What's new

Considering bagseed grow. Would like opinions/results from others.

Rastatrue

Hey Now, I welcome this guy's interest. All herb seed were once in a bag. Here my point;
"I'm buying a light, a tent, and a mess of fertilizer, how much and how long till......

P.T. Barnham said, "there's a sucker born every minute."

The K.I.SS method, a green thumb and some luck, that's how you grow weed. Come on, if your dropping $500 for equipment, don't you think getting some decent seed is important? I wish you good luck pop those bag seed and pot them under a couple of CFl bulbs. Learn how the plant grows before committing to a major investment. Electricity costs and your still operating in a grey area of laws. Be smart & you won't be sorry.

Jnugg

Veteran
My last grow was all random bagseed from great bud and I got some great plants/keepers.Check it out in my sig below.

I also don't like using bagseed unless just a few beans per ounce to pound.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Results of a cross of bagseed:

picture.php

I like it, and everyone else who smokes it likes it too.

DrBagseed

Thanks for all the replies. I've already spent 850$ on the grow kit because its expencive here... Dont want to wait a month for a kit from ebay.

And I managed to Get someone to get me some seeds, so I will be growing a indica landrace crossed with skunk 1# ( forgot name ) and a kush, also forgot the name. Also getting black cream seeds wich is an auto.. If i start those at the same time im gonna have to veg for two months, might be overkill. And since all the seeds are feminized im gonna start some of the bagseeds so I can make my own strains so I dont have to think about seeds again.
Cant wait for next week!

What do you guys think about coco, could a noob pull it off? I should probably just stick to soil and the line of nutrients I chose.
Have a great night

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
damn man 850 bux is a lot of loot, i grew weed with 50 dollar investments, with bathroom vanity lights from goodwill,cfl bulbs, use a closet not a tent, get dirt , composted manure and mushie compost, use free contAiners ya make at home out of shit. and yer asking about coco already, that shows yer over thinking this growing thing. im trying to help you here, it doesnt take money or fertilizer to grow weed, it taKES A ASEED, WATER, DIRT, LIGHT.
just germ those seeds ya have already . IM SURE THEY ARE BETTER THAN AUTOS . anything auto = ruderalis = shit . not sure why ya dont have pictures of seedlings already, ya can start them in a cup of dirt in a window, ya dont even need a light. stop fuckin thinking and stick some seeds in dirt, its that easy, then pour water on it , then leave it the fuck alone, water it when it drys out

DrBagseed

The seeds are on they're way in the mail and i wouldnt want to start them anyways before the tent is here, placing it in the window will probally make it stretch a lot in the begging wich i dont want.
one of the reasons i asked about coco was because its cheaper to get it shipped than a big bag of soil, but i could probably use soil from the local plant store..
And yeah.. 850 is a huge investment but i'm already past 1000$ in expenses so this better not screw up.
About the autos, the reason i want to grow them is more or less because the plant turns blood red/purple with almost black leaves, it looks amazing and gave me an eyegazm when i first saw the pictures.

Im not trying to over complicate things, i know plants grow with water and dirt, i tried many years ago with an autoflower in a 1 liter bottle of soil under the light in my kitchen and i got smokeable buds.. but i want to be able to maximize the results because im probably only doing 1 run that has to last me a while.

B

BredForMeds

before u take advice from people here. check out the bud they grow. ive seen some dudes who cant even grow a half way healthy plant .. and they are saying ya man do it.. bagseeds are awesome!..

id say 90% of bagseed is GARBAGE.. 80% of those hermis.. eventually .. and the 10% that's good.. CAME FROM AMAZING WEED AND WAS LABELED AND U KNOW KINDA WAT IT IS. or.. BAGSEED coming from a grower.. who knew wat plant hermied. or were the pollen came from. those mite be good..

other then that BAGSEED is a WASTE OF TIME.. don't pull some seeds out of Mexican swag and think ur going to get the next CHEMDAWG or OG KUSH..

