What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CONTEST #3: Essay (Cannabis Justification)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
This contest is going to involve a hypothetical situation which you
will need to reply to with a most REAL explanation.

Prize: 1 pack of HighEnd (10 seeds) (Legends Seeds)

1 winner. 1 prize. This contest is over 3 weeks from now.
Admin of IC Mag will determine the winner.

Scenario:

You have been given the opportunity to visit the White House
and converse, one on one, with the Pres. himself as to why
Cannabis should be made legal. What would you say to him to
convince him to change policy?

Let's hear it!

:friends:
dg

G

I'd bring a suitcase full of cash... otherwise I doubt he'd pay much attention. :chin: Unless you brought some coke :wink:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I would say nothing... humbly, i would stumble into his office in a hazed stupor, and without speaking, ide hand him a burning joint of Rezdog's finest ECSD cured to perfection.

The true power of canabis would do all the talkin'

G

the idiot that is currently in the white house...thats so deep in "big oil" money that legalizing hemp for possable fuel would give him a heart attack and take a hit in his families deep wallet

wouldn't waste my time trying to talk scense into him...and since he was a Coke head and drunk in his youth...I'm sure he has smoked the herb and knows the effects and the hypocrisy in the drug laws
...how many legal drug recalls have been on his watch anyways...

...I would try to pull a "Grace Slick" and try to dose him with those 8 hits of very strong gel tab LSD I've had stashed for a few yrs now

...not that I think it would do much good
but it would be fun to kick back and watch the shit hit the fan
and/or mess with his head if I was alone with him for a few hrs (for the good of all people)

fyi: Grace Slick from the band Jefferson Airplane was gonna dose pres. Ford back in the 70's, when she went to the white house....but chickened out

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
lets just tell Jorge shrub that we can make oil from the cannabis and that if he is gonna use religion during his bid to rule the world he oughta read the bible it states in there some where cannabis is good .then puff a phatty with him and the rest of them war mongering morons he surounds himself with and mabee they will relax a lil and forget about trying to change everyones government to be like his regime

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Hmmm....well, the idea I had in mind was on a bit of a serious note. Like I said, it's a hypothetical situation, but instead of having a bit of an attitude to old George W. would be better to hear all the 'positive' things that could be said, after all there is much justification....come on ya'll, let's talk to him nicely and CONVINCE him with FACTS.

dg

Bigmone357

Legalize Marijuana !!

Legalize Marijuana !!

I would bring my sick friend with aids/cancer & let him explain to the pres. it helps ease his pain,helps appetite ,helps sleep better than any drug they(The FDA) have been approved, why is such a harmless but helpful drug illegal when morphine(opium) Alcohol& cigarettes & other man-made chemical corporation DESIGNED drugs are widely available legally dispensed(CONTROLLED) & gets people hooked to the point of physical withdrawl even ruining organs & lives. To lock up marijuana smokers is non-civil Mr.pres it's euphoric effects would help the world to be a better place even recreational use (Controlled like alcohol & cigarettes ,cigars,chewing tobacco) causing peace to the depressed ,stressed & overworked minds of the world & would save taxpayers dollars by keeping marijuana users/cultivators out of jails. let those cultivators be free & grow to help the future of the country.It would create a plethora of new jobs for many people. :canabis: marihuana is a cashcrop as much or more than corn & the plant is used for so many other things than just smoking. The indians where the owners of this country before you the "White Man" came & took it over they smoked & used marihuana as a valuable crop even smoked the peace pipe. If it's all about money mr.president then charge people for cultivating license / User's card to show if Law Enforcers pull us over with a sac or come to our home & see a bunch of beautiful MJ plants we don't have to get locked for not hurting any1 we are licensed marijuana users of age to consume & paid our way if we can serve in the military at such a young age why can't we smoke Mj "I thought this is the land of the free & the home of the brave" why do 'I feel like it's the land of the conditional freedom & the home of the intolerance for the occasional weed session"-lol How would u like if your mother was locked up for smoking Mr.President u could also stop the schwag dealers getting terrorists money from selling those imported/smuggled bricks & stricly focus your energy on the hard drugs that are smuggled like coke & heroin and let the americans have a chance at this freedom (right) and if it doesn't work them make it illegal again. I realize it was during segregation times back in the 40's is when it was made illegal because of racial reasons segregation is over so should the persecution of marihuana users/cultivators let's turnover a new LEAF MR.PRESIDENT STOP THE PROPAGANDA & WAR ON MARIJUANA do what's best for us & legalize it with rules & regulation at least give us a chance at freedom why should we be locked up with hardened criminals just for loving a plant that grows wild allover the planet hey it helps people & whether it's illegal or legal people will find a way to grow / use Marijuana cause it assists so many proud growers around the planet please Be compassionate to our needs & stop persecuting us instead of intolerance & control try tolerance & compassion for your own people.Have a great day Mr. President and I hope u take these words that I have spoken & reconsider the laws on MJ in this country & the world today. Later Bigmone357 :canabis:

