What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CONTEST #3: Essay (Cannabis Justification)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Fredster said:
Understand the fight is global & we are not alone

Amen to that brotha' Ive started makin' copies and began handing them out to Neighborhood associations in my city. EDIT: just mailed my congressman

thanks
bartender187

8cyril8

Sleepy said:
I would start by giving him the CHILDREN'S book: Its Just A Plant,

and would help him read it...cover to cover. by the time we are done, we would break for lunch..

i would then piss on his back and tell him its raining, cause thats what he's doin for me!

after his golden shower , i'd go find his wife and kids, and we'd all share some bogglegum...then, i'd get him to sign a law making personal cultivation, use, and possession of cannabis leagal for all above 18 yrs old in our U.S. of A.

thank you, Mr. "President" :eek:

-that's the diplomatic way
love that one.

R

Ronley

Bump.
This is really an excellent Essay Fredster, and should be read again by everyone.
Thank you for writing it.

F

Father Time

High,
yes it wa well worth reading the second time,a most execlent artical ther obviously been many-many-many hours put into research :woohoo:
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

G

just for the hailbut of it, jklol

just for the hailbut of it, jklol

One good reason prez baby
First Family,

Thomas Lee of Stratford, 1690-1750:
Founder of a Virginia Dynasty

Hey Bush thats ,
GreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreat Grandfather,
who wrote it on hemp
(the first draft for ur Bill of Rights
and the first draft of We the People
His son Lightfoot
( may "We" remind you George, a family member of yours on one side )
wrote it on Hemp
It was signed on Hemp,
And ur Flags were woven from it ! HEMP
Even that yankee loving Texas state flag of yours was on Hemp
And it was smoked at the party afterwards so Grandmother says
SO whats the problem with Hemp prez ?????????
not good enough for ya ????????
We say its legal so its legal
First Family &
The People

Name : Cannabis Indica, or Sativa
Xlnt for sails , rope , textile, clothing , feed , medicine, fuel, paper, housing materails, paint, Light ( lamp oil) and other un-yet discovered wonders and smoked for general good will with fellow man/woman and being mellow.

G

I just forwarded that message Fredster wrote to my parents (Conservative Republican anti-Cannabis anti-abortion)

They basically will never change their opinion on anything different to the Republican party. They make me sicker by the day, so sad. Here is the response:

I really do not want to cause any friction with you (or any family member) over anything that we disagree on, but I also need to state my reasons to you why I cannot agree with you about marijuana use. Of course, you have to be convinced in your own mind, and nothing I, or anyone else says may make any difference to you. This is something that is between you and the Lord.
However, I will give you my 3 main reasons why "I" am convinced that it is wrong to smoke weed:

1. It is illegal. Hebrews 13:17 says "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority". If anything is illegal, then we are to obey, for our safety and for the safety of our families. If alcohol was illegal, I would not drink it.
2. We are not to do anything that hurts our loved ones, regardless of what we believe is alright for us. Read Romans 14: 15-22. I would not deliberately put myself, or my loved ones, in an uncomfortable position by what I do, if it is at all possible, because that is not "acting out of love".
3. My father, your Grandfather, died a terrible death due to throat cancer (and he did not even smoke that much)...... this is simple genetics. I would not risk deliberately inhaling "any" kind of smoke because of our family susceptibility to cancer, and I would NOT want you to put yourself in that danger zone!
I love you, I love ****, and I love ***** and *****........ that is the bottom line...... why I cannot agree with you

fredster420

1. It is illegal. Hebrews 13:17 says "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority". If anything is illegal, then we are to obey, for our safety and for the safety of our families. If alcohol was illegal, I would not drink it.

She has never had a traffic violation - caught or not? = a double standard - we as Christians can NOT draw a line of Grace & then judge others for not adhering to OUR vision of Grace (that line) & not follow it our selves i.e. = We can not draw a line of Garce for others - we don't follow ouselves

I guess is an OK sin to drink causally... while others drink & kill others & them selves - ^ Alcohol kills 110,000 a year in the US alone While; all the illegal drugs combined in the United State kill fewer than 18,000 people. -

God draws the line - not man = Amos 7:8

2. We are not to do anything that hurts our loved ones, regardless of what we believe is alright for us. Read Romans 14: 15-22. I would not deliberately put myself, or my loved ones, in an uncomfortable position by what I do, if it is at all possible, because that is not "acting out of love".

