What's new

Corinto, ka5h and haze cross

blondie

Took a several month hiatus and am back. This grow is three corintos, two ka5h, and three what I call ThaiMal Haze, TMH. Corinto from tlt. This strain cost a few sheckles and is hopefully worth it. One plant is doing great, another is OK, third had what looked like bug damage so I sprayed with some soap and dead bug brew, replanted and am waiting to see if I killed it or not. My ka5h are not bad. I only wanted to plant one but the first seed did not crack so I put another in water. Second seed cracked and I planted it. It came up and grew a while before the first seed decided to show small amount of white embryo. I put it in peat pellet and it actually came up. It’s was slower than any seed I’ve ever planted. It does seem to be doing ok now but still sluggish. The TMH is a cross of Mullimbany madness x haze 21 male crossed with a late flowering female Ka5h. Three plants are doing ok.

Soil is recycled fox farm with compost added. Initially, I potted into unammended soil. Uppotting the two ka5h I put in 1-2 tablespoons dolomite lime per gallon of soil, 1-2 tablespoons of bone meal, 1-2 tablespoons gypsum. They were in small containers to long and showed signs of nute deficiency. I can’t forget these like lots of nutes. I’ve got some organic nutes on the way from coast of Maine. I was using their soil for a long time but find fox farms easier to deal with. I’ll see how the nutes do now.

Corintos are doing well with unammended soil, I’m thinking due to being either landrace for close. The TMH are also so far so good with soil. I will amend these though. Still have some uppotting to do but will get there.

Here are the corintos:

330ABBDF-F772-409E-9CA8-6DB166168F32.jpeg
2C3E1B47-4295-451F-AA1F-5A06585C84F2.jpeg
330ABBDF-F772-409E-9CA8-6DB166168F32.jpeg 2C3E1B47-4295-451F-AA1F-5A06585C84F2.jpeg

Here are two ka5h:

779ABE46-3C84-49BD-AA56-6CFC885665AE.jpeg
237A1695-B4A4-40A9-826A-4D6F87D90A90.jpeg
779ABE46-3C84-49BD-AA56-6CFC885665AE.jpeg 237A1695-B4A4-40A9-826A-4D6F87D90A90.jpeg

And finally some TMH

35693A0B-45A4-4366-86C6-FFDB62606992.jpeg

E8282000-56B5-44C0-B6B4-361025FDA686.jpeg

blondie

Got everything up potted into larger containers with some organic Nutes. The grow is shaping up nicely. I’m going to take some clones this run and see how it goes. One corinto is ready and I’ll take some today or tomorrow. Next is Ka5h clones.

Overview of the grow below. Also have some kale, bok Choy, and lettuce going for fresh winter greens.

4FB4915F-78E7-4961-BACC-E42DD11A24C8.jpeg

Next is the two ka5h in the foreground. Coming along well and enjoying their new pot. Behind the two ka5h is a corinto and left back is a TMH.

7E448A7F-0E51-44F7-BA1D-552524DD4914.jpeg

Next my Thai Mal Hz cross. The father (mm x hz 21) was a bit finicky as I’ve seen posted by @Koondense . The cross seems to have inherited this as the leaf color looks off. I think it’s low P maybe. Anyone agree? Just added organic bone meal and hoping it uptakes quickly.

C1324B96-8565-4275-BB37-D594968DAED2.jpeg

Lastly my shining star of this grow corinto. This plant has grown faster and stronger than any other this grow. Planning to clone this one hoping it’s female.
A1A97A3F-F9BC-4A5C-8308-2BB4303A5F7D.jpeg

blondie

Lots happening in the grow room. I’m feeling chatty so if you want images, skip down to the bottom. Thanks for stopping by.

Got my latest ph pen and am hoping this one actually works. One model up from what grandpa millennial suggested a while ago. I’m needing distilled water for calibration so tomorrow. Was ready tonight but no known 7.0 water around.

A6051C24-5114-473E-B9D0-A30418FDF5B3.jpeg

Worked on one of my compost bins. I added 1 quart earth worm castings for every three quarts composted happy frog/ocean forest and a quart of large sized perlite. Per roughly every 4 quarts of soil, I added in two tablespoons of coast of Maine nutes, two tablespoons dolomite lime, two bonemeal, two gypsum. The compost bin is quite a large amount of coffee grounds, tea leaves, and fruit pieces. I read somewhere maybe my ph might be off due to coffee and tea so am waiting on my ph reading. Hoping the soil is not over nuted. ??