G

I would go dressed conservatively and properly, and say as follows:

Good Morning, Mr. President, may I take the opportunity to tell you a bit about myself?

I come from a good family, grew up right next door in the Maryland suburbs. My father is well-known here in D.C. in diplomatic circles, Harvard grad with two PhD's. My mother worked for years in the International Relations department of a well-known university, I received an excellent education and had the opportunity to travel all over the world. My interests include art, music, museums, and culture in general. I was brought up with values and principles. I pledged allegiance to the American Flag with all of my school companions every single morning growing up, though I am not even an American citizen

This introduction, Mr. President, is to allow you to appreciate that I could easily have been your own daughter, in as far as education and social standing go. And that this country was my home for half of my life, and I deeply loved it. I've been living abroad for the past 20 years, and now when I gaze upon America as an outsider, I don't understand it anymore. There are so many things that scare me to death when I look upon American society today. The most incomprehensible of all to me being the US Governemnt policies regarding the personal use, posession, and cultivation of cannabis.

Yes, Mr. President....because this very proper, very educated lady which you have in front of you has been smoking cannabis for the past 28 years, and growing it for personal consumption for the past 5 years or so. Not only that, but 28 years ago the first taste I ever had of cannabis was with my mother, upstanding citizen in her own right. I am still the same intelligent and learned person who walked into this room 5 minutes ago ,and my mother is still the respected professional she was 28 years ago when I smoked with her for the first time.

You are not blind Mr. President, and you must know that there are so many professionals, so many absolutely normal people who use cannabis, probably a large number of your very own staff here at the White House. You know cannabis does no harm, you know cannabis does not cause people to act in socially deviate behavior such as alcohol, you even know that not only does cannabis not lead to the use of other drugs, but is used as an aid in combatting crack and cocaine addiction in other countries.

I know you are a busy man Mr. President, so I will not list for you the numerous benefits of cannabis use and its derivatives, but please, take the time to reflect on this if nothing else: There are so many people in pain and sick, for whom cannabis is the only relief, the only medicine feasible. These people are already part of a disadvantaged minority in a society that strives for achievement at an unsustainable pace, in a society where public health is a big problem. To make them outlaws and turn them into fugitives when they are only seeking to treat their illnesses in a more natural manner is paramount to adding insult to injury. Some steps forward have been taken, allowing individual states to decide on decriminalization for medical use. But its not enough. It takes courage to take a stand on this issue. It takes courage to go against the moral majority and it takes courage to face the facts, marijuana use not only is not harmful when confronted with alcohol and tobacco use, it has numerous and proven benefits.

Take a stand Mr. President, be courageous, move forward and act for these people and this country, if you just listen for a moment you will hear the voices shouting for the liberalization of marijuana, not only here, but all over the world. I would like to walk out of this meeting with the idea that for a moment, my mind has touched yours and that what I have most humbly put forth could be the seed of hope for those who suffer. All I ask is that you remove your society-imposed blinders and take the time to reflect on whether Americans are really being guaranteed the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Bluevelvet for President of the United States :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol, I'm still finding new corners of this site.

O.k. Mr President, listen:

You are involved in a war against terrorism. There are people in this world who are opposed to personal freedom of choice in life, and whose very existence is financed through the war on drugs. All over the world there are people who are addicted to herion and cocaine and their various derivatives. It destroys lives and needs to be got under control not only for the sake of the addicts and their families, but for the sake of the little old ladies etc. who face these mindless addicts in their homes while they are being robbed, or on the streets after picking up their pensions. Policepeople are being stuck with dirty needles while conducting searches on people. And these terrorists are profiting from this situation. While all this is going on your officers are spending their resources on chasing otherwise law abiding and tax paying citizens for using a drug that is safer than asprin. No one has ever overdosed from using cannabis, the lethal limit has been calculated at 22kilos to be eaten in a 24hr period. By legalising the small scale cultivation and sale of cannabis, Tax dollars could be generated, social security payments could be reduced, law enforcement resources could be used more efficiently and less of Americans' hard earned money would be going oversees to support people you don't want to be supported. In addition you could save money on the cost of drugs used in the treatment of certain medical conditions (the patents that have been protected by the criminalisation of cannabis ran out 3 years ago, so there's no longer a need to keep it illegal on those grounds), and far less of your citizens would feel ailienated by a system which wants to see honest, decent people prosecuted for turning to a safer form of recreational relaxant than alcohol. Which in turn would relieve the pressure placed upon state services when the consumption of alcohol leads to accidents or deliberate violence.
In addition to these benefits, you would cut the link between cannabis and the harder drugs that we agree should be illegal. By forcing people to find different places to buy their legal cannabis, and their illegal drugs, many who now find themselves thrying other drugs would never be in the position to try them in the first place.
So please Mr President, give it some consideration, stop spending limited resources on criminalising your own, otherwise law abiding, electorate.

But he wouldn't listen.

junit

I realize alot of you are just "better worded" people than alot of us. And can throw something together like this pretty easy.... But i think some of us would agree alot of people that want to get involved fail to just on lack of modivation, Fear or just really are intimidated by politics. Take the Average construction worker who comes home after 12 hour day and enjoys nothing more than Smoking 1-2 joints to relax and spend time with his family. Chances are this guy strongly Feels for our cause, but hardly has the time or "knowledge" to make his voice heard. That Construction worker would not know where to begin as far as how to get in touch with people, Statistics, etc....He wouldnt really have the knowledge to really speak to a "Politician" or an "Educated" person where his point would be taken seriously. Not that this man his stupid... or slow witted...Its not what he knows...He knows Rebar, or shingle.... Not debating.......

What I Suggest maybe someone who has composed something here... or could compose something slightly different. Bascially A Template letter that can be used by anyone on this site......... Something that points out all the unjust crap that goes on and that sounds well Written. But speaking in a General Standpoint allowing people to take it and "tweak" it if you will to Events that may be happening in their Area/State/Country. Ultimately to send to there local media or Congressmen/senate. Normal helps us get in touch with Everyone in our state that needs to hear our voices or has the ability to get our voices out there(TV/Radio/Newspapers) This document so to speak could be used in conjunction with normal. One letter will not sway anyone alone but if they start seeing and interest in a particular Subject people will ask questions.....If not for anything else just from a petition stand point i think it could be helpful..... What do some of you guys think?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I dont know, I think a phd grad. and a professional dog walker have the same number of votes, and thats what counts. There are from my view 2 problems. We are afraid of comebacks from putting our name to things, and there aren't enough of us. I really dont think that a poorly worded letter expressing genuinely held personal beliefs would get any less attention than a well worded one, I think they'd both get "filed" in the bin.

junit

Yeah.... Your Most likely Right...... which is the sad thing. Just a Crazy Idea. Masses of "dumb" people do not threaten the government. Its the few people who Sway the Masses to think differently than they are told who threaten them. BAH.... i dont know... maybe it would be cute for a contest in the future.......

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
He he, if we had the masses of dumb people on our side we wouldnt have a problem in the first place. It's those of us who are capable of thinking independantly from our education that are the both the problem for the govt. and the solution for the future. If you want to make sure your views are heard mate, tell your kids, and of course your IC buddies.
Trust me, letting off some steam online does wonders for your state of mind, This right here is my anger therapy.
P.S. What are Highend from Legends? I cant find any info about them at all.
Never heard of them before.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Dutchgrown said:
, let's talk to him nicely and CONVINCE him with FACTS.

dg

oh c'mon DG... whats more factual then puffin on the herb?

Bush's mind would be no match for the ECSD. He would have no choice but to give in. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

edit, btw, thanks for the contests DG, they keep things interesting.

bluevelvet- nice response girl, if i was to choose, ide nominate you to represent ICMAG to the ol' bush family.

We have war on drugs, a war on terrorism....

How about a war on poverty.... a war on education.... a war on healthcare. You know.... something we can acutally accomplish.

G

Thank you for taking time to visit with me today.

There is so much in the world today that troubles me;

The war in Iraq
North Korea’s WMD program & testing
Growing tensions in Syria & Iran
The genocide of a peoples group & the aids epidemic in South Africa
An education system in America that is falling behind the world’s standard
Elderly health care
Our inter cities are in shambles
Prison over crowding

The list goes on & on;

Surely we can agree that we live in troubled times;

Governmental leadership in troubled times takes dedicated, strong & courageous men & women that have exhibited strong values & morals in the face of opposition. As you are aware, they must be capable of making un-popular decisions for the good of the whole of the people.