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
goddamn *&^%$$ you actually spent $1000 and you haven't even grown anything yet? yikes! you coulda sent me $300 and i coulda sent you back a custom cabinet shipping included that's better than that tent. shit for $50 in supplies and some creativity you could have built a tent out of PVC and some panda plastic.

shawkmon while seeming to be speaking harshly to you is giving you the best advice. you're doing way too much for a first grow and you're gonna be sorely disappointed at the end. your end result is not gonna justify all that money. if you aren't even able to go down to your local walmart/home depot and grab some miracle gro organics or some $2 a cuft manure or mushroom compost then you definitely need to not be fucking with coco for your first grow. i'm 15 years in and my first 2 coco runs were shitty. very steep learning curve. i suggest you take that tent back, go get some locally sourced supplies and make your first grow a less expensive learning experience.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
i grow some awesome smoke and it's all been from bagseed..of course, it's from GOOD bags....
threw my first seeds in the ground in the 70's.. I haven't seen a hermaphrodite in 20 years or more....

supermanlives

Veteran
high P is overrated , yall guys and yer nutes are brainwashed , plenty of a lil P in poop and dirt, if ya need more use a lil bone meal, wich i dont endorse
I have grown with just manure as the fert source...it leaves a lot to be desired.. I don't use bloom boosters per say but I do up p and k levels a bit...to each their own but experience has taught me a bit over the years and so didn't going to school for horticulture

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i dont mean to sound mean , i just did all the fucking up for every new person , i did everything wrong , lol , im just trying to help

Jnugg

Veteran
I'm going to disagree with not needing nutes.

Sure,it's a weed and will grow,but not to anywhere near it's potential.

The OP could start out with FFOF and go without feeding for 30 days (especially if just a young plant) and then start adding nutes.

Whether or not the OP wants to go 100% organic or not is unclear to me.

I've always been a fan of FFOF and feeding with their line up (Grow Big,Tiger Bloom,Big Bloom) and their dry additives (Open Seasame,Beastie Bloomz,and Cha-Ching).But I also like FFOF using the lucas method...8ml Floramicro/16ml Florabloom.In fact,I like the lucas methid more because it's just simpler without having to mix so many nutes up.

Lucas method is also a great learning guide to teach a new grower (or old) about qhat their particular plants wants/needs are.

It may not yield the biggest buds,or the frostiest buds,or the most potent buds...but it's a damn good equalibrium of all three and a grower can always mess with the ratios or add additives depending on what they would like to improve.

So in short...yes,dirt and no nutes will work (but I's hope that dirt is atleast ammended with organic ferts and beneficials at the very least...not just topsoil or backyard dirt).

supermanlives

Veteran
I don't do anything less than 100 percent....... but that's me... I did the simple route once and had all the manure I wanted... it left a lot to be desired if used as sole fert source

DrBagseed

BLACK CREAM Auto and MAZARI non-auto.
pJAA4t5.jpg

Arrived today, sadly the kush was not there so I guess it'll be atleast one bagseed sprouted. Now the damn tent just has to get sent so i can sprout these motherfuckers.

Thanks for replies, i would prefer using a 1 part nutrient but its hard to get and i somehow believe canna will be the best, going 100% organic is not my intention as i heard its harder.
Im gnna read up on FFOF as i have not heard about it.

So I will probably use more or less the full line of CANNA if it is what i chose to use, im gonna have to decide it over the next few days.

I have a 7,5w led lamp(white/blue light i think) would you guys start the plants already in random soil from house plants? The tent will probably take a week before its here.

Jnugg

Veteran
Stick it out until you get the growing media of your choice but know that soil is forgiving...the most forgiving growing media actually.

If it's your first grow,I'd stick to soil and highly recommend Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil as young freshly rooted plants won't need to be fed for the first 30 days due to all the earthworm castings (source of Nitrogen) and all the other organic ferts in it,plus it has lime already in it to buffer the pH.

Soak a paper towel (but not too wet,more so damp) and place the seeds you want to germinate in it and fold it over a few times and place in a baggie,then place that baggie in a warm (70°F to 75°F) area like a sock drawer and check in 36 to 48 hours.

Once the seeds have cracked and the taproots are 1/4" to 1/2" long,place them taproot down into some rapid rooter plugs or oasis plugs in a seedling tray under some fluoro's.

Once the seedlings have sprouted and roots begin emerging through the plugs,plant into solo cups or 1 gallon containers filled wirh FFOF.