Somewhere in this bin there was half dozen or so worms I found in the garden. I didn’t see them when moving a quart of soil at a time. Bottom of the compost bin stunk. Job was overdue by far. Now the lid of the bin is soaked. I think time to keep the lid off. Anyone compost with the lid on?

93181A60-2222-4A66-93DC-3D150AD27BCF.jpeg

Ran some water through the corinto and Measured 643 ppm. Seems high but I’ve heard conflicting opinions about organics and ppm. Since my leaf tips are somewhat crispy, seems this number is high. PH tomorrow..

Here are my corinto shots. Three plants doing fairly well. The damaged one was nearly lost, but new growth looks good now after some new soil. Got my clones going from the best plant.

55A70B24-6BE4-48A5-AEFF-0895336D4204.jpeg

1B287640-D667-4497-A097-C38962E6AE52.jpeg

B27980C9-42B7-49AE-8F9C-6BC24C3F42FA.jpeg

blondie

It’s time to get my flower tent going as I’m running out of room! Welcome @Maria Sanchez . All plants growing fairly well though im still not quite dialed into new nutes and these newish LEDs. I add a few more garden plants. Dino kale, some lettuce, and more bak choy. Seeds are just breaking ground now.

My three TMH plants are going well, though one needs a cal mag dose. The male pollen donors were my first led grow and were likely F2s of the bushweed release of mm x nh 21. Thanks Colorado Sativas. I had one female out of I think five plants. One male opened pollen sacs very early and was removed. Other males were slower and moved to the veg tent, where they also eventually gave pollen. Pollen was frozen and I still have a bunch. The females mothers were from my last grow, two ka5h from Ace. These two plants were a little off in that one was shorter, bushier but longer flowering. The other stretched like crazy and I had many colas but it was a quick flowering female. I had these long enough to get seed from but had to chop earLy so didn’t sample the bud sadly. The seeds going now are from the shorter bushier longer flowering mother.

Plants look good, fairly narrow leaf. Not sure what is dominant in these. Close to up pot and flower time. My soil is cooking nicely though and I want to give some more time before I use it.

Some jpegs of the three TMH. And an overview of the crowded tent.

Attachments

• DA0D3299-D9C9-4063-B04C-ED7E2889B902.jpeg
    DA0D3299-D9C9-4063-B04C-ED7E2889B902.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • B3743493-5E3D-47D8-9B71-EB4078F75AF4.jpeg
    B3743493-5E3D-47D8-9B71-EB4078F75AF4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 0D9FBFBB-8164-4934-BFAE-81C5EF25397B.jpeg
    0D9FBFBB-8164-4934-BFAE-81C5EF25397B.jpeg
    993.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 754BAE27-2F9D-4A92-B4BF-8C5D20174AEE.jpeg
    754BAE27-2F9D-4A92-B4BF-8C5D20174AEE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

StickyBandit

Looking good in there.

That TMH seedling looks so much like a Northern Lights cut I received around '96/'97.
Along with another cut of Silver Pearl, they were my first time growing the big name Dutch strains of the day.

Keep us posted!
I had a silver pearl back in the 90's, super strong and the most pungent weed ever! Couldn't have it around as you could smell where it had been stored for weeks after :p

Last edited:

blondie

Greetings to everyone. Got my PH meter up and running. Rainwater PH is 6.7 . Runoff is 7.1 . I’m thinking this tells me my soil PH is A touch high. I converted ppm to ec and it’s about 1.2 - 1.3 . Sticky you said your corinto ec worked well at .9? Don’t recall now.

The ka5h are not liking this soil but everyone else seems happy. I am beginning to add a weekly dose of cal mag now. My one TMH Showed noticeable leaf color improvement after last nights cal mag watering. Either gypsum is not doing it or just hasn’t broken down yet.

@Timj in your organic soils do you measure your runoff ec? Wondering what your values are if so.