I do not envy the task of trying to do the right thing for this great country with every decision.

History & God are watching your every move; I pray for you daily

Mr. President; you are a man appointed for this time in history & have set before you a great opportunity to put into in play a legacy of world changing decisions. I believe you have the chance to help restore the confidence to the citizens of America & to the world that America is the greatest country in the world.

Of the issues I feel I could can have the most impact on, one I am personally connected to & most knowledgeable of, is; the medical, recreational, & industrial use of cannabis/hemp.

As a concerned American, humanitarian, father, medical user & fellow Christian I can not for the life of me understand your administrations medical/industrial hemp/cannabis policy.

Medical use:30% of all the meds produced in the world before 1930 were made of cannabis with at least 27 of them made in the USA by companies like pfizer & eli lilly

Mr. Preseident, you were quoted in the Dallas Morning News on 10-20-99 as supporting states' rights to decide whether to allow medical use of marijuana: "I believe each state can choose that decision [regarding medical marijuana] as they so choose."

Evidence of the therapeutic value and limited toxicity of marijuana in the treatment of various symptoms and syndromes is rapidly accumulating
& advances in cannabinoid science have given rise to a wealth of new opportunities for the development of medically useful cannabinoid-based drugs.
*Source:The therapeutic potential of cannabis
by Baker D, Pryce G, Giovannoni G, Thompson AJ.
DB, GP, GG, and AJT are at the Institute of Neurology,
University College London, Queen Square,
WC1N 3BG, London, UK
Lancet Neurol. 2003 May;2(5):291-8
http://www.cannabis.net/therapeutic....hc-sc.gc.ca/hecs-sesc/marihuana/index_e.html

GW Pharmaceuticals
http://www.gwpharm.com/

Marijuana is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known.
*Source: US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Agency, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition," [Docket #86-22] (September 6, 1988), p. 57.

No one has ever died from an overdose, and it is frequently beneficial in a wide variety of therapeutic applications.

Including:

Tumors.
*Source:Haris, L.S., et al.: "Anti-Tumor Properties of Cannabioids" in Braude & Szara: Pharmacology of Marihuana;

Cancer. Marijuana can stimulate the appetite and alleviate nausea and vomiting, which are common side effects of chemotherapy treatment.
*Source: The journal 'Nature' ("Physiology: A hunger for cannabinoids" Vol. 410, No. 6830, p.763, 4/12/01)

Multiple Sclerosis. Marijuana can limit the muscle pain and spasticity caused by the disease, as well as relieving tremor and unsteadiness of gait. (Multiple sclerosis is the leading cause of neurological disability among young and middle-aged adults in the United States.)
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fus.../www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13625.html
2001 CSA reports - Medical Marijuana (A-01)

Institute of Medicine Report
http://www.nap.edu/html/marimed/

The American Academy of Family Physicians
http://www.aafp.org/afp/991201ap/2583.html
Marijuana: Medical Implications
JOHN R. HUBBARD, M.D., PH.D.,
SHARONE E. FRANCO, M.D., and
EMMANUEL S. ONAIVI, PH.D.
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee

American Nurses Association
http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/medical/pot/ana.html
Effective Date: March 19, 2004 Status: Position Statement Originated by: Congress on Nursing Practice & Economics Adopted by: ANA Board of Directors Related Past Action: 1. 2003 HOD Action Report: Providing Patients Safe Access to Therapeutic Marijuana/Cannabis

American Society of Addiction Medicine
http://www.asam.org/news/news10.htm
July/ August/ September 1997 Volume 12, Number 4

American Public Health Association
http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/MEDICAL/apha.html
American Journal of Public Health
March 1996, Vol. 86, No. 3, pp. 441-442

World Health Org.
http://www.cannabislegal.de/studien/who/approach.htm

British Medical Association
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/316/7126/239
Therapeutic Uses of Cannabis - BMJ 1998;316:239 (17 January)

and many others
http://www.perkel.com/politics/issues/endorse.htm
http://www.mymarijuanagarden.com/Grow_mmj-journal.html

The world's leading medical journal, The Lancet, has repeatedly called for legalization and rebuked the government for exaggerated claims about health risks.
http://cfdp.ca/lancet.htm

The New England Journal of Medicine
http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/MEDICAL/nejm.html

1876 JAMA, June 21, 1995 -- Vol. 273, No. 23

The "British Medical Journal" another leading medical journal has also taken a similar position.
http://www.thecompassionclub.org/library/bmj.html

Many patients also report that marijuana is useful for treating arthritis, migraine, menstrual cramps, alcohol and opiate addiction, and depression and other debilitating mood disorders.

