What's new

CORONA VIRUS and YOU! PANDAMIC! WW Z

Cmoon

This s ide of the pond around 10/14 days will be major, 14 weeks will peak...ffs satan bug, you muthafuka.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
So far the best guess is a new common cold working its way into the contagious disease cycles that make the yearly rounds. Old folks do die from the common cold, and once the novelty wears off this covid19 will just be another strain.
The first go around does in those with immune deficiencies, later passes will be less deadly until covid19 becomes the new name for the fifth common cold virus to be in circulation.

I've been guessing the same, which is why I've been taking Zinc Gluconate lozenges and nasal spay for the past week as I know for fact that if you take it soon enough and often enough at the first signs it really does work to prevent/eliminate the cold virus by coating it so the virus can't replicate.:tiphat:

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
well...that was fast. this shit is just starting and already the store shelves are bare of all the most important essentials and almost everything is closing down til at least april 5th but i suspect it will extend beyond that date. i recall the sars epidemic of 2003 and none of this was happening. i generally ignore these kinds of events and avoid getting triggered by it but i havent seen anything like this occur before. truthfully im starting to get concerned...

Smokerman

Veteran
I went to buy some milk and bread this afternoon, and the store is a fukin zoo. Shelves are picked clean, all the meat, milk and paper products are gone.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been wondering about this too. My guess is that most posters are in UK/Western Europe and N/S America while the virus is doing its worst in Asia.

In other words, it hasn't gotten to 'us', yet to feel the full effects.:tiphat:

...........but anyone who comprehends Italian may want to check that forum.

The virus already did its worst in China and Korea. The quarantines there seem to be working. The vast majority of new cases are in Europe and North America.

Some scientists think that containment has failed. It's only a matter of time before we all get it. The good news is that most of us will get through it.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hopefully just a computer virus...hell, i'm ALWAYS sneezing. had sinus/ear infections non-stop since 1976.

I always have a runny nose from allergies this time of year. Lately, everyone turns around and looks at me when I wipe my nose in public.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I always have a runny nose from allergies this time of year. Lately, everyone turns around and looks at me when I wipe my nose in public.

I hear a cough or sniffle in public?

I turn and look, making an instant judgement call on the person. Not really fair but here we are.

h.h.

Veteran

I turn and look, making an instant judgement call on the person. Not really fair but here we are.

While you’re watching me sneeze, I’m grabbing all the paper towels.

CaptainDankness

Just the other day I was in a grocery store checking out, my daughter sneezed and everyone just looked at us. So naturally I say to my daughter sarcastically "hey, hey, watch it with that Corona virus". Lol, got a few laughs, but everyone kept there distance.

I can't wait to see these people in a few weeks when it really starts to spread. So glad I live in the country, plenty of fish, deer, beer, berries, turtles and I'm going to have a nice veggie garden. People are fucking stupid, hoarding rice and toilet paper, I bought a bunch seeds which hadn't been touched by the hoarding masses, it's Spring!! Don't tell too many people though I'd like more soil and nutrients before they buy that too. Though I do find it amazing how so many people don't know how to grow a plant.

iTHC

i coughed in an empty aisle yesterday (pet food) and i heard a voice in another aisle "quick move someone coughed"

i have a smokers cough:laughing:

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
What is worst about this is it takes days after infection to even show any symptoms. A cough or sneeze is not necessary to spread the virus. Just breathing is good enough. So you could be talking to someone who appears totally healthy and they are giving you the virus just by breathing . . . or you are giving it to them.

Because of my age and smoking habit, I'm a high risk. IMHO living is high risk. No one knows when their time is over unless they are directly authoring it. I expect to get the virus despite all precautions and I'll either live through it or die. I'm not frightened of that. I'm more concerned with the effect of all the panic.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Nobody died that wasn't alive.

Life is sexually transmitted and has a 100% mortality rate.

i read yesterday that the more sexual partners you have had, the greater your chances of dying of cancer. if they had said "die from gunshot" i might have paid more attention...:biggrin:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I can't wait to see these people in a few weeks when it really starts to spread. So glad I live in the country, plenty of fish, deer, beer, berries, turtles and I'm going to have a nice veggie garden. People are fucking stupid, hoarding rice and toilet paper, I bought a bunch seeds which hadn't been touched by the hoarding masses, it's Spring!! Don't tell too many people though I'd like more soil and nutrients before they buy that too. Though I do find it amazing how so many people don't know how to grow a plant.

Turtles? You are eating F'in Turtles? What soup, or on a skewer?

My favorite thing to target shoot in my pond. :biggrin::biggrin:

My veggie garden is looking good, but has nuthin but mud in there now for the rain. I might till in some more cotton seed hulls, as that nice stuff for clay dirt.

Latest posts

Latest posts