What's new

Cooling Closet Without A.C hood?2*400HPS?

hashit

Possible? Yes!

f0465l.jpg

This room is 3.2 ft wide x 6 ft long x 8 ft tall

Would I do it again? No!

I had to leave my closet door open AND leave the AC (window unit) on 24/7...even when the temps dropped to the 60's outside...although I did grow some wonderful bud.

Now I used an air cooled hood and I can leave my door closed:
picture.php

I used a cool-tube before this current grow...worked well but the light footprint sucked. Here are pictures of that setup, which will give you a better idea:

hbe8v.jpg

DzIi2.jpg

Carbon filter is installed during flowering, which can be seen on the top left.
iIHeb.jpg

Temp's do not go above 82 in 100+ weather...I average around 75F.

B

blueberry dank

hashit what intake did you use?also when you did it WITHOUT the a.c hood..how did it coool?temps?...did you exhaust the hot air out somehow..explain more in detail the time you DIDNT use an a.c hood...

did you use intake..or just left the bulb in there without any exhaust/etc....

BTW BEUTIFUL plants

hashit

hashit what intake did you use?also when you did it WITHOUT the a.c hood..how did it coool?temps?...did you exhaust the hot air out somehow..explain more in detail the time you DIDNT use an a.c hood...

did you use intake..or just left the bulb in there without any exhaust/etc....

BTW BEUTIFUL plants

I use a 400cfm inline fan when I purchased the cooltube. Before the ac hoods, the room just cooled with the door open...there was a shit load of stagnant air and my entire house warmed up, but I have AC window units so they draw out the warm air. Without AC, temps got up to 95+...

So yea, it was just a bulb in the reflector, nothing else. If you have access, cut a small 6 x 6 inch square (using 6inch ducting) into your ceiling and work the exhaust ducting through the attic. Luckily, I don't have to run much ducting since I'm near the back of the house.

Now that I leave my closet door closed, fresh air comes in from the bottom and sides of the door...you can feel a cold draft if you lock yourself in the room. This is due to the 400cfm fan and the negative pressure that it creates.