A CNN/Time poll published November 4, 2002 found that 80% of Americans believe that “adults should be allowed to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if their doctor prescribes it. ...” Over the last decade, polls have consistently shown between 60% and 80% support for legal access to medical marijuana. Both a statewide Alabama poll commissioned by the Mobile Register, published in July 2004, and a November 2004 Scripps Howard Texas poll reported 75% support.
http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/pop/votes.htm

In 1972, a petition was submitted to the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs—now the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)—to reschedule marijuana to make it available by prescription.

After 16 years of court battles, the DEA’s chief administrative law judge, Francis L. Young, ruled: “Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known. ...
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_law1.shtml

In the meantime, patients continue to suffer and your administration refuses to listen too current research & the will of the people, prosecute medical users & spend billions of American tax dollars in a war on medical/recreational cannabis users that sends hurting American's to jail, destroying lives, causing families to break up, all the while trampling privileged Dr. patient rites & the freedoms of choice our fought for with blood charter guaranties.

This is beyond my comprehension of my beliefs in the way 'I believe' God works in the lives of His people & how a country should govern its people.

Our Supreme Court has stated congress needs to pass this law; our congress has the power and the responsibility to change federal law so that seriously ill people nationwide can use medical marijuana without fear of arrest and imprisonment.

In a stunning rebuke; 2 days after S.Court decision on states rights over medical marjuiana; the Rhode Island Senate passed medical marijuana bill S.B. 710 by a 34-2 margin

Clearly the will of the people & current research supports the medical use of cannabis.

Science has proven - the people have spoken - it's time for Government action.

Please support Marijuana’s placement in Schedule II, this would enable doctors to prescribe it to their patients.

Industrial use;- http://www.fbbn.com/cgi-bin/pod.cgi?dir=/Business/Agriculture_and_Forestry/Industrial_Hemp/

95% of all fiber products produced in the world up to 1880 were made of hemp

Cannabis/Hemp as a fiber product –
http://www.rawganique.com/index.htm

The American Farming industry is falling behind; & the full of values family farm has been all but turned to a wasteland by big corporation’s, government regulations/restrictions & high fuel prices

Cannabis/hemp fiber can add immeasurably to American agriculture and industry.

From the farmers' point of view, hemp is an easy crop to grow and will yield from three to six tons per acre on any land that will grown corn, wheat, or oat. It has a short growing season, so that it can be planted after other crops are in. It can be grown in any state of the union. Hemp's long roots penetrate and break the soil to leave it in perfect condition for the next year's crop. The dense shock of leaves, eight to twelve feet above the ground, chokes out weeds, eliminating the need for chemicals or pesticides, 50% of which is used today on conventionally-grown cotton plant alone to produce cotton clothing products that are inferior to hemp clothing in terms of durability, thickness, softness, and sustainability. Two successive hemp crops are enough to reclaim land that has been abandoned because of Canadian thistles or quack grass

Hemp used for anything from fish nets, bow strings, canvas, strong rope, fine bed linen linen garments, towels, paper, clothing, building materials to car manufacturing & oils used by industry & body care.

In fact, anything made out of wood, cotton or petrochemicals can be made out of hemp.

All of these products, and thousands of other everyday items now imported, can be produced from home-grown hemp & can be grown on American farms.

Hemp prohibition has led to un-told numbers of American job losses & had a devastating effect on the American farming & textile industries. In the first six months of prohibition in 1937 we imported over $50,000,000 in raw fibers alone.

During the 1980s, imports of yarns, fabrics, and clothing rose 184%. Foreign competitors have taken 40% of the market share in the U.S., at a cost of 800 closed textile mills and 1 59,000 jobs. http://www.ncto.org/index.asp

Hemp: as crop, will not compete with other American products. Instead, it will displace imports of raw material and manufactured products produced by underpaid peasant labor and it will provide thousands of jobs for American workers throughout the land.

