What's new

container size for 3-4 oz plants? (dry weight)

Dudleycheese

1# 4" substrate intill 5th node and pintch top then transplant to 2 gallon pot or your finish pot size (1 gallon soil/soilless/ hydro = 1 0z on average)

2# you are here after one week. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69408&pictureid=1668998&thumb=1]View Image[/url][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69408&pictureid=1668999&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

#3 now you have been bending / trianing branch's by hand once a day for a week .[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69408&pictureid=1669000&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Canopy should be even at this point. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69408&pictureid=1669002&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

4# after week (s) /training Flower plant when you hit 5 or more fingered leafs .

Kind of half ass but the best i have time to do/explain . good luck and over grow farma/gov lol

I'm going to be using 12 litre pots I think veg for 3/4weeks 3/4 oz a plant and at what node should I top for 8 tops?

Dankwolf

This will take 3 1/2 to 4 weeks . good luck

This will take 3 1/2 to 4 weeks . good luck

I'm going to be using 12 litre pots I think veg for 3/4weeks 3/4 oz a plant and at what node should I top for 8 tops?

I would top at the 5th or 6th node after a week of veg . you will have 5 or 6 main branches at this point. then wait/train another week and top your best 4 or 5 main branches so you will have 8 to 10 tops and continue veging/trianing for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks till you have atleast 5 finger sun leafs off your main 8 to 10 branches..

Also right before flowering clean up useless budsites.

G

ganjygav

I grew 2 strains last grow. both in 11ltr pots both using lst. Vanilla kush gave off just under 2 Oz and cheesy dick gave me a a few gs over 4 Oz. it's not about pot size it's very strain dependant. I grew the 2 plants in same tent, same light and feed. everything was done identical between the 2 but one put off double the other did.
Don't think bigger pots automatically equals bigger yield

Dankwolf

I grew 2 strains last grow. both in 11ltr pots both using lst. Vanilla kush gave off just under 2 Oz and cheesy dick gave me a a few gs over 4 Oz. it's not about pot size it's very strain dependant. I grew the 2 plants in same tent, same light and feed. everything was done identical between the 2 but one put off double the other did.
Don't think bigger pots automatically equals bigger yield

"1 gallon = 1oz " is a vary rough way to get an idea of possible yield . its just a starting point that is widely accepted and most skilled indoor gardeners aim for atleast an oz a gallon . some genetics can get 2+ oz out of 1 gallon pot and some genetics will give you less then an 1/8 .

It works alot better then looking at a untested seed or clone and trying to geuss lol.

Dankwolf

Also not all strains have the same needs wether it be npk,fert,temps,humidity,light intensity,spectrum,veg time,light schedule and many other factors out of a persons/growers control .

It takes me 2 to 3 runs to get a particular genetic/strian dialed in for the most part.

G

ganjygav

"1 gallon = 1oz " is a vary rough way to get an idea of possible yield . its just a starting point that is widely accepted and most skilled indoor gardeners aim for atleast an oz a gallon . some genetics can get 2+ oz out of 1 gallon pot and some genetics will give you less then an 1/8 .

It works alot better then looking at a untested seed or clone and trying to geuss lol.

I give up trying to guess yields a long time ago lol. Too much disappointment haha.
I just water and feed and see what happens.
My biggest yields have always been from cheese or anything critical.
Kush seems to always yield average no matter what I try.
SKUNK #1 would have been a good yielder if I hadn't lost all four of my main top buds to bud rot. EVEN without the main buds I still got close to 8 Oz from the 4 plants.
I ain't no expert lol far from it. I bumble my way through grows but seem to do OK.
My smokes always good.
I veg 4 weeks in 11ltr pots and Im sadistic so I enjoy topping and lst, maybe some super cropping. after that what will be will be.
I've done my days of stressing about this and that with grows.

