What's new

Controlling nitrogen (N) with general-purpose coco A+B nutes

G

The only way I can think of would be using the nute calculator to mix difference ratios of the A+B, otherwise your going to have to buy additional supplements.

G

You always have to use A & B in equal amounts.

What I would do is feed less with A & B and more with PK 13-14, and towards the end of flower dont even use A & B, just use PK 13-14. To get your micros back mix in some tap water or use a product like CalMag or SensiCal. This is what I am planning atleast.

If you read Canna's Coco tips they make the PK 13-14 specifically for this purpose. Thats why they don't make a veg and flower formula. Its a little weird but I am going to give it a try with my first coco run... I've heard a lot of good things on this forum and people have nice looking buds!

Last edited:
i coulda sworn i read that mojo gave his plants less a and more b along with PK
but i feel u ct this is one of th reasons im not going to use canna a & b
because u have to mix @ even ratios well at least thats what they tell u

G

In their coco tips canna says to use them in equal amounts

I don't see a problem with my idea... cannabis doesn't need any nitrogen during late flowering, so during flowering you can slowly decrease your A & B and increase your PK13/14... and eventually stop feeding with A & B towards late flowering, and you can give it micro's and trace's by feeding with CalMag, SensiCal, or Tap Water.

And they may not have a veg and flower formula but their A & B will work fine for veg, and you can basically make your own customized flower formula using A & B, and PK 13/14 together... I would think people would like that better, you can customize your formula easier right? Isnt that what we want?

Last edited:
G

smelltheflowers said:
In their coco tips canna says to use them in equal amounts

I don't see a problem with my idea... cannabis doesn't need any nitrogen during late flowering, so during flowering you can slowly decrease your A & B and increase your PK13/14... and eventually stop feeding with A & B towards late flowering, and you can give it micro's and trace's by feeding with CalMag, SensiCal, or Tap Water.

And they may not have a veg and flower formula but their A & B will work fine for veg, and you can basically make your own customized flower formula using A & B, and PK 13/14 together... I would think people would like that better, you can customize your formula easier right? Isnt that what we want?

Im just busting your balls :muahaha: What you can do is play with the nute calculator, and plug in the A, B, PK13/14 and see what kind of numbers you come up with..

but if your talking about making things easier, why not just eliminate the PK all together and just stick with A+B?

G

Indica Sativa said:
Im just busting your balls :muahaha: What you can do is play with the nute calculator, and plug in the A, B, PK13/14 and see what kind of numbers you come up with..

but if your talking about making things easier, why not just eliminate the PK all together and just stick with A+B?

Im not sure, whats the differences between a and b? I was just going by what canna says and they say to use a and b in equal amounts and add pk1314 if you need a PK boost.

knna

The problem is Canna dont provide the composition of A and B separately, but of the mix of both at equal amounts. No way of calculating anything.

Aditionally, we dont know how they mix and the percentage of each salt used in A and B. If they provide N mainly in the form of Calcium Nitrate, then lowering the B amount in the mix should lower the N content (and Ca, too). But we dont know in they add other N compound in the A bottle, although i think so.

The only way ive found to lower the N content is lowering the A+B dosage as flowering advances, and increasing PK. But PK is very strong, adding too much give more problems than anything, and reducing too much the A+B may lead to some deff. Im working from long ago on this issue and i havent found any good solution. Finally, im going to do my own nutes mix, i believe is the only way to have it tuned as i like.

What ive found in my experience is that is better using the coco nutes as reccomended by manufacturers, although it produces plants very green at harvest and requiring a decent curing until getting the best taste.

knna

Oh sorry, i didnt read last Gangsta Lean post.

Where you get the CannaCoco A and B ratios? It isnt in the link you posted. I searched for it long time. I read often the cannastats page and ive never seen the canna coco A and B composition. It would be neccesary know how micros are split in order to do a good nute regime based on diferential A+B amounts.

hxxp://www.plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=461&catid=2

also

EddieShoestring said:
stonedm-i'm not sure about your Q's but guessing that coarser coco may drain quicker-some people add other stuff to their coco and lots use it on its own

guys-i'm wondering about all the diff coir nutes that you can get and thought it might be interesting to compare the npk numbers because they are all different. I got a few to be going on with and will add more as i get them. Where there is a part a and b i've just added them together to give the final figure assuming this to be the right thing to do. apologies if this has been done before i searched but didnt find anything

coco NPK

Canna COGr Vega A: 3-0-0
B: 2-2-4
=: 5-2-4
COGr Flores A: 3-0-5
B: 0-3-2
=: 3-3-7
Canna Coco A: 4-0-1
B: 0-4-2
=: 4-4-3
Atami Coco Nutrition
A: 6-0-6
B: 1-5-6
=: 7-5-12
Hesi Coco: 8-6-10

Last edited:
G

Well can you use the A & B in different amounts or not?

For late flowering, lowering the amount of A & B and raising the PK13-14 could cause deficiencies from no A & B in the mix but couldn't you just add something like CalMag to get rid of the deficiencies? I mean it isn't going to have a N deficiency late in flowering... if anything it'll be a micro/trace which CalMag can solve, right?

clowntown

Veteran
Botanicare's Cal-Mag+ contains N as well. My bottle, the one with "NOW WITH TRACE MINERALS" labeling, has a 2-0-0 NPK and the guaranteed minimum analysis reads:

Total Nitrogen (N)...............2.0%
..............1.94% Nitrate Nitrogen
..............0.06% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen
Calcium (Ca)......................3.2%
Magnesium (Mg)..................1.2%
Iron (Fe)............................0.1%
..............0.1% Chelated Iron

Derived from: Calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, and iron edta.

By the way: There are a few threads floating around about how Botanicare's Cal-Mag+ is actually 3x the labeled strength, or something.... :chin:

G

Soo are you saying there's too much N in Cal-Mag to use in late flowering? Sigh what to do, what to do

N

Neptune

good post clowntown,

I can't answer your question, but I will say this is a good reason why I like the General Hydroponics 3 part. And also why I like Pure Blend Pro Bloom... it is low on Nitrogen right out of the bottle and you can control your N with the Cal Mag + product you have already refrenced.

I am finding a good recipie is:
PBP 10ml/gal Calmag+ 3ml/gal

PPM comes out at around 700 @.5, with a PH around 5.8.
I don't really want to go any higher than this in coco, as the nutrients tend to pile up a bit -- like rockwool.

G

Well Im still thinking about using canna coco a & b, and when I hit flowering slowly use less and less of it, and more pk 13-14. Instead of the cal-mag I am thinking AN Sensi Cal and EJ MicroBlast, just need to find out if they have any NPK.

Also going to try cannazym, rhizotonic, Liquid Karma, and i believe thats it for now, anyone know anything on sensical or microblast?

Latest posts

Latest posts