Quoting - "Hemp for Victory,"
http://www.globalhemp.com/Archives/Government_Research/USDA/hemp_for_victory.shtml

a USDA film made in 1942; "A 44-gun frigate like our cherished 'Old Ironsides' took over 60 tons of hemp for rigging, including an anchor cable 25 inches in circumference. The Conestoga wagons and prairie schooners of pioneer days were covered with hemp canvas. Indeed the very word canvas comes from the Arabic word for hemp. In those days hemp was an important crop in Kentucky and Missouri."

Thomas Jefferson grew hemp on his plantation as an industrial crop, selling the dried stalk to the U.S. Navy as outfitting material. George Washington grew it too, harvesting the fibrous seed for a variety of commercial uses, including the same oil now used in the locally sold lotion in question. For more than a century, hemp was legal tender to pay American taxes

Cannabis/Hemp was the fiber our sails of freedom that brought us to America were made of & a large part of why America won the war with Brittan for independence.

The very paper our countries charter was written on was made of hemp, had it been made of today’s paper = it would have long ago wasted beyond restoring

Again; the evidence is over whelming that cannabis as a fiber is a far superior to any other fiber producing plant in the world.

To oppress industrial hemp & remove cannabis/hemp evidence from the history books & the Smithsonian is a travesty of American history/industry & the shaming of some powerful men’s name in American history

Cannabis/Hemp as a food source; read this closely
http://www.rawganique.com/whyhemp5.htm

Anti-Oxidant ---Experiments conducted at the National Institute of Health (Bethesda MD) in 1998 showed Cannabidiol to be a potent anti-oxidant, even more effective than Vitamins C or E. The researchers induced ischemic strokes in rats, then treated them with CBD to neutralize free radicals which cause much of the damage associated with such strokes. The Israeli company Pharmos is conducting human clinical trials with the synthetic cannabinoid Dexnibinol to treat damage from strokes. CBD potentially offers an optional treatment (and possible prevention) of stroke, heart attacks, and neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases
*Source: Proc. Nat. Acad. Science (7 July 1998)

The United States of America has always led the fight in the world for giving to poor & under-developed countries – yet the pressure & influence the American government has on small world countries to ban cannabis as a foods source has me baffled even more.

Hempseed can be pressed for its highly nutritious vegetable oil, which contains the highest amount of essential fatty acids in the plant kingdom. These essential oils are responsible for our immune responses and clear the arteries of cholesterol and plaque.
http://www.hempoilcan.com/index.htm...mune system. [url]http://www.hempoilcan.com/

These essential fatty acids were used by Dr. Joanna Budwig http://curezone.com/letters/dr.Johanna_Budwig.asp (nominated repeatedly for the Nobel Peace Prize) to successfully treat "terminal" cancer patients, as well as those suffering from cardiovascular disease, glandular atrophy, gall stones, kidney degeneration, acne, dry skin, menstrual problems and immune deficiency.

We are well aware there are starving people in this world & an Aids epidemic in South Africa & according to the CDC, somewhere between 1.04 million and 1.19 million people in the US were living with HIV in December of 2003. The most recent previous estimate, from 2002, put the number at between 850,000 and 950,000.

We now have studies with positive results; that the essential oils cannabis/hemp produces support & protect the immune systems of persons with the H.I.V. virus & that cannabis helps the suffering of those infected by this horrible dieses.
http://www.pazienticannabis.org/HIV.html
http://www.cdnaids.ca/web/position.nsf/cl/cas-pp-0021
http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/MEDICAL/nejm.html

These insane prohibitions against the most valuable plant on Earth, cannabis hemp, must yield to public demand. The promise of better health and the possibility of feeding the world are at our fingertips."

Cannabis/Hemp as a healthy food source can help bring HOPE to the hungry children & adults of the world that sees no God in action with an empty stomach

I simply ask; how can you have this knowledge, & NOT help our hurting world?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Renewable cheap energy
http://www.ratical.org/renewables/

80% of all energy produced in the world up to 1850 was made from hemp

The overhauling of our foreign oil dependence is of sound judgment – yet I would question the motive behind so much opposesion to using hemp oil for fuel?

Hemp is Earth's number one biomass resource; it is capable of producing 10 tons per acre in four months.

Biomass can be converted to methane, methanol or gasoline at a fraction of the current cost of oil, coal, or nuclear energy - especially when environmental costs are factored in -

Up to the 19th century we had a carbohydrate based economy, one where plant materials were used for manufacturing products. In the 20th century we switched to a hydrocarbon based economy, manufacturing based on petrochemicals, with the resultant effect of global warming. Anything made from a hydrocarbon can also be made from a carbohydrate (both are plants, oil is just older plants!) Things like plastics can easily be derived from plant cellulose. Hemp can be an integral part of reverting back to a carbohydrate economy as it is the greatest biomass (ie cellulose) producer on the planet.