Ledsicon

airpots

airpots

I give up trying to guess yields a long time ago lol. Too much disappointment haha.
I just water and feed and see what happens.
My biggest yields have always been from cheese or anything critical.
Kush seems to always yield average no matter what I try.
SKUNK #1 would have been a good yielder if I hadn't lost all four of my main top buds to bud rot. EVEN without the main buds I still got close to 8 Oz from the 4 plants.
I ain't no expert lol far from it. I bumble my way through grows but seem to do OK.
My smokes always good.
I veg 4 weeks in 11ltr pots and Im sadistic so I enjoy topping and lst, maybe some super cropping. after that what will be will be.
I've done my days of stressing about this and that with grows.

many People including myself get 6-8 oz of 11l (3gallon?) airpots With autoflowers in under 80 days from seed.
its offcourse alot of strainvariation and phenovariations but many mnay ducth passion autofems for ex yield well over 200grams dry in 11-15l airpots

G

ganjygav

many People including myself get 6-8 oz of 11l (3gallon?) airpots With autoflowers in under 80 days from seed.
its offcourse alot of strainvariation and phenovariations but many mnay ducth passion autofems for ex yield well over 200grams dry in 11-15l airpots

Is that per auto plant?

Ledsicon

Yes mate ;)
Most dp autos yield well above 70g without effort,the biggest yield i know is the kings auto mazar 900g dried of 1 plant,just search it up:)
And many have managed over 300-350g on auto extreme,auto ultimate,think diffrent and auto mazar.

G

ganjygav

Fuck my ass,tits and mouth! Looks like I gotta take a look into autos again. I tried them once years ago when they first seemed to pop up on the market. I got about an Oz of each but one only gave me 8gs dry. Sounds like things have improved.

G

ganjygav

That looks amazing. The guy well skilled. when these plants are done I think I might invest in some of them dp auto seeds.

Ledsicon

dp autos

dp autos

That looks amazing. The guy well skilled. when these plants are done I think I might invest in some of them dp auto seeds.

thanx, i would urge you to look for following breeders if you want good potency stable autos and if you as i like high potency as possible but also good yields,i prefer Heavy knockout anti axiety painkilling sleepinducing indica or indicadominant Genetics for afternoon and weekends as im a quite Heavy medicinal toker prescribed 5grams a day of 22-24% thc lab tested guaranteed no pesticides and so on.

:
- Dutch passion Auto night Queen, not their biggest but certainly one of the most potent knock out indicas autoflowers With average over 20% thc and winner of 2016 autoflower cup.
- Dutch passion auto Colorado cookies, Nice indica dominant hybrid With two to Three phenos all very good) my favorite so far:) best tasting weed ever along With auto berry (grapefruit sativa x auto Blueberry)the last is from marijuana-seeds.nl
- Dutch Passion auto Extreme,auto ultimate,think big,think different,auto euforia,auto Durban poison,auto white widow and also auto mazar and blue automazar are very high yield potentials on, many many logs ranging from 100-303g on one plant in airpots.
- mephisto Genetics alien vs triangle (tested at 25,4 % thc and very good from what i hear, same With grape crincle and their chemdoggin,3bears og,walther white,tyrone special and more.. all mephisto Genetic autos are very potent and they have been breeding autos i think it was 7-10 years looking for all best keepers and traits and inbreeding the most potent and tastiest all the time before they went on the market,never seen a seedbank grow so fast With all positive and overly satisfied customers..
: also humboldt seed org has some very Nice autos quite unique and on marijuana-seeds.nl you find alot other good autoflowers With high yield and also very good potency llike the white widow max auto ive grown 3 cycles, one of the phenos is actually the stickiest and most potent buds i have ever grown far better than all white widows ive tried, it was the lowest yielding but a serious thc content and knockout stone, i just called it knockout as all my friends and Clients that smoked it got paralized and fell asleep w2ithin 45 minutes of smoking 1-2 rips of the auto white widow max:) i think it must have been the indica dom kush pheno they keep Secret that is crossed into the white widow to get ww max i got, only had 1 pheno of that out of 10 seeds...
but all where quite Nice anyway and yielded between 50-150g dried pr plant..

also greenhouse seeds New autoflowers are said to be very good, and they also like dinafem and soon Dutch passion offer cbd enriched autoflowers..