Martin Luther King Jr.
Acceptance Speech for the Nobel Peace Prize

(exert)

I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.

We cannot in all good conscience obey your unjust laws, because noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good. Throw us in jail, and we shall still love you. Bomb our homes and threaten our children, and we shall still love you. Send your hooded perpetrators of violence into our community at the midnight hour and beat us and leave us half dead, and we shall still love you. But be ye assured that we will wear you down by our capacity to suffer. One day we shall win freedom, but not only for ourselves. We shall so appeal to your heart and conscience that we shall win you in the process, and our victory will be a double victory. Martin Luther King jr.

3. My father, your Grandfather, died a terrible death due to throat cancer (and he did not even smoke that much)...... this is simple genetics. I would not risk deliberately inhaling "any" kind of smoke because of our family susceptibility to cancer, and I would NOT want you to put yourself in that danger zone!
I love you, I love ****, and I love ***** and *****........ that is the bottom line...... why I cannot agree with you

Using granddads cancer (i am sorry) that resulted from a life time of smoking cigarettes (even a few a day) & being around decades of industrial waste in our factories & environment (before safety standards were put in place) ...Is not a fair comparison; as not 1 case of cancer in the US or world has been linked to Cannabis - yet on every pack of cigs - it says; = HEALTH RISK MAY CAUSE CANCER = In the United States, tobacco kills 430,000 people every year - guess that's ok to?

Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

I read the bible to

Good blessings
Fredster

Last edited:
G

I know Fredster I was pretty blown away that she would reply in such a way and completely disregard all the links and points you made to support them.

Here's my reply:

Hi Mom,
First of all, I didn't write that paper, as stated in the subject. It is well documented scientific argument against why a medecine should be available to sick people and also talks about other benefits of hemp which the US imports nowadays. You can agree with whatever you want. That's fine and most civilized people can agree to disagree on many issues in life. I simply forwarded you an interesting letter someone wrote with tons of facts, and unfortunately you chose to use it as a way to convey your stereotypes onto me and didn't read what was typed.

I have a reply to your comments thogh, and realistic ones:

1. It is illegal. Hebrews 13:17 says "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority". If anything is illegal, then we are to obey, for our safety and for the safety of our families. If alcohol was illegal, I would not drink it."

Medical Marijuana is legal in 11 States, including the state I live in, thank God. Medical MJ saves lives and it has been documented as super low toxicity, basically one of the safest plants on the planet. No deaths are attributed to it = 0.
Alcohol was illegal, it isn't now, so it must be good? It continues to be toxic and kills thousands daily, no one uses it as a medication. Tobacco products kill twice as many. The Government is a money making machine, not your Doctor.. Abortion is legal, it kills, it must be OK? It kills 100% of the time. I would never let any politician tell me what to take for my pain I've been living with, I've been to over 5 Doctors for my pain.

Have you seen this site?

http://christiansforcannabis.com/e107/news.php

"...And behold I give to thee every green seed bearing plant ...." - The Bible

That's an oxymoron, if the patient is in pain, how could he cause pain by medicating? Are you trying to tell me that a patient is hurting their relatives or their family by medicating with a plant rather than a pill? A person should die, suffer or be in pain because someone else has a prejudice against a form of treatment they chose to treat them? I want to see you tell that to a cancer patient.

Look, my kids make their own decisions once they turn 18. I treat it as a medecine like every other one. What do you mean? Are you telling me I'd hurt my kid? Do you seriously think I'm Irresponsible?

I don't agree with many of your beliefs and practices, yet why would I be in an uncomfortable position if you take toxic pills for Anxiety etc.Shouldn't I be happy that you are happier? Shouldn't I care about you, not what I am feeling?

I would never approach you the way you did though regarding your choice of medication, as a matter of fact I was very understanding when you told me you took that crap....