The environmental benefit of a carbohydrate economy is that no "new" carbon is released into the earths ecosystem (from where it's been locked in the earth crust), but rather it's recycled annually.

Hemp is easy on the soil, sheds its lush foliage throughout the season, adding mulch to the soil and helping retain moisture and its mandated use would end acid rain, end sulfur-based smog, and reverse the Greenhouse Effect on our planet - right now!

Cannabis/Hemp oil can be a benefit to American farming industry, the industrial nation & our planet as a whole providing a cheaper renewable fuel source.

This in-turn will reduce the world’s dependence on Oil rich Arab countries that starve their people & the spreading of democracy.
------------------------------------------------------
Recreational use = ending cannabis prohibition:

Cannabis as a recreational drug;

Cannabis has proven to be a far safer alternative for people who want to ‘recreationally’ express them selves or chose to be an addict.

It could;

give recreational users a drug that is peaceful & beneficial in nature

Help addicts find a safer/cheaper alternative drug that does not make them rob society & kill their bodies.
*Source:Mattison, J.B.: St. Louis Med. Surg. J. 61: 265-271 (1891)

Make our communities safer; removing marijuana from the criminal market would free up police time so police officers can focus on violent crimes, property crimes, and people who drive under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or any other substance. Tax dollars then could be put to work to incarcerate real criminals who threaten public safety.

Provide tax dollars

A group of more than 500 distinguished economists -- led by Nobel Prize-winner Dr. Milton Friedman -- released an open letter to you and other public officials calling for "an open and honest debate about marijuana prohibition,".
In it they state & put forth:

That a report just released by Dr. Jeffrey Miron,a visiting professor of economics at Harvard University, estimates that replacing marijuana prohibition with a system of taxation and regulation similar to that used for alcoholic beverages would produce combined savings and tax revenues of between $10 billion and $14 billion per year.

That's real money that could be used to address real problems like gaps in homeland security, failing schools, and growing budget deficits.

$14 billion in annual combined annual savings and revenues would cover the securing of all "loose nukes" in the former Soviet Union (estimated by former Assistant Secretary of Defense Lawrence Korb at $30 billion) in less than three years. Just one year's savings would cover the full cost of anti-terrorism port security measures required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002. The Coast Guard has estimated these costs, covering 3,150 port facilities and 9,200 vessels, at $7.3 billion total.

We know that prohibition hasn't kept marijuana away from kids, since year after year 85% of high school seniors tell government survey-takers that marijuana is 'easy to get.' Conservatives, especially, are beginning to ask whether we're getting our money's worth or simply throwing away billions of tax dollars that might be used to protect America from real threats like those unsecured Soviet-era nukes."

I want to sum up my feelings;

As a nation/society we will always have addicts, yet it’s proven in every day life that even addicts can maintain a life level of being productive.

Drugs are a tragedy for addicts, but criminalizing their use converts that tragedy into a disaster for society, for users and non-users alike.

Prohibition has demonstrated it does not deter the supply or the abuse of illegal drugs. Anyone who really wants them, gets them now. The "War on Drugs" has not only failed in its efforts to make America free of "illicit drugs" but in the process has constructed laws that are highly unjust, racist in application, a threat to individual freedom and a danger to our public health.

Milton Friedman, called by you/G.Bush; "a hero of freedom" & Alan Greenspan called him the most formidable economist of the past century.

His quote; "Can any policy, however high-minded, be moral if it leads to widespread corruption, imprisons so many, has so racist effect that it destroys our inner cities, wreaks havoc on misguided and vulnerable individuals and brings death and destruction to foreign countries ?"

As Christians; we have been sent to "bring good news to the oppressed to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners " (Isaiah 61:1) = we are called on by God to speak a prophetic word of judgment and hope to the present situation.

It is not enough for us to pray and ask God to heal the nations; we must combine our prayers with the hard work of seeking justice.

I believe we have a sacred obligation, to feed the hungry & help redress the grievances and correct the injustices of our present drug laws that condemn drug related offenders to harsh penalties and indeterminate prison sentences.

Each of us has fallen short of the glory bestowed on us and at times have engaged in habits we cannot control or break. It's time for the church/government/people to put down the rocks being tossed at medical/industrial/recreational cannabis use.

