Veteran
Went to the local diy store (b and q) to get soil for the next couple of crops before they shut non essential shops.
All 150, 120 and 100 Litre packs gone already so I grabbed 3 of the remaining 50 litre bags... should do the next couple of rebuckets- then if it gets tight I’ll look into recycling the soil.

Local supermarkets are empty of the usuals plus no meat, frozen stuff etc... looking fucking bleak, pardon my language.
They need to sort things out or we won’t have to worry about the virus cos we’ll all starve to death instead.

CaptainDankness

My wife and I stocked up in case this happens. LA County has dozens of confirmed cases, plus a lot more that haven't been reported yet.

Good luck with the new job. I picked the wrong time to be between jobs. I can't imagine companies hiring in the next month or two.
Shit, I'm laid off because of this, although I guess I should qualify for unemployment. :woohoo:

There will be plenty of work, probably a draft too. My wife doesn't think so but she's going to owe me 2 BJ's when people start getting drafted to help the military contain this virus. :biggrin:

C

Capra ibex

I'm starting to wonder if i have this virus now :redface:

I have mild asthma and get headaches pretty often but still starting to second guess myself with my little niggles. :dunno: :thinking:

h.h.

Veteran

Wally World, Amazon, most grocery stores..

mr.brunch

Veteran
The woman chairing the tv press conference hasn’t stopped coughing into the mic for last ten minutes.... maybe go home?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It´s true, a lot of countrys check the ways of People with cell phones. Israel, Litunia, Germany as far i know, it´s no secret.

For sure,,,,,
Mi5,,Mi6 ,,,,NCS,,,all communicators to other “ friendly” country’s ,,,,s2

ramse

here in Italy the situation is extreme ... look at the news from Italy to understand the situation that can be created .. stay safe, stay at home.

Green Squall

People are insane. I just sold a shitty Dean Koontz paperback for $61.00 because people think it predicted Covid-19. And no, I didn't price gouge. I let it play out via auction.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Wally World, Amazon, most grocery stores..
I seriously doubt Wally World would be hiring, they've announced cutting back hours nationwide. Amazon announced they would probably hire around 100,000 but I'm pretty sure that would be in very selected locations.
Grocery stores after the hoarders get their fill and their staff start to get sick could probably go either way.