What does this have to do with Cannabis? No one has asked you to agree with smoking! Of course it is not healthy. Who said that? People medicate with Cannabis using pills, tinctures, oil, food products (whole foods), and vaporizing (inhaling vapors) which Asthma sufferers replace their pumps with as well as smoking.
Grandpa died of many things I'm sure, including poor diet, sedentarism, tobacco use, genes, all those.. The very hot air from the pipe/cigarrettes funneling into his throat is what does the damage to the throat and lungs, anyway. I never said smoking was healthy. I smoke sometimes and I like to vaporize, a practice used with all essential oils and herbs and recommended by my doctor, and that's when I'm in pain especially sometimes for anxiety and for depression and eat the oil for digestion and nausea. I don't smoke tobacco, and should not drink as it is toxic and does hurt me.

The guy's email was very well documented. It has facts facts that people are re-discovering per se. Papa is pretty much a Doctor who knows very well the pharmaceutical company's agenda. They want cash. If he discovered Cannabis protected the patient from Malaria, do you think he wouldn't write about it or use it for the pregnant women and the like who can't take the pills? What happened to science?
You can choose you own opinion and I know you guys are set in your ways once there, so I respect whatever you want to think. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I only make infirmed decisions, and science is a big factor. I am wary of your blind faith in the government to make decisions for you though, but that is what this world has come to. Why come back with such adament and emotional remarks?

What bothers me most is not even a silly prejudice or a plant issue, what bothers me is you never even asked me a question in the whole email you wrote me. All you did was try to push what you believe on me and almost threatened that I would hurt someone close to me by medicating a certain way when I'm in pain. All I did was forward you an email, you could have asked questions and tried to figure some of the stuff out. I didn't write that paper. You obviously have some pent up issues in relation to how I live my life and so I guess I have to maintain a more distant relationship with you in regards to parts of my life. I won't share things with you like a friend, because I don't feel you treat me like one, you still treat me like an adolescent apparently.
So unfortunate it is, that you let the government interfere in your personal and spiritual life.
Sorry to bother you, please don't worry about me and the kids, we're stronger and happier than ever.. Don't worry, be happy.
Peace and God Bless,

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
That's an excellent reply, I'm eager to see the response, if you choose to share it with us. I love seeing why people are opposed and their opinions, and sometimes it just amazes me at what people will stand behind for justification.

G

I know the contest is over...

I know the contest is over...

You know this sould be talked about always! Great job by everyone on those
essays!

I dont know if this sounds crazy or not! And I know this in no way would influence anyones oppinion on herb, that doesnt already love it! But it has always amazed me and I dont think anyone really thinks about it this way!

Plants that produce seeds. Produce them for one reason. To produce a new generation of plants or trees or whatever.
Take the apple tree. It produces apples with seeds to fall, be eaten and pooped out down the road! Where another apple tree will hopefully grow! Thats what the plant gets for its work.
No plant has done this like the cannabis plant! It is the king of all seed plants!
Traded and coveted all over the world for years and years!
This should be celebrated! And it would, if not for the fact that when cannabis was discovered by white man it was in a colored mans pocket.
If it was legal, The History Channel or something, would be doing a 2 hour special on how special this plant is.
If you are a Christian, cannabis shows the power of the life that God has created. Only God could have created such a plant.

I dout I would use this speech with the Pres. But it should be that easy!
You have to give them a reason to admitt they were wrong. And they have to be willing to give up the money made from busting people! That is going to be a battle!

Some laws come from need, some come from greed and some are just ignorant indeed!

Way to simplistic but in my world it would be so!

:chin: I dont know Im high, Willie!

G

All great ideas and words...but i like the Grace Slick idea, LSD is QUITE an EYEOPENER.
BUT, GMT....sounds good man. we are in the middle of the change now...so everyone keep at it! the letter temp. could be very usefull too, i think? P>Joe

blAsia

It is our moral obligation to disobey unjust laws... DMLKJr.