I do not believe for one second Jesus would send 800,000+ cannabis users a year to jail
http://mpp.org/arrests/arrests.html

All this information & much more are freely available.

I am medically disabled with horrible life threatening deceases & have lost my wife & son over the medical issue of using cannabis instead of the narcotics readily available by prescription.

As a fellow Christian & a voting American, your position baffles/hurts me & I feel as the leader of this great country your current position does not reflect the will of the people for Medical/Industrial/Recreational Cannabis & the heart of God for his people

It’s my prayer you will let God search your heart & do the strong, courageous & right thing for our country as well as millions of hurting lives across this world

I would be happy to provide you with facts for the above material or discuss this further with you or your staff.

I would also like to leave you with my personally signed copy of 'Jack Herer's book 'The Emperor Wears No Clothes'.
http://www.jackherer.com/

Thank you for your time Mr. President,
You & your family are in my daily prayers
Take care & may God bless

Cannabis Time line
http://www.tlmp.org/history_of_marijuana.html

The urban ecology of cannabis
http://www.hemp.on.net/final_folder/about_us/what_weve_done/campaigns/industrial_env/urbecocan.html

Hemp, the plant that can save Mother Earth - by journalist and commentator Hugh Downs speaking for ABC News radio http://fornits.com/curiosity/hemp/abc.htm

Global Hemp
http://www.globalhemp.com/

Drug library
http://www.druglibrary.org/

The vaults of Erowid
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

Major government studies on cannabis
http://www.ukcia.org/politics/studies.html
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer...ijuana Research [url]http://www.maps.org/mmj/

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/

Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
http://www.rxmarihuana.com/index2.htm

http://www.medmjscience.org/index.html

http://www.drugscience.org/amu.htm

http://www.medicalcannabis.com/index.html[url] MPP.. [url]http://mpp.org/index.html

The Media Awareness Project
http://www.mapinc.org/

http://www.drugpolicy.org/homepage.cfm

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
GMT said:
P.S. What are Highend from Legends? I cant find any info about them at all.
Never heard of them before.

Here ya go....this is the description for Highend that Red @ Legends uses:

Ahhhhh René, Where to truly begin with such a strain. Here in Vancouver British Columbia, is where I was to first come across this strain. A good friend at the time was growing large quantities of it, and was generous enough to give me his trim. The hash that was extracted from this trim was far superior to anything that was filling my bowl. We were all of course, just learning about the wonders of water extracted hashish, i.e. iceolator, bubblehash,etc. So the timing was perfect. The strain it was said, came from Montreal, and was named after the gentlemen who either bred, or acquired it. The genetics were said to be a Himalayan sativa crossed with an extremely pungent Skunk #1 male. Now for me, I cannot guarantee that lineage at all, as it was a story. What I can say about René, is that it holds that magical property I like to call THE FUNK. I’ve seen it in the Dank Ass Bitch(aka DAB), as well in the Cheese(that’s all the rage in the UK right now), and the Sour Diesel. I'm not saying these strains tasted alike at all, but it had this funk within its profile. To me, this makes a strain extra special. The melt factor on the René was, from the first day, jaw opening. Most of the people I was turning onto this René hash had never seen this type of quality. When posted on sites like Overgrow and Cannabis World, people believed it was a hoax. My excitement to be writing this is overwhelming, as I have smoked nothing but René bubblehash for over two years. This was the first two years I was in business with my bubblebag company , and those pictures of René bubblehash were integral in the timing of this all taking off. It has been almost five years now since we began this long strange trip, and I am very happy to be announcing here at Legends that the good old boys have acquired the original René, which is really what I am here to authenticate. As I am certain in the next few years you will be seeing a lot of Rene cross's as well as perhaps a pure René, coming out in seed form. However , if it is not from Legends Seeds one should, in the least proceed with caution. The first strains the boys are releasing with René genes involved, are some wonderful cross’s with DJ Shorts Blueberry male( the one that was used for his latest line). I Look forward to bubbling up some of the material from these seeds in the near future, and I'm certain I will be giving a full melt clear dome certification on top of the authenticity of the René genes that the good people at Legends Seeds have chosen to use. Give thanks to those that do this good work, in order to put the rest of you in a position where you can simply order. Rene is without a doubt one of my favourite ganja strains, and definitely my all time favourite hash making strain. Full melt, oh yeah all the way! !
- Bubble Man

Indoor-9 weeks
Outdoor-late September\early October
Yield-moderate
Resin-exceptional

dg

Status
Not open for further replies.