What's new

Cool things to bring to Amsterdam?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
before i forget, someone could make me very happy by bringing me some horlicks. don't know why but i can't get it localy. halva is great too, but i can get that at my local turkish store. so for me its walkers crisps and horlicks malt drink from england and maybe some original jelly belly jelly beans from the us. i'll gladly pay what it costs, or bring some swiss chocolate to trade.

Dr. D

Veteran
Im sure Horlicks wont be a problem :joint: between us UKer's i think we will have aall your needs covered...peace

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would love some of those jack daniels sugary sweets ya gave us last year baccas, they were delicous.
Also if anyone can accomodate id love some chocolate brownie mix, a real super rich and sickly type and some cookie dough if possible (am i right in thinking you can get tubs of cookie dough like the little lumps you find in the ice cream coz i love that stuff).
Cant wait, gonna be so much fun.......
Peace

Dr. D

Veteran
Jack Daniels sugary sweets??? either i was so high i cant remember them or i didnt try those..i think prolly the first :chin:

Last edited:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were some kind of jack daniels sugar coated nut........sure ya tried em.
Peace

R

Ronley

Alex-F said:
You seem to be the Halva expert :D

Sounds lovely, I think we'll have some of that if you're bringing some :yummy:

LOL and I will bring you some.

Here is a photo of the Halva stand at the food, fruit and veg market in Jerusalem. It is one of the best food markets in the country. I love that place. The food is always presented so beautifully and the place is alive with vibrant colours, flavours, smells, and sounds.
Every time the market seller sold some halva he would rearange his stand.
They sell it by the half kilo and todays price is 11 shekels, (thats about $2.5 US.)
Extremely cheap.
My sister took these photos today. The weather in Jerusalem was extremely cold and rainy, and so the market is pretty empty. Usually on a thursday it gets very full as people buy stuff for the sabbath.
The next photo shows the Olive stand.
These pictures sort of portray the feel and atmosphere of the market.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Hmm...halva and hash go together like beer and pot...the ultimate munchie food? :confused:
LOL :D
LMAO halva and hash look very much the same. :D

G

Is that the Jaffa Rd market? They had a great falafel stand there when I was last in the vicinity (6 years ago or so)...

edit-my apologies for going somewhat OT... I just start thinking about that falafel and I forget my manners.

Last edited:

Jahminded

I just did a bit of research. It would cost me just over $100 to send 30 lbs.(pounds)/13.6 Kilograms to Amsterdam. That is some serious munchies going on there....

I was thinking of sending myself a box before I leave so it will be waiting there for me.....hmmmm.

C

Chamba

Gypsy should have a Munchie Competition at his shop at the beginning of the 4/20 Cup for the best imported munchies..and then we could eat them all

I'll bring the Vegemite!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....Hey Ronley......nice report on the Halva.......at $5 a kilo.......I'll take 10kg......

......then I could set up a little 'Freebie Halva' stand at the 420 Cup........and give away little pieces of the fine confectionary!!....
...ding! IDEA!

guineapig

Veteran
Hey Ronley I was there in 1996 and the selection of food and vegetables was the best i have ever seen in the world.....now there is a country which knows how to GROW SOME PRODUCE!!!

seriously it is the truth......try the Falafel outside of Herzelia....mmmmm

gp

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Ronley, thanks man and thanks for posting the pics that looks su yummy :yummy:

FJ, exactly my thought, I think I'll come home after the 420 twice the size I was before :biglaugh:

Gypsy, I think a full on munchie stall would be much apreciated :D

R

Ronley

Gypsy Nirvana said:
....Hey Ronley......nice report on the Halva.......at $5 a kilo.......I'll take 10kg......

......then I could set up a little 'Freebie Halva' stand at the 420 Cup........and give away little pieces of the fine confectionary!!....
...ding! IDEA!

Wonderful Idea Gypsy,
I will PM you and we can discuss this.

R

Ronley

People, dont forget that the Dutch have there very own munchie food,
Pofjkies, and stroop waffles. Delicious herrings and other fishes that you can buy from the fish boothes that are all over the country.
Which reminds me I have a photo of Nol eating a herring like the Dutch eat herrings, They down the whole fish is one shot. Astounding.

Pofjkies are delicious, and I bring home some stroopwaffels, They make excellent gifts.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Hmm I think us germans are only famous for beer 'n sausages :chin:

Anyone want any Sauerkraut?? :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Latest posts