What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Conversation Starter - What's Your Favourite Whiskey?

orechron

Balvenie 12 for scotch, Corner Creek for bourbon (comes in a wine bottle and used to be cheap until the company realized they could charge 50% higher and people would still buy it).

I don't have a preference for american whisky because I don't remember the nights in college when I tried any of them.

Crown for canadian I guess, but I'd only drink it if someone offered. Aren't many I like enough to buy a bottle.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
whiski is a way of no return ,a magic shit for fly in the ski by night /day, long life jeck and remember me for try space in the hell

A slice of cake makes your day.

Diabetes isn't fun.

Moderation is achievable.

So is alcoholism.

:tiphat:

Thanks for the grim warning, but I'm aware of my inevitable demise (regardless of cause).

And I, as I have found whiskey relaxing while stimulating, choose to enjoy my trip to hell.

:whee:

Does anybody remember Prohibition?

We should be knee deep in immortal codgers who never touched a drop...

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Got a fine glass in front of me this evening, Blanton's for the record.

I am enjoying the evening and just about to get a big glass of water, finish the bud of Sour Hazy Jones I started earlier and go to bed.

Bookers or snake river

For whatever reason I read this as "Boogers or snake river".

May need more bourbon now to erase this......

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm doing the final distillation for my first all grain barley / rye whiskey. 60% barley / 40% rye. Hopefully it comes out well after aging.

I'm drinking some of my first batch of corn whiskey tonight. It's not my favorite, but it gets the job done. :)

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
If you like your scotch neat...then try this excellent small batch Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey.

Watkins Select.
8812370264094.png

Don't let the low price offend you...$12 at Total Wine this weekend.
https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bourbon/small-batch-bourbon/watkins-select-bourbon/p/115780750?igrules=true&defaultPosition=115780750-1&s=

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I like my bourbon neat.

I like my Scotch with butter in candy :D

I'm willing to try it.

Oh and low prices offend me more than suprise roadhead.

norcal_sourD

Wow, if SML/StonedTrout is gunna chime in here, I guess I will too. Lol Say what you will but my go to is that Wild Turkey 101 haha, cheap but tasty. Notes of caramel, vanilla, maybe some coffee??... Throw it in a lil club soda with lime twist, twist up some fire, done deal.

Floridian

Veteran
It's still the mist,Canadian mist of course.For an inexpensive blend it really can't be beat IMO.Hoping to trade it in for a trichome covered flower or even some fresh rosin in about 40 days now..You want a real YEEEEEHAWWWWWW.No infringement intended my fishy friend..My yipididoodaa runs deep!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Suntori Hibiki it's Japanese. So much oak it tingles your gums. But slips down smooth.
I don't drink anymore but for $50 that bottle is awesome.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
used to drink the mist, but gradually the grain alcohol flavor began to come forward until i just couldnt drink it anymore
im having to slow way down over my medical issues nowadays
any whiskey is a 3 day recovery from neuropathy for me so i gotta chill until an occasion arises

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it used to be Jack Daniels Black label. then, it was Gentleman Jack. then, it became Jack Daniels Single Barrel. (do you detect a trend?:))
now, most of what i drink i catch in a shot glass straight out of a copper worm...:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
Got to admit.Canadian mist is the best bang for the buck.I don't drink whisky by the gallon anymore but when I did it was Canadian mist

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
it used to be Jack Daniels Black label. then, it was Gentleman Jack. then, it became Jack Daniels Single Barrel. (do you detect a trend?:))
now, most of what i drink i catch in a shot glass straight out of a copper worm...:tiphat:
hey ya old hippy @armedoldhippie , can i sip witcha?

Floridian

Veteran
As much as Canadian Mist is my go to,I have to admit to being a crown royal lover above all other whiskeys.A year ago after not having a drink for the previous 12 years or so I wouldn't have thought in a million years I would have been involved in this conversation much less imbibing on a daily basis.Soon I'll have my reefer back and say goodbye to alcohol once again.Can't wait

Latest posts

Latest posts