After a month of being in the FFOF,or any yellowing of leaves occurs,start feeding with 8ml GH Floramicro/16ml Florabloom per gallon of water.You'll use that ratio of nutes for the entire veg and grow cycle.It's called the lucas formula and works great.Check my sig below to see the results in my last grow using FFOF and GH floramicro/florabloom @ 8ml/16ml per gallon of water.

When you feed/water,you can do feed feed water,or feed water water.Just pay attention to the plants and they'll tell you if they want more food or more water.

Another option if wanting to do a simple one part is 7 grams of GH Maxibloom per gallon of water (same as GH floramicro/flora bloom @ 8ml/16ml per gallon).

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

hayday

Veteran
On your bagseed,I'd weed out the thin leaf plants as they could take twice as long to flower thus compounding any problems you might have in your grow medium.After 8-10 weeks flower you could have some issues you might not be prepared to fix.Might be fine tho...
Good job on the vendor seed:biggrin:You'll be fine with those

DrBagseed

Stick it out until you get the growing media of your choice but know that soil is forgiving...the most forgiving growing media actually.

If it's your first grow,I'd stick to soil and highly recommend Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil as young freshly rooted plants won't need to be fed for the first 30 days due to all the earthworm castings (source of Nitrogen) and all the other organic ferts in it,plus it has lime already in it to buffer the pH.

Soak a paper towel (but not too wet,more so damp) and place the seeds you want to germinate in it and fold it over a few times and place in a baggie,then place that baggie in a warm (70°F to 75°F) area like a sock drawer and check in 36 to 48 hours.

Once the seeds have cracked and the taproots are 1/4" to 1/2" long,place them taproot down into some rapid rooter plugs or oasis plugs in a seedling tray under some fluoro's.

Once the seedlings have sprouted and roots begin emerging through the plugs,plant into solo cups or 1 gallon containers filled wirh FFOF.

After a month of being in the FFOF,or any yellowing of leaves occurs,start feeding with 8ml GH Floramicro/16ml Florabloom per gallon of water.You'll use that ratio of nutes for the entire veg and grow cycle.It's called the lucas formula and works great.Check my sig below to see the results in my last grow using FFOF and GH floramicro/florabloom @ 8ml/16ml per gallon of water.

When you feed/water,you can do feed feed water,or feed water water.Just pay attention to the plants and they'll tell you if they want more food or more water.

Another option if wanting to do a simple one part is 7 grams of GH Maxibloom per gallon of water (same as GH floramicro/flora bloom @ 8ml/16ml per gallon).

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Thanks for the reply. So I think I will stick with soil then, unfortunately I do not have the possibility to buy the Fox Farms soil as its not stocked in my country or any nearby ones. I have the choice between Canna professional+ or biobiz allmix i think, or i could buy cactus soil localy wich is soil without much nutrients and some sand in it, and I might be able to get perlite. What would you chose here? Should I buy smart-pots maybe?

Thanks for the tip on the floramicro and florabloom, so its basicly the same as maxibloom? That might make me want to use that instead of the CANNA line because of cost. By the way, would pk 13/14 and canna boost help if i chose to use the floramicro and florabloom mixture?

I will use the method with a baggie to sprout it instead of using two plates because it seems more practical when you say it.
Unfortunately I dont think i will be able to get rooting plugs, but maybe. do they help a lot? How would you plant them if you couldnt get any plugs?

Checked your grow also, seems like you had a very nice leaf/bud ratio? I can only imagine what a 600w would have done in that grow. So that was with only the florabloom and floramicro mix?

DrBagseed

On your bagseed,I'd weed out the thin leaf plants as they could take twice as long to flower thus compounding any problems you might have in your grow medium.After 8-10 weeks flower you could have some issues you might not be prepared to fix.Might be fine tho...
Good job on the vendor seed:biggrin:You'll be fine with those

Maybe I should start 4-5 seeds and grow them for 2-3 weeks and pick the one or two plants wich grows more ''dense'' than the others.
Yeah lucky they got through, but really unfortunate that the kush was not there, it seemed like an amazing strain, it was crossed with a krome or something with amazing resin production, but the mazari will be great also probably.

Does anyone have experience with Black cream and Mazari? Or even growing non auto and autos togheter? Sprouting them at the same time would mean 2 months+ veg time for the mazari if I dont put it in 12-12 before the Black Cream auto is finished, but that will damage her yield. Wish I could afford a flower and veg tent, but I cant start a jungle here anyways..