What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Constant problem at a building

Hookah79

No I was thinking your situation may be worse because of higher humidity depositing sulfuric acid on the leaves. And some bicarbonate on the leaf surface would help mitigate the acid. There are test to use bicarbonates to actually react with the SO2 but usually in flue gas at high temps.
I was hoping i would get a more definitive negative result than what the test showed.The company took some foam samples but didn’t test it because again they said the foam is fine.

I asked him if there was a reputable SO2 tester he said not to bother and to use PH papers to collect dust in the room and test for Sulferic Acid 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Three Berries

I was hoping i would get a more definitive negative result than what the test showed.The company took some foam samples but didn’t test it because again they said the foam is fine.

I asked him if there was a reputable SO2 tester he said not to bother and to use PH papers to collect dust in the room and test for Sulferic Acid 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Just lay out some paper pH strips for below 6 and it will show up over time.

Ca++

Good catch,but 5.6 ppm is still alot.
I'm not sure you are hearing us. You don't have 5.6ppm you have 0.0056ppm or as they said, 5.6ppb 'b'

If the corridor is fine, then what's different in the room. Insulation. Paint?

Tents of outside air going better?

tentgrower

Looks like bugs to me. Those deformed leaves don't happen due to nutrient issues. Have you scoped the leaves with 120x or higher magnification? Are you routinely inspecting leaves from each area of the garden with a scope? Water quality is certainly something to look at. That damage looks indicative of russet or broad mite damage. I had this exact scenario unfold for me a year ago. I kept adjusting my fertilizer input and altering ph. As the damage worsened over several perpetual cycles I had to trash everything and shut down the grow. Best of luck.

Ca++

Chatting to someone last night about this. A local failed for 4 years. Couldn't get plants much past his knee. Even plants he was given that size, would fail. Shop asked him if he had lino. A generic name given to any vinyl like floor. He had. It was the problem. 4 years this had been going on, which doesn't fit the idea things get better over time.

Another interesting point was raised. Testing the air needs to be done with the lights on. Full light, full temperature, full humidity. Otherwise we are not testing our environment.