I don't know why people think that because leaders are elected means that they will do the right, and just thing. They don't, they have not, in many cases, and will not subject themselves to the will of the people. They have their own agendas, and kissing each other's ass, to get their agenda passed.

Was a government ever really elected to determine what you can eat, drink, or smoke? I think, know, not! How insane our society has become. I welcome the day a real revolution occurs to oust the criminally minded that run most countries, but, I am really speaking about the US.

I will never submit to most laws on the books that do not pertain to harming others, and the general issues involving the security of the country. People think that because we are in 2007, that a revolution can't take place... HMMmm, leaders in their time always believe that nothing like that will happen, but it can and should. The citizens should all get a copy of the current laws and vote which ones should still be in there. I can guarantee, if we saw some of those "laws" we would laugh are asses off, or really get pissed off. Most should not be on the books as laws in a free society. Then again, we haven't been free for a long time. Our gov., like any other, will maintain secrets and facts are classified for security and are never revealed to the citizens.... how right is that?

Good work Fredster. Hope you still pass your email around. MJ has absolutely nothing to do with God/Goddess, unless used for worship in a positive light. Jesus and any other spiritual leader would be pissed off with the "spiritual" leaders of today that try to blame everything on something else and not the individual's choices.

Our society is such that, for the common folk, both parents MUST work to survive, leaving their children in a school that teaches what??? Do we really believe, or want our children to believe all that is taught in schools (history with tainted facts, etc... math will be math, you know what I mean).

This week is national drug week and my child is being told not to smoke if someone asks you too, and not to do this, or that--which is good to an extent. Parents should be the ones telling them this, with open objectivity. But, since my child is 5, I would definitely not encourage any use... in fact I told em not to take ANYTHING from anyone unless mom or dad or someone of authority says it is okay... no food, no drinks, nothing.

When asked what a drug was, I was like, you are too young to worry about that, but alcohol is a drug that has killed many friends; medicines you take when you are sick are drugs--I avoided MJ because of personal reasons. At least he said he never wants to drink alcohol, and that was ok with me.

Don't turn my son into your spy, you piece of shit. Yes, it does have good points to have them being made aware of, but c'mon, he doesn't even want to eat the beans in chili. I don't think he would smoke, and if he did, I guarantee he would never do it again (coughing ass off and feeling like shit).

It really irks me how society tries to dictate personality. It is the parents responsibility to nurture your children and let them become the person they are, and would like to be. We are not perfect, but my love for my children is and I always have the very best intentions, and I do let them do some things that I know are not safe (like telling him if he doesn't wear elbow pads and he falls off his board he might get hurt... well, if he really wants to do it I let him, and after he falls, he knows why I told him that).

Drugs are a part of life, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but none the less, a part of life's experience. The so-called religious leaders of the world don't really accept that which makes them a true fraud. If you are Christian, as I was once (I am sort of a Neo-Christeo-Pagan in my heart, mind and soul) then you might recognize the only statement in the Bible that I believe could have come from Jesus:

Ask and you shall receive
Knock and it shall be answered
Seek and you shall find

If religious leaders obeyed this (surprised it hasn't been removed) then one could never say, well, the church believes this so if you disagree you will be killed, tortured or whatever we want.

Does the statement not clearly state that one should question with open eyes and not be led blindly? I think so.

anyway, maybe no one will see this, as it really got off subject of the posts, but, I had to write it somewhere and it kept coming out. I think the religious statements above quoted from the Bible were not only a poor argument, but were certainly not meant to be taken as they apparently are. Yeah, that and the fact that we are talking about dubya dckhead, set me off.

Peace everyone.

Good job Fredster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cakes

What we need is a review. All of our projects should undergo periodic review. just as we check our child's grades to see if the teacher is happy with him. just as we change building codes after witnessing a meltdown like 9/11.

The engineers of the Twin Towers are not to blame for the meltdown of the steel cores that led to their collapse. but we would be to blame if we did not review that incident and alter our future guidelines accordingly.

We always build for strength but new information comes to light.

So it is with cannabis laws and possibly a lot of other safety guidelines. We, as public guardians, must implement modern review practices into our system. or be guilty of the harm that comes from not doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.