What's new

Connoisseur Genetics - SSSDH - Drip/DWC

GastroGrower

Update - Day 1 of Flower

Update - Day 1 of Flower

Today I moved these girls into my taller tent to start flowering. The tangerine dream kept pushing up against my light the past few days (couldn't keep it raised quick enough) and the top node is a little burned, so it'll get topped today to clean up. With that said, the damage is pretty minimal, so one more cool thing about LED. I moved the 300 W LED I had been using over these into the tent with the other 300 W I had going so we're looking at about 600 W all together pulled from the wall.

picture.php
picture.php

Thanks for stopping by.

GastroGrower

Update - Day 10 of Flower

Update - Day 10 of Flower

Day 10 of flower. These girls have stretched about a foot, maybe a little bit more, since they started 12/2. I had a small nutrient issue on the SSSDH but that appears to be cleared up for the moment.

I need to do some trimming on the bottom as the lights just not getting down there.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Update - Day 16 of Flower

Update - Day 16 of Flower

Both the SSSDH and the Tangerine Dream are stretching like crazy. I'm going to have to top again tonight to keep it manageable. Lights are pretty much as high as I can get them.

I need to get some kind of support in place for the Tangerine plant as it has leaned over on the SSSDH. If I had been able to put these into flower two weeks earlier I don't think this would have been as much of an issue.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Fuck off with that Streeeeeeettcccchhhhh

Fuck off with that Streeeeeeettcccchhhhh

Made the decision to go ahead and tie down the Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze and the Tangerine Dream to deal with the stretch. They'll be immobile from now on so I won't be able to remove the plants for feeding or maintenance. I think the biggest driver for the stretch on these two girls was not keeping them aggressively trimmed back plus the heat they saw during lights on vs lights off in veg and the first two weeks of bloom. Heat exchange has been a problem in the external room these tents are in. The temperature outside has significantly dropped in the past few days so it's beginning to get a bit more reasonable. Once I got the plants tied up I did some heavy trimming on the branches that won't get much light.

New growth is finally looking like I've got the PPM at a good level. No burned tips or visible deficiencies.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

And Clones Taken

And Clones Taken

Also took the afternoon to clean my aeroponic cloner and take some new cuts for preservation.

3 - Karmdown#2 x Pink Bazooka (DTOG Seeds)
3 - Mendocino Purp (cut only version)
2 - SSSDH (Connoisseur genetics)

The last batch of clones I had in here died when I lost power last week. All my big plants are on backup power so no damage there.

The SSSDH is only in week 3 of bloom so I think it should root without issue, but fingers crossed for good luck. Once a few of these root and can be moved out, I'll be taking some clones of a Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka plant (also DTOG).

picture.php

Thanks to anyone who stopped to check this thread out. Not much feedback so I'm hoping that means i'm not doing anything too horrendous :shucks:

GastroGrower

I've been using the Apollo lights for about 9 months and really like them for the cost. I used two of the 300 watt models (each pulls around 150 watts from the wall) on a single plant recently and pulled in about 1/3 of a lb. Veg time was at least 6 weeks though.

coldcanna

Veteran
I think you'd benefit from throwing a screen in there or supercropping, with the LEDS lower canopy penetration you'd benefit from an even layer of flowers

Plants look healthy though so great job. I've wanted to run SSSDH for awhile

GastroGrower

Yeah, when I vegged these out I was just wanting to see how they grew naturally. Had I thought ahead I would have put them under a scrog and removed anything below the canopy.

GastroGrower

I would loooove to try the SSSDH outside as I think it could really shine without any space limitations. Wish I had the option. It's getting one hell of a trunk on it and I think it could produce some serious trees.

GastroGrower

You can really see the difference in the speed of bud development between the Tangerine Dream, listed at 10 weeks, and the Haze plant, listed at 12 weeks to harvest. I expect both of them to go a bit longer. Here they are at the end of week 3.

TD
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SSSDH
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
That haze looks like a real sativa lol.. I always thought those thin leaves look cool when u have a plant with tight nodes.

I think I'm gonna try one of the SSSDH clones I took and put it in the ground outside.
Are your plants that you just started flowering giving off any distinct smells you can pick out?

I took a look at your other diaries and I really like those autos.. They get pretty damn big for autos yah?

Thanks for stopping by in my thread as well bro!

GastroGrower

The SSSDH has an interesting lime/cheese smell on a stem rub. Almost a weird hint of caramelized onions if that makes any sense, haha. I imagine it will continue to lighten up as it matures but it's mostly just skunky right now.

Those autos actually surprised me in terms of their yield, that said, the taste on most of them was just bleh. Maybe one or two had a good flavor, but the rest taste pretty hempy. I haven't had a chance to sample the one I have going in hydro so it may be on a different level.

GastroGrower

Update - Day 22 of Flower

Update - Day 22 of Flower

Things are looking nice on the first day of week 4. The stretch seems to have ended for the most part.

SSSDH
picture.php
picture.php

Tangerine Dream
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Update - Day 28 of Flower

Update - Day 28 of Flower

Here's a couple pics of these girls. It's pretty hard to tell them apart from pics at this point, but the branches with the larger leaves and slower development are the SSSDH.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Update - Day 30 of Flower

Update - Day 30 of Flower

Today I rearranged both plants and tied them up, one on each side. It's much easier to work with them now and maintenance will be much more effective. The Tangerine Dream is still in need of some trimming or additional training but it's better for the time being.

Also did some significant trimming on any lower buds that weren't really getting any light and picked my main branches. I had to turn one of the 300 W LED lights off for the time being and may replace it with an equivalent CFL light since the LED light in the top left may not fit the way it needs to in order to light up the back of the TD.

Tangerine Dream (left) / Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (right)

picture.php

GastroGrower

While the TD stretched like crazy (partially my fault) the node spacing is nice on side branches and it's making lots of cute little popcorn buds. I think if I can feed her well and maintain the light coverage she's going to produce really well, though not a ton of huge colas. The SSSDH Has some really sturdy main stems and I think I will either run this phenotype (assuming my clones take) or pop another of the seeds I have of the strain and fill this tent with it in a scrog as soon as the tent is free. Both strains would be great in that setup of course.

Dakine

Veteran
Hey bro jus wonderin but what was the ratio of sativa-indica that the breeders rated the TD and SSSDH at? Yeah your right about most likely getting a bunch of small buds and not colas though! Theres A shitload of budsites everywhere..

Wha tare you feeding them right now? They look pretty lush green right now with no yellowing.

Great job so far tho, cant wait till they start filling in and the smells get outta control!

GastroGrower

The Tangerine Dream is supposedly an indica dominant plant that finishes at 65 days. Definitely seems like I got a sativa leaning pheno though.

I guess the SSSDH tends to lean on the hazey sativa side of things but it's got some big fat leaves that remind me of a Diesel or indica type plant, as does it's stature in veg.

Right now they're getting all botanicare at around 650 - 700 ppm. Last few weeks have been: 25 ml bloom, 6 ml Liquid Karma, 6 ml CalMag, 8 - 10 ml Silica blast and 10 ml Hydroplex in 3 gallons RO water. They were really touchy to over feeding at first but I think they're evening out. Newer growth all looks good and healthy.

Latest posts

Latest posts