i get following prescribed :
in a mixof 3 medicinal varieties,1 of allmost pure sativa bedrocan for daytime (its a Jack herer relative With very medicinal Properties for ptsd and depression 22-24% thc below 1% cbd(smellis and tastes like lemon cleaner diesel combo) very energetic With small amounts and can be quite knockout in large quantities actually for not daily smokers, also get bediol, 6,3-7%thc and 8 to 9% cbd,( also a jacks relative as far as i know but very sativadominant cbd Rich,good for daytime anti anxiety,anti depression abit, and abit painkilling, also get bedica 14-17% thc and below 1 % cbd ( more of a candy kush smelling strain, not that Nice daytime as it gets you lazy tired and very medicated1 and since the bediol cbd Rich sativa strain is allmost nothing myrcene terps in, the bedica has alot myrcene that is calming,sleepinducing and abit painkilling, so a mix of bediol and bedical for late evening is very good,also if you smoke too much high thc low cbd and get anxiety, one toke of bediol or bediol in the mix With the psycadelic sativadom strain and you dont get any anxiety or paranoia i can guarantee you:)

Ledsicon

also when trying out autoflower, i would really advice you to either grow in airpots With plagron light mix or similar perlite enriched low ec nutrient soil,or Coco without perlite, or autopots With perlite and airdomes or hydrosystems as dwc waterfarm aquafarm or even aerosystems.

and one foul alot of beginners do is overfeeding from start and using bloomboosters too early or too late.

i always advice as much oxygen to the roots as you can managed, a good soil or if Coco a very good nutrient lineup With silica,beneficial microbes and fungi as well as enzymes for roots and dead root materials and so on.

give them as much light as they can handle as soon as they are Three sets of leafs on,
wait until 10 days after you see preflowers before you change to Bloom nutrients and Bloom boosters so you get alot bigger autos but an additional 10-14 day cycletime but With double to Three times the yield as if you gave Bloom nutes at day 21-25 when preflowers usually shows, (note some dp autos can take 40+ days before preflowers and a good 90-100 days from seed for the monsterphenotypes that yield above 200grams..

i use : Advanced nutrients piranha vodoo juice tarantula,b52,rhinoskin, sensiym,bud ignitor,big bud,bud candy,nirvana,cal/mag xtra With chelated iron in too)overdrive,flawless finish,also this time have used some ghe and general organics Products like bio roots,bio Bloom,bio protect, bio root+,urtica nettle brew,seaweed extract,liquid Worm castings, guanokalong taste improver (batshit extraction),ghe flora kleen.also have used ghe flora Coco grow and Bloom and Advanced nutrients 3part ph Perfect base nutes i had laying around, beforei switched to Advanced nutrients connossiour grow a+b and Bloom a+b ph Perfect)

my friend grew With only ghe flora Coco grow and Bloom and some genral oragnics supplements in autopots With airdomes and one tent With 6,5 square pots With same ledlights and did not have any Advanced nutrient additives or basenutes except calmag extra and big bud but he yielded 30-35 % less than me and With far less dense buds and size of buds was more elongated and fluffy even though we had same Genetics and same lights, but he used cheaper and less types of nutes and additives. my buds have like triple layered trics growing on top of eachother at least on the cookies, he does not at all,his look more hairy than triched out dense...

G

ganjygav

Thanks for the info fella. I will definitely source some of these seeds. got a while to go yet. I'm only on 2nd week of veg. I'VE just transplanted and have another 2 weeks of veg to go. maybe more if I top again.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im pulling qps or close to, dry from 1/2 gal coco pots, supercropped, lollipopped and hand watered. this round will be drip irrigated on a cycle timer, vertical scrog and i'm shooting for 6+ out of each 1/2 gal pot

edit: sorry, just realized this was in the soil forum. my bad. carry on lol

Ledsicon

Yeah many think we need xl containers but With right nutes, soil,coco or similar dwc or others you easily get very good harvest grown properly that is :)

sounds Nice Your 1/2 gal Coco pots yielding that much is quite proof :)