Maria interesting about NL. I guess at least one of these is a haze leaner. I’ll get some closeups here and welcome anyone comments about what looks to be dominate. So much potential genetics with the TMH. I’m hoping for something Thai dominant. I’ve yet to knowingly try a true Asian sativa. The mm x 21 is closest I’ve come.

StickyBandit

Hey blondie, good to see you up and running (y)
Do yourself a favor and try running the Corinto in a 10L coco hempy if you can. So easy and forgiving and easy to flush, easy to find the perfect EC and pH. I'll post a pic of my cuttings later. EC about 0.9-1.1 now that the roots are established. It may be just a smidge high as there's a little tip burn but that could be splashes from watering the Ghost Train Haze next to them...
I'm currently going away from soil for a while. This will also enable me to find the best nutrients without the soil variable or watering issues. Going to try some summer DWC grows also now that I figured out the secret (don't fill the water too high, maybe a third up the roots max and run an air stone ) ;)

Timj

I do not check the EC of the runoff. I do check pH after my 3rd cycle in 10 gallon fabric pots as I have high total alkalinity in my well water. But, I do a soil slurry test using soil from the root zone to accurately check my medium pH.

Maria Sanchez

I had a silver pearl back in the 90's, super strong and the most pungent weed ever! Couldn't have it around as you could smell where it had been stored for weeks after :p

Hey there Sticky Bandit!

Don't I know you from over at AFN? How ya been doin'?

Oh, yeah, that Silver Pearl. To me, growing local plants that were mainly what we'd now call sativas at the time, both the NL and the Silver Pearl were very short and stocky, and quite fast. The NL would just kind of bulk up into a mass of lumps and bumps, with a beautiful floral aroma, and a pretty good trichome coverage. Used to pick her at about 8 weeks from clones, and she brought down the flowering times of my local sativas when i crossed her and bulked them right up into big fist/forearm nuggets. But the Silver Pearl, she was even faster, and you could cut her at 7 weeks if things went well, though usually about 7.5. Deep dark green and super super sticky, with this blast of pine/cedar/almost minty freshness to her aromas. It stank, but in such a good way. Was so happy to get both those cuts at the time, and my garden was never the same after.

Maria Sanchez

Maria interesting about NL. I guess at least one of these is a haze leaner. I’ll get some closeups here and welcome anyone comments about what looks to be dominate. So much potential genetics with the TMH. I’m hoping for something Thai dominant. I’ve yet to knowingly try a true Asian sativa. The mm x 21 is closest I’ve come.

yeah, kind of weird, because NL is so indica heavy and these are nearly full sativas.
Just those hard jagged edges to the leaves and the way they hang down, looks so similar.
But plants can change so much once they hit flowering, from thick to narrow leaflets, and internode length. Really have to see her through to the end to know what she has in her ancestry.

blondie

None of the weed I had back in the day ever had a name. It was good weed or shit. It’s interesting hearing things like Maria and sticky posted.

Lots of work this afternoon. Cleaned my second tent up. Got my four self watering systems cleaned and set up. up potted 2 ka5h and 2 corintos into either five or seven gallon fabrics. I’m going to up pot the others in a few days. Getting ready to flip to flower. It want the plants to veg a bit more. The one corinto bent over nicely and should give side branches a boost.

I measured my tap ph and it’s 8.2 about. Not going to use that water!

Two ka5h and two corinto and space in the other tent. Those are the three TMH on the right in the last picture.

Attachments

• FC0A588A-97A1-4190-A7AE-41E77D742E9A.jpeg
    FC0A588A-97A1-4190-A7AE-41E77D742E9A.jpeg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 41
  • F6547E1C-50D3-46C7-A0B3-47D78B37A244.jpeg
    F6547E1C-50D3-46C7-A0B3-47D78B37A244.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • D732197A-E9AE-4887-89F5-5A7F505707BC.jpeg
    D732197A-E9AE-4887-89F5-5A7F505707BC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

StickyBandit

None of the weed I had back in the day ever had a name. It was good weed or shit. It’s interesting hearing things like Maria and sticky posted.

Lots of work this afternoon. Cleaned my second tent up. Got my four self watering systems cleaned and set up. up potted 2 ka5h and 2 corintos into either five or seven gallon fabrics. I’m going to up pot the others in a few days. Getting ready to flip to flower. It want the plants to veg a bit more. The one corinto bent over nicely and should give side branches a boost.

I measured my tap ph and it’s 8.2 about. Not going to use that water!

Two ka5h and two corinto and space in the other tent. Those are the three TMH on the right in the last picture.
Try adding the recommended bottle nutes to the water THEN test pH. Very low EC water can be fickle :)

StickyBandit

Here's a recent pic tonight of the corinto clones in straight coco 2L pots with a handfull of clay balls in the bottom for drainage. I just drown them about every 2 days with 1.1EC pH6 water. All 18 babies thrived :)

CorintoClones.JPG

Here's the parents in soil. Lots of little problems. Hard for me to keep healthy and a long way to go yet
Corintos.JPG

P1020516.JPG

ost

Lots happening in the grow room. I’m feeling chatty so if you want images, skip down to the bottom. Thanks for stopping by.

Got my latest ph pen and am hoping this one actually works. One model up from what grandpa millennial suggested a while ago. I’m needing distilled water for calibration so tomorrow. Was ready tonight but no known 7.0 water around.

View attachment 18904322

Worked on one of my compost bins. I added 1 quart earth worm castings for every three quarts composted happy frog/ocean forest and a quart of large sized perlite. Per roughly every 4 quarts of soil, I added in two tablespoons of coast of Maine nutes, two tablespoons dolomite lime, two bonemeal, two gypsum. The compost bin is quite a large amount of coffee grounds, tea leaves, and fruit pieces. I read somewhere maybe my ph might be off due to coffee and tea so am waiting on my ph reading. Hoping the soil is not over nuted. ??

Somewhere in this bin there was half dozen or so worms I found in the garden. I didn’t see them when moving a quart of soil at a time. Bottom of the compost bin stunk. Job was overdue by far. Now the lid of the bin is soaked. I think time to keep the lid off. Anyone compost with the lid on?

View attachment 18904323

Ran some water through the corinto and Measured 643 ppm. Seems high but I’ve heard conflicting opinions about organics and ppm. Since my leaf tips are somewhat crispy, seems this number is high. PH tomorrow..

Here are my corinto shots. Three plants doing fairly well. The damaged one was nearly lost, but new growth looks good now after some new soil. Got my clones going from the best plant.

View attachment 18904327
View attachment 18904328
View attachment 18904329
some garden plants pack bad disease,plant vectors,that hurt cannabis growth!watch what is grown in the same space as your cannabis!

blondie

@ost good points. I started all from seed though and am using same soil as from my cannabis. My thinking is garden veggie disease has to come from an external source or a plant I buy at the garden store, so my indoor grow should be ok. Comments??

Corinto price.. I recall around 225.00$ US I think it was for 10 beans. A member here grew them out and had good things to say. They do seem fickle in my soil as well. One of mine is showing lots of signs of cal deficiency, but the other two are not. Early on one nearly croaked for unknown reasons. A run or two should get this strain dialed in. I’ve got more seeds and will attempt to make some this run if I get a male. Sticky ran 10 I think and zero males. I’m actually thinking of taking some of my Punta Rosa pollen and introducing to a fine corinto female.

Sticky thanks for the info. I’ll get ppm for my tap and rain. Forgot about those two. Not sure I want to invest in more gear (hempys) or not. I’ve been making changes the last many grows and I’m thinking stop making changes and use what I have and get it dialed in. New LEDs, new soil, new water system, new Nutes. I’m nearly ready to throw in the towel with organics though.

Lots more to say but time for a bong hit.

StickyBandit

Yes, you relax mate :)
You don't need to invest much for a hempy, just a bucket with a 10mm hole drilled 50mm up from the bottom. Fill to just above the hole with clay balls so the liquid gets soaked up to the coco and fill the rest with coco, I place a bit of mesh over the hole so the bugs can't enter. You don't even need to test EC, just start with half the mix the bottle says and work your way up till they look green and don't have tip burn. You flush the res 20%ish as you go so no need to test runoff. Water from the top or the bottom if you insert a tube down into the balls, so easy and flushable/EC change instantly. The great thing is they don't suffer from too much water, it just runs out the hole especially if you tube feed to the bottom. Easy peasy :)
I got some instructions from Hempy who has been using this method for many years and swears by it, even with the hard to grow haze strains he has