What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cops on ICMAG

Sour Joe

IMO the entire globe needs to look at how MJ became illegal in the first place. Who stood to profit the most and least and which couple wars was actually centered around MJ. How Americas fore fathers grew weed and how it runs the world. What hemp can be used for to save the trees and great plains, instead of destroying what little heaven god has given us and making it a complete hell. Its pitiful. Grow on

G

grozzef

well... i was lookin after seein this thread and stumbled on this and thought it was kinda funny, *link removed* the dea has a museum complete with gift shop in VA. lol bet they got lines out the door every day when that shit opens!!

Last edited by a moderator:

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
the DEA is great!

125285d1245262472-steve-vai-triumphinsultcomicdog.jpg

for me to poop on!

The DEA is NOT on here looking at us. No matter what the front man says, they ARE following the "leave the pot people alone" thing in mmj states (except for the occasional asshole who brags how much money he makes on tv). They are working on GANG-RELATED activities, specifically things like MS-13 and the Mexican Mafia bringing tons of drugs in the country. Your state police MAY have some helicopters, but it is NOT like it was 10-15 years ago. How do I know? My buddy's uncle is one of the top dudes in the DEA in DC. My buddy flew on outdoor grow search flights back in the 90's. All they have time and money for is the big dudes right now.

Now, if you live in a small town, and your town can't support its police officers, you can bet that the sheriff is applying for every stupid grant out there from the govt so he can continue to employ his officers. Then what you want to do is make sure that you have some kind of a legit job and schedule, that you don't speed, that you keep your car all legit, that your house is maintained and your yard is cared for, that you pay taxes and are a vanilla law-abiding citizen. And you really ought to find a way to pay taxes on at least some of your grow and not live an extravagant lifestyle that's obviously cash-funded.

If you're in a major city, you can look on the police's web-site and find out what kind of drug squad they have as well as the number of officers. Then you can look and find out the actual population of your city and find out how many officers there are per person. You will probably find that there are definitely NOT ENOUGH officers to protect you, the felonious pot grower, from all the other criminals out there.

Now if something unforeseen happens and you get busted through bad luck, obviously, the cops are going to bust you. Or if you draw attention to yourself by breaking the rules above, or being aggro and causing people around you to REMEMBER you as a difficult person, or you allow yourself to have beef with people, when you know you can't afford it, well that's how to get busted.

Also, if you are single, and pick the wrong girlfriend, or you are married and fuck over your wife, you can expect to get busted. Or if you're married to someone who is seriously ANTI and you insist on growing, you can expect to get busted.

Of course, the Any Given Day rule always applies. You can get busted over something that wouldn't normally draw attention to you on any given day. But if you look at the advice from the people who've been bust-free for 20+ years, you'll find that they follow all the rules above, and I'm sure they will chime in and add any other rules I've forgotten.

As a pot-grower, you give up some freedoms (like the freedom to be an asshole or not get along with people), in order to grow with less risk. It's a choice you make, and I'm pretty happy with that choice. I don't know why people act like attention-whores and assholes and then want to know why people fuck with them. It's incomprehensible to me.

Last edited:
G

gdawg

^^^That was a great post and some wise words right there for the next "crop" of farmers.

cyat

Veteran
it's not as friendly as people think mmj states at least california. The police told a dispensary owner that they found em on weed maps. In some counties police are actively involved against mmj they try and set up people who are legal by lying and entrapment saying they have cancer beg you to meet them some where with intent to arrest you and they do
They also extort money from shop owners with threats and fake documents and
intimidation tactics
I dont think they are really on here but who knows. on weedmaps and craigslist they are mmj watching for sure
lotsa passes are given in many ways but its a huge grey area

Norkali

Very well said Mountain, and also relieving at that.

Yes, paranoia will destroy ya'.....but it is also wise to be more safe than sorry, in my opinion; just a reminder to everybody...:tiphat:

Acting white bread, polite, and law-abiding is the best way to continue to be NOT-law-abiding. And although in a lot of places it's ok to grow, it's STILL illegal federally, it's just better to fly under the radar.

Dojo

I was watching this report on dateline NBC...it was kinda out of date with horrible 90's hair cuts and clothings but the point was this....

Thier was this agent on a CC hacking forum and they showcased how he got accepted into the community rose in the ranks and eventually became the forum master....after accusing another member of being an agent.....

I think it was called spynet? and the dudes name was spyder or somthing...was freaky

SO with that said I wont live in fear for growing a plant and consuming it unaltered from nature...how the fuck you gonna tell a human they cant GROW a plant?...I feel like jesus times and good people are getting cruxified for spreading peace...its like back in the day how you could be killed for saying the earth was round or earth revolves around the sun.....

Jailing a human for growing a plant with your imaginary laws....YOU CANT STOP PEOPLE FROM BEING HUMAN

Potency

I was watching this report on dateline NBC...it was kinda out of date with horrible 90's hair cuts and clothings but the point was this....

Thier was this agent on a CC hacking forum and they showcased how he got accepted into the community rose in the ranks and eventually became the forum master....after accusing another member of being an agent.....

I think it was called spynet? and the dudes name was spyder or somthing...was freaky

SO with that said I wont live in fear for growing a plant and consuming it unaltered from nature...how the fuck you gonna tell a human they cant GROW a plant?...I feel like jesus times and good people are getting cruxified for spreading peace...its like back in the day how you could be killed for saying the earth was round or earth revolves around the sun.....

Jailing a human for growing a plant with your imaginary laws....YOU CANT STOP PEOPLE FROM BEING HUMAN

Let the truth be told.

R

rick shaw

Some people have short memories. On January 30 2006,RCMP shut down Cannabisworld.com, Overgrow.com,Heaven Stairway Seed Co. and Eurohemp.com.Several contributers to this website were arrested and prosecuted. Two months ago a San Jose task force arrested several people advertising 215 delivery.

There are John :)

A cop who is a sister of my good grower friend had my details ran through the system a few nights ago upon my request.

Clean bill of health, no red flags and if ever there is a search warrant granted I'll be the first one to know :)

God bless small towns, good friends and good honest cops who know what a real criminal is.

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ambition

Is a proxy completely necessary?
No. I have no idea whether or not the feds have utilized the Patriot Act provisions that would allow for fairly easy IP acquisition without the consent of the website owner. Know that such technology exists, indeed. But whether they choose to utilize it, I highly doubt. There are dudes with 10-15K watt ops posting on this forum and others, have been doing so for years, and haven't been taken down (unless you're going wayyy into conspiracy land and believe these cats are plants).

A lot marijuana grow busts have a disturbing amount of information that is difficult to get to the bottom of in the paper and in court records. No doubt the rats are up to their balls in shady shinanigans.

We growers sacrifice a big part of our social health in that we must live, essentially, a lie for the better part of our social interaction. Naturally, websites like this serve as an outlet for like-minded people. I have been posting grows for years, interacted with many breeders, and truly believe that the internet pot growing forums is the least of your worries. The biggest realistic thread I can fathom relative to pc activity is A)delete your shit from your camera immediately. If you lose your cam in the woods, game over. B) your computer will be seized in a raid. Good look getting your slick lawyer to find a way to talk his way out of your post history here.

igrowone

Veteran
B) your computer will be seized in a raid. Good look getting your slick lawyer to find a way to talk his way out of your post history here.

computer seized is pretty much a given
but if you setup your browser properly, there should be no tracks, i.e. no password retention, cookies, etc.
so there should be no tracks back to your account
but from the accounts i've seen, they may use it in the 'list of charges' to pressure the plea deal
but haven't seen any mention of a case where they took it to trial, not for the typical small grow anyways

compost

I don't think they officially use this website as a means to gather information. I am scared of how 84ish this country has got in the last 9 years but I also am not so paranoid that I think they waste a ton of time on this. If the biggest thing the DEA had to go after was home growers this country would be doing ALOT better.

I think cops do come on here and read a bit to learn. If I was one of the drug cops in an area I would come to a place like this to learn about the behavior of the participants to enable me to be a better cop(as alot of us do with the cops). Its always good to study ones adversary to be better prepared when you meet. At the same time its alot easier to get information from intimidating rats and ignorance. Why do you think weed is still illegal???? With Pot illegal it makes it easier for cops to get after the bigger drugs. 20% of americans use it compounded by its odor that makes it easy to detect. With this cops can go after alot of people and eventually numbers will lead them to bigger and better things.

That being said I think some people can be WAY to loose with there information on here at times(which I would be guilty of myself). Of all the forums I check when I log on it is the security forum. Well lets make sure we don't give away to much of our own security